• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ARs, AKs, etc.

Does anyone have a nice link on what i need to obtain to submit for a tax stamp for a supressor? I recently finished building myself a Spikes Tactical ST-22 with a Lothar Walther threaded barrel that needs a new friend attached to it. I'll be applying for this out of Texas. Is it just obtaining a signature from local head of LE, tax fees, application, and lots of waiting while they do the background check?

Edit: Also, does it have to be registered to a single firearm and should only be used on that weapon or can i use it on my other 22LR?

Does anyone have a nice link on what i need to obtain to submit for a tax stamp for a supressor? I recently finished building myself a Spikes Tactical ST-22 with a Lothar Walther threaded barrel that needs a new friend attached to it. I'll be applying for this out of Texas. Is it just obtaining a signature from local head of LE, tax fees, application, and lots of waiting while they do the background check?

Edit: Also, does it have to be registered to a single firearm and should only be used on that weapon or can i use it on my other 22LR?

Give these guys a call. Never purchased from them, but we've talked. Seemed to have a very good handle on the process. Local to you, more or less.....

Thanks BBS! The site has a lot of information and apparently i can have it shipped to my door. I'll chat with them tomorrow and hopefully can get the ball rolling. :thumbs:

Just called the BATFE and my stamps will likely be ready sometime in DECEMBER..!! Crap..!! So hard to wait when you have fun toys on the shelf, pending approval...!!

Makes me want to get a couple more in the queue.... :whistling:

They like to give the worst case scenario when you call in. On a side note, I recently learned that if an NFA dealer is going out of business or changing the state they work out of, all of their paper work goes to the front of the line for immediate processing. A buddy of mine if moving from Wa. to Or. and all of his customers got their stamps within a month of him notifying the BATFE.

If I might ask, what did you get Tom? I want to order a .30 can, but am waiting on one for a 5.56.

I've got a Sparrow and an Osprey in .45 coming. Got both the Glock 21 and the Beretta 92 set up for the can so that should be pretty cool. You saw my rifle build and I have a MK-III pistol with a threaded barrel that i put a Volquartsen sear and a custom hammer bushing in, so rimfire is covered as well.

Been giving serious thought to either an M4-2000 or preferably a Sakar if the darn things ever become available.....

Sweet! I REALLY like the Sparrow and the Osprey!

FWIW, I had lunch with the guy I told you about who I get suppressors through, and that Osprey will also work on subsonic rifle cartridges (read: 300 blackout). Looks like I might not need a .30 can, though he does have one for an AK that is crazy inexpensive right now. :whistling:

well, continuing to have fun with the Saiga 12... got it tuned and shooting the cheapest, crappiest, dirtiest ammo available with no FTE's in any way, shape or form. It's much easier on the wallet now!! :laugh: It's smokey, dirty but loads if fun. I was testing all the crappy ammo I could find. The true test of the Saiga12 is if you can hip dump a 20 drum with no failures... if so, it is 100% reliable. The guy next to me at the range was testing his slidefire .308 AK47 and shot this video of me - and he let me play with his AK47... holy SHIT the slidefire is fun!! but the mag I shot was about $12 worth so I think an AR with a .22 conversion would be the way to go with one of those stocks.

http://player.vimeo....video/48424701

(I also did this one a few days ago... https://vimeo.com/47911974)

(Well, seems there is something amiss with video embedding... nothing from Vimeo will show up so you'll have to click on the link...)

More pr0n!

20120901152019.jpg

LMAO - I bought the same MKIII from the same guy you did, and put the same red dot on it, and am waiting for the same can...!!

I did, however, put a "Sam's" bushing in mine (removes the magazine safety and improves trigger pull) and also installed a Volquartsen sear. What an incredible difference that made in the trigger pull.....

That's funny Tom. Did you hit the gun show last weekend? I saw that he had two MKIII's at his table. Small world indeed!

That's funny Tom. Did you hit the gun show last weekend? I saw that he had two MKIII's at his table. Small world indeed!

...great minds think alike...;-) No, I passed on the show....they always turn out to be lots more expensive than I bargain for..... :p

My new toy/build.

SOTA .300 blackout upper, essential arms lower, Silencerco .45 Osprey suppressor.

I know, it's pretty mall-ninja, but I did get rid of a tactical 5.56 in the process, so I broke even. Except, 220 gr. subsonic FTW!

20120924193645.jpg

20120924195032.jpg

I had a Colt AR preban then sold it before the ban was over. I picked up an AK, (Romanian), a few years ago for $400 - now I see them going for 6 to 800 easily. Lots of fun to shoot but not worth the price tag of 800... If people only knew what they REALLY cost in some markets (Pakistan, Somalia, etc). :)

Lol...

Living in abject poverty but getting cheap guns. I am sure there is some social commentary on the value of life when compared to the price of fire arms, but that is a different topic altogther

My new toy/build.

SOTA .300 blackout upper, essential arms lower, Silencerco .45 Osprey suppressor.

I know, it's pretty mall-ninja, but I did get rid of a tactical 5.56 in the process, so I broke even. Except, 220 gr. subsonic FTW!

20120924193645.jpg

20120924195032.jpg

How does the osprey can work on the .300 black out? I though about going this route but bought a .30 cal can to use on my ar-10 as well. Do you think it could handle a .308? I AM Still waiting for my stamp.

Silencerco has videos of the Osprey on a number of .30 cal. rifles. The caveat is that the Osprey is designed for subsonic gas pressures. Does the 7.62/.308 platform offer subsonic options?

Silencerco has videos of the Osprey on a number of .30 cal. rifles. The caveat is that the Osprey is designed for subsonic gas pressures. Does the 7.62/.308 platform offer subsonic options?

I would have to reload them. .308 subsonic loads are not ideal, but I have read of a few guys getting decent results. I don't care about being completely silent, just enough to dampen recoil and maybe be able to shoot without hearing protection.