• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BIF - The CigarPass Inaugural Beer It Foward Pass

I agree David, each package was awesome so picking a winner couldn't have been easy.

Well folks, I have heard from all of you. I will go tally the votes and the person with the most votes will be asked to leave the island immediately, errrrr will get more free beer! :laugh: I'll be back later this afternoon to announce.

Well???
Please be me... Please be me... Plea... ;)
The anticipation is killin' us bro!!!

Guys - I want to thank all of you for taking part in this, the Inaugural CigarPass Beer It Forward. You guys sent some fantastic beers all over the country, and kept things running smooth which is a testimate to the great group we had involved. I plan to do this again in 2008, if there is enough demand possibly sometime early next year before it gets too hot.

The voting was extremely close, the winner received 5 votes and the runner up received 4.

So now, without any further ado, the winner is Aventinus!!! He sent an awesome package to Jonesy which I think we were all drooling over. Pete, congratulations, very well done. Your prize will be going out first thing Monday morning.

Got the package from Aventinus today and all I can say is WOW!!! Thanks for the incredible selection of beers Pete, can't wait to try them! Here they are...

beer.jpg

From left to right

Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot 2004 vintage
Schlafly Oak Aged Barley Wine
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
Aventinus 2002 vintage
JW Lees Harvest Ale (matured in Lagavulin casks)

Congrats Pete!

If you have any more of that aged Aventinus you're looking to get rid of, let me know! :laugh:

Guys - I want to thank all of you for taking part in this, the Inaugural CigarPass Beer It Forward. You guys sent some fantastic beers all over the country, and kept things running smooth which is a testimate to the great group we had involved. I plan to do this again in 2008, if there is enough demand possibly sometime early next year before it gets too hot.

The voting was extremely close, the winner received 5 votes and the runner up received 4.

So now, without any further ado, the winner is Aventinus!!! He sent an awesome package to Jonesy which I think we were all drooling over. Pete, congratulations, very well done. Your prize will be going out first thing Monday morning.
Sweet! I'm honored to be chosen. It's a testament to how good Lukas Liquors is in Kansas City. There were a couple of beers from my personal stash, but the others I picked up there. They have an amazing selection and don't treat the beer like second fiddle to wine or spirits. They have weekly beer tastings and bring in brewers for special tastings. If you are ever in KC, it's a must visit.

I like beers from all over the world, and I tried to include a variety of styles. Count me in for 2008!

Alright Pete, here is your tracking number. Enjoy!

Aventinus: FedEx 760841410000168

And since it was so close this is for the runner up.. :whistling:

Runner Up: FedEx 760841410000151

Great Stuff. I really enjoyed this I can't wait for next yr.

Amazing, I too look forward to doing this again next year.

Nate

I talked to Jonas, and he gave me his seal of approval, so I thought I'd round out this pass with a little contest for those involved in the pass.

Whoever post the best review of one of the beers they received in the pass will get a nice little package of beer from me. "Best" is completely subjective and I will decide which one wins, so now whining. :D

Contest ends Saturday, November 3rd at 8 PM MST.

I talked to Jonas, and he gave me his seal of approval, so I thought I'd round out this pass with a little contest for those involved in the pass.

Whoever post the best review of one of the beers they received in the pass will get a nice little package of beer from me. "Best" is completely subjective and I will decide which one wins, so now whining. :D

Contest ends Saturday, November 3rd at 8 PM MST.
Very nice bro... well done!!!
I'll have to see if I can put a lil' somethin' together...

SMOKE FROM THE OAK (Rum barrel)

I received this bottle from Rob in this pass so I felt it fit to review it here as well. As with most of my beers, they are enjoyed better with friends a good cigar. This one was no exception. Typically on Friday's KeithS and I will get together for a mini-herf and last night Daryl joined us as well.

DSCF0301.jpg

I poured a few glasses and noticed a medium brown VERY thick head (reminded me of a root beer float). The nose on it was of chocolate, molasses , and light rum.
The first taste was what I had smelled, but a little more; as this is not a typical beer, it borders on the alcohol / wine side. With a distinct taste of raisins, chocolate, molasses, with a light taste of rum on the finish.

DSCF0297.jpg

This was chilled about an hour and a half before opening, only to find out that was too long. As this beer REALLY exploded with flavor after about a half hour after the pouring. The head remained thick for a long time, with heavy lacing left behind. The carbonation was light but remained constant throughout.

DSCF0303.jpg

This is one of those beers (like a Barley wine, DL, etc) that is best shared because you are left satisfied after one glass. The aging in the Rum barrels really improve this beer. I definetly enjoyed it as well as Keith and Daryl. Hopefully this won't be my last bottle.

Oh BTW that was a 601 Oscuro that I was smoking with it.

Great review and pics Tim. Glad you chose this particular beer as I was curious to see what it was like. Sounds like it was a rich sipper.