• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BIF - The CigarPass Inaugural Beer It Foward Pass

denverdog

Not now chief, I’m in the F**kin zone.
I have done this on my beer forum and really enjoyed it and after an PM from Justin asking about it I thought it would be fun to start one here on CP.

What is a BIF? It is a beer pass where the first participant sends a nice beer package to the next person in line who then pays it forward or in this case beers it forward and so on. The idea is to try and send people something local or rare that they would hopefully not be able to otherwise get.

Who? This is open to up to 10 current cigar pass members who are in good standing with the community. Post to sign up!

The Rules: Send 3 bombers or 6 - 12oz bottles (or the approximate equivalent), one drinking vessel ( glass, mug, whatever) and one super premium cigar ($15 minimum) to your recipient via UPS ground. Once you send the package, post the tracking number and estimated date of arrival.. Home brews and growlers of local beers are encouraged so mix it up and have fun!

The Contest:
After each package is received the recipient will post the contents. At the end of the pass we will vote on the best package sent and I will send that person a very special prize which will contain the following:

1 - Stone Old Guardian
1 - St. Sebastiaan Grande Reserve
1 - Three Floyds Fantabulous Resplendence X Anniversary
1 - 2005 Sam Adams Chocolate Bock

Participant List and Order:

1- denverdog - Complete
2- nicktressler - Complete
3- ThankYouForNotSmoking - Complete
4- davidr2340 - Complete
5- Aventinus - Complete
6- Jonesy - Complete
7- Smellysell - Complete
8- ndp - Complete
9- Joshmickelson - TBD
10- rob300c - Complete
11- tkoepp - Sent - ETA 9/29

Alright folks the pass order has been set and we are ready to go! I will be getting things together and will have Nicks package sent out no later then 7/18. Once I ship I will post the tracking number and ETA to keep us all updated on the progress.

The plan is to ship within 48 hours of receiving your package to make sure we keep it moving. Remember to post a picture (preferably) or list of what you are sent for the contest and have fun!

Oh yeah... This is going to kick ass Jonas!!! :thumbs:
Thanks for the invite bro!!!

Great group so far!

Rob - growlers are welcome. There are several rare beers (Pliny the elder and younger for instance) that are only available on tap and tons of regional stuff you can only get on top so bring em on!

Great group so far!

Rob - growlers are welcome. There are several rare beers (Pliny the elder and younger for instance) that are only available on tap and tons of regional stuff you can only get on top so bring em on!
Hmmm... I brewing a Pliny The Elder Clone in the next week or so!!! :thumbs:
Anyhow... I agree, great group so far!!! This should be amazing!!!

I've never shipped six packs and growlers. Please share some pointers on how to ship and costs. If it sounds good I have good ol' fashing Blatz, Pabst and Schlitz made right in the cheese state.

I'd head to your liquor store... They usually have a ton of boxes. The boxes have 6 slots (I think 6???) that a bomber would fit well in! Wrap 'em up good!!!
I think... If I'm off base, sorry!!!

I've never shipped six packs and growlers. Please share some pointers on how to ship and costs. If it sounds good I have good ol' fashing Blatz, Pabst and Schlitz made right in the cheese state.

Good question, glad you asked.

I have had good and bad luck shipping beer so I have a decent idea of what to do and what to avoid.

First rule is to use UPS and not USPS.

Second bubble wrap each individual bottle and add peanuts or some other form of filler to separate and pad the bottles.

Use a box with plenty of room and pad it well around all edges.

If you do those things you should be alright. Anyone else please feel free to add your thoughts on the subject.

I have decided and not to ship growlers...
Waaay too heavy...
I have some Nalgene bottles I will use instead!

-Rob

I have decided and not to ship growlers...
Waaay too heavy...
I have some Nalgene bottles I will use instead!

-Rob

I've sent a lot of growlers and it isn't cheap, but that's all my favorite brewery in town has. They started doing liters recently though...

I am in for this!!!! Pa has some kick ass beers!!!!!! pm me and let me know

FedEx ground works pretty good as well. You're still looking at at least ten bucks.

Edit to add:
Do not tell them you are shipping beer.
If anyone asks what I'm shipping, I tell them BBQ sauce, because that's a KC staple. I usually go to the FedEx at a Kinkos by my office, and there are no questions asked.

I have had good and bad luck shipping beer so I have a decent idea of what to do and what to avoid.

Second bubble wrap each individual bottle and add peanuts or some other form of filler to separate and pad the bottles.

If you do those things you should be alright. Anyone else please feel free to add your thoughts on the subject.

Does USPS not allow you to ship liquids?

Does USPS not allow you to ship liquids?

I believe you can ship liquids but I have had bad luck with them a few times when shipping beer. For one you cannot use the wine boxes which are nice to use for shipping several bombers, and two if they destroy anything (in this case expensive beer etc.) they won't cover it.

Alright who else wants in? Still a couple of spots open!

So, just to make sure I fully understand what I'm getting into.

I send one package of 6 really good, local brews, 1 glass or what not and 1 super premium cigar, right?

So, just to make sure I fully understand what I'm getting into.

I send one package of 6 really good, local brews, 1 glass or what not and 1 super premium cigar, right?

Yeah basically. The idea is to send a variety of beers that the recipient could not get in their region or are rare or hard to find. For instance - some of us can get Stone beers and those on the east coast can't so that would be a nice addition to the package. So it isn't limited to just the local micro brews, but if you have some really good local stuff that is a nice addition as well.