• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ARs, AKs, etc.

Not an AR or AK, but a new toy. Savage MKII. My new squirrel killer.
20120606182957.jpg

I've been wanting to get a squirrel rifle too. I decided on the Gamo Hunter Extreme, seen here. I'd owned BB guns as a kid and figured that would be enough power, plus it would be quiet enough that I could sit in my backyard and do it without disturbing anyone. What I hadn't considered is how much of a difference there is between the Crossman 760 of my youth and a real, adult airgun.

Finding one has been a challenge until today. I went to an out of the way gun store today to look around and they had one left. I immediately bought it, giddy like a kid. After getting home I loaded a pellet into the gun, took aim on a bird, pulled the trigger, promptly scared the shit out of myself, and ran inside. This thing is loud! It's like shooting a friggin' .22. I swear for the next 30 minutes I half expected the police to show up to my house.

[font="arial]Squirrel rifle..?? A buddy and I have come to the conclusion that a tricked out .22 rifle would be fun to have, and since I needed a threaded barrel anyway....well, it went off the cliff pretty fast:[/font][/size]
[font=arial][size=3][color=#282828][font=helvetica]I'm doing a serious "pimp my ride" to my nearly 30 year old Ruger 10-22:[/font][/color][/size][/font][list]
[*][size=3]Tactical Solutions fluted barrel (0.920")[/size]
[*][size=3]Tactical Solutions v-block barrel retainer[/size]
[*][size=3]Volquartsen recoil buffer[/size]
[*][size=3]Hogue overmolded stock[/size]
[*][size=3]Tally 1" scope rings (does away with the rail - mounts directly to the receiver)[/size]
[*][size=3]Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 150 yard BDC scope - 3X9 - 40mm (soooo nice...!!)[/size]
[/list][font=arial][size=3][color=#282828][font=helvetica]...parts are here except the barrel which is on backorder for another month. In progress:[/font][/color][/size][/font][list]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica][size=3]Trigger rebuild by Brimstone [/size][/font][/color][font="helvetica][color="#282828"]Gunsmiths[/color][/font]
[*]Bolt blueprinting and modifications by Que's
[/list]
Now, that should be a pretty fun little .22.....!! I'll post pics when all the parts come home and I get it put together.

And, yes, there will be an "accessory" on the end..... :cool:

.....After getting home I loaded a pellet into the gun, took aim on a bird, pulled the trigger, promptly scared the shit out of myself, and ran inside. This thing is loud! It's like shooting a friggin' .22. I swear for the next 30 minutes I half expected the police to show up to my house.

...... :laugh:

Supersonic is supersonic, be it a pellet rifle, a .22, or a .223. I had buddies with Feinwerkbau .177 pellet rifles that would routinely go supersonic with the associated "crack" downrange....

That .22 should be bad ass, Tom! Looking forward to checking out the pics.

You know, not sure why but it didn't even occur to me that these pellets are traveling well beyond the speed of sound!

^
That one's not a drilled out Airsoft frame. That's the prototype of one that is built by Red Jacket and shoul be oming out for production this fall. I'm a big 10/22 fan myself. My current one is n an Archangel Target stock, with a green mountain .920 threaded barrel, bipod, and all the other requisite goodies. Its accurate enough that I can shoot .22 brass off a rail at 50 yards, and my fiveround groups are less than .5".

I just finished my first AR. Its a PSA 16" midlength upper on a SOG Arms lower. I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out. IT only needs a couple more things to be complete. I was already itching to build another,but I decided to try out the AK side of the fence, so I have an AMD-65 (Hungarian tanker model) that I'll be picking up next month.

^
That one's not a drilled out Airsoft frame. That's the prototype of one that is built by Red Jacket and shoul be oming out for production this fall. I'm a big 10/22 fan myself. My current one is n an Archangel Target stock, with a green mountain .920 threaded barrel, bipod, and all the other requisite goodies. Its accurate enough that I can shoot .22 brass off a rail at 50 yards, and my fiveround groups are less than .5".

I just finished my first AR. Its a PSA 16" midlength upper on a SOG Arms lower. I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out. IT only needs a couple more things to be complete. I was already itching to build another,but I decided to try out the AK side of the fence, so I have an AMD-65 (Hungarian tanker model) that I'll be picking up next month.

???

I recently got into assault rifles and have completely jumped into the deep end. I recently picked up a Saiga 12 and .410 and a FN PS90, and I'm waiting on a Barrett Rec 7. I was just looking at Saiga-12.com and noticed Swissy was a member there and got his shotgun configured in a similar fashion to how I want mine done. Any other members here with an assault rifle obsession?

With all that expensive liquor you ship to my house, how do you afford all these guns at once!?

Are you a drug lord? If so, are you hiring?

^

???

I'm no fan of Red Jacket either (overpriced and their show is retarded), but everything I have read about that particular product is actually positive... except for the price. There is a similar stock coming out from another company, but I cannot remember their name.

Got the trigger for my 10-22 back last night, and with all the pieces and my buddy Austin here to help me, well, we put it together..!!

BabySniperRifle.png

- Trigger tuned by Brimstone Gunsmithing
- Rimfire Specialties full width trigger (installed by Brimstone)
- Rimfire Specialties magazine release (thank you, Brimstone for the install in my trigger group)
- Tactical Solutions fluted 0.920" barrel (David at Brimstone fit the barrel to the receiver for me...awesome guy).
- Rimfire Specialties mainspring and guide
- Bolt blueprinting by Que (and jeweling of the bolt - you can see it in the pic).
- Volquartsen V-Block barrel mount upgrade
- Volquartsen Poly Recoil Buffer
- Nikon Rimfire 3X9 BDC scope (just beautiful).
- Talley Scope Rings (no rail - mounts directly to the receiver - sweet)
- Hogue over molded stock

...yes, the barrel is threaded (has a great fitted cap over the threads). There is this one more little accessory I'm waiting for....;-)

What an awesome little rifle..!! I'm blown by the trigger...I'd guess about 2 1/2 pounds...perfect. Also, I'm blown away by how much lighter the rifle is..!! Pretty amazing.

The barrel is floating about 1/8" all the way back to where the flutes stop....very, very nice. The V-Block upgrade seems to have done the trick.

I can't wait to shoot it...!!

Cheers - B.B.S.

I had one on an Olympic Arms AR chambered in 7.62X.39. It worked flawlessly. The gun ran great, and I could dump a mag in about 2 seconds. I could even shoot controlled bursts with it. I've been doing a lot of hog eradication of late and have removed it from the gun. I highly recommend them. I just ordered a S&W M&P 15-22 that I want to install it on. I've seen on the Internet where guys have got it to work on this rifle. I am a little skeptical though.

If your on the fence about buying one, I would suggest you do so soon. The way the anti gun crowd is rallying the masses, I wouldn't be shocked if they are outlawed soon.

I had one on an Olympic Arms AR chambered in 7.62X.39. It worked flawlessly. The gun ran great, and I could dump a mag in about 2 seconds. I could even shoot controlled bursts with it. I've been doing a lot of hog eradication of late and have removed it from the gun. I highly recommend them. I just ordered a S&W M&P 15-22 that I want to install it on. I've seen on the Internet where guys have got it to work on this rifle. I am a little skeptical though.

If your on the fence about buying one, I would suggest you do so soon. The way the anti gun crowd is rallying the masses, I wouldn't be shocked if they are outlawed soon.

I lot of the MP 15-22 threads I have read talk about guys getting $200 trigger groups to make it run. Like most things it probably comes down to technique and practice.

As far as running out and buying one, I dunno. I recall they were like a $125 when they first came out, with people questioning their legality. I've seen them well over that at the couple of guns shows that I have been to recently.

Further, I don't think the slidefire stock is really that high on the priority list at the moment, their are plenty of broad catergories that would essentially nueter the black rifle industry. That being said even purchasing one now doesn't mean you will be legal later. One needs only to look at the way the ATF handle the Akin's Accelerator