• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big stink about Shuji

ivan37 said:
Regardless, no one is discussing the topic of this thread anyway. If you want to continue to discuss about people who joined Shuji's site, then start a new thread. If you want to discuss creating rules, start a new thread. If you want to talk about the lotto, then talk about it in the lotto thread. etc, etc...
Big stink is clearly in the topic!

Well,

I'm the one who started this post and also am one of those who went to the new site and participated. I need to add my .02 worth since this thread started.

Timeline for me so far:
2-2-04 - Post started with only limited knowledge of any trouble here, only with Triple_D's pass that I was in.

2-2-04 - Joined the new site.

2-2-04 - This thread closed.

2-4-04 - Entered into their first lottery.

2-7-04 - This post re-opened, and then all dealings and wrong doings were brought into the light.

2-8-04 - Asked the admin at their site to remove my account, removed myself from their lottery after stating Ellman would receive his winnings.

I, like a few other people stood up for Shuji because I have been through that situation before and know just how it can tear you apart. I truly believed it was just a matter of a few more days that he needed to get back on his feet. I was not aware of the other things going on to the other members here.

After finding these things out, I do not want to associate over on that board, and I hope that I have not offended anyone here for my slight misjudgment. I do not feel that I turned my back on any member here and hope no one else feels that way.

This board is awesome and I have learned a lot in my short time that I have been a member. I know that I still have quite a lot more to learn.

if you want to say something else in this thread, go ahead! Many threads in this forum stray off topic. That's one of the things that make this so much darned fun. But honestly, I just read a bunch of people that are bashing a buddy screwer or trying to defend being screwed. There's a little wandering, but most is still fairly well within topic.
IMHO
Welcome to public (moderated) forums folks.

I just think there's a whole lot going on that could be much better addressed in separate threads. There's one page about Shuji, then one page about creating some rules, then a page on joining Shuji's site, then a couple pages about the lotto, then a page on Shuji, then a page on joining Shuji's site, etc. Not easy to reference what someone said 5 pages ago when the subject has swayed 6x since then.

Whatever though - if you guys want to throw it all together that's fine.

Ivan... great picture!! Looks a little bit like The Beast. :sign:

Geldor.. no one can blame you for wanting to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I think that in almost all circumstances everyone that participates here, new or old, would want to do the same thing. But, we also watch out for each other and now that you have the whole picture I think you understand why some of us do not appreciate others standing behind someone who is known to have wronged someone else who is a member her. That goes for whatever the circumstances may be.

Muley... you are correct. Everything is related here and the thread should be kept open. Need to make my list and add to it, if need be. :p :D :thumbs:

geldor1 said:
After finding these things out, I do not want to associate over on that board, and I hope that I have not offended anyone here for my slight misjudgment. I do not feel that I turned my back on any member here and hope no one else feels that way.

This board is awesome and I have learned a lot in my short time that I have been a member. I know that I still have quite a lot more to learn.
With that being said I'll have to ditch the La finca's I was going to send you (big lotto winner) and find something more appropriate :p :thumbs: glad you came to your senses

Shuji said:
You guys do not know everything that was going on with my life. It is not important for you to know it, because excuses should not be allowed. I wouldn't allow myself excuses either. Just like my wife, who left me while she was off her meds, I have to be held responsible for my actions no matter what was going on at the time those actions happened.
Fair enough, Shuji. While I don't condone or agree with what you did, I do appreciate that you've stood up, explained yourself, and more importantly, have made good on your promise of sending out what you owed various people.

Everyone encounters adversity in their life, it is how they deal with it that defines their character. You had a shaky start, but I'm glad you made good on it, and assuming everyone gets what was owed them, I hold no grudge against you.

I'll admit that I'll be leery to trade/pass with you, but I think that's normal -- I'd still give you a shot at it.

I haven't been on this site that long, and though I hope I "get it" I also haven't had any bad dealings with anyone, so perhaps I'm not jaded yet. I don't begrudge anyone who will never forgive Shuji, I'm just inclined to forgive/forget, and chalk it up to irresponsibility and a tough situation in his life, not any nefarious intent.

Fair enough.

So now that you know the particulars I'm curious as to what your opinion is?

I am hugely disappointed with Shuji's irresponsibility towards the members here particularly with TripleD's pass.

I support Rod's decision to ban him from this site and hope that Charlie can work out his problems to such a point where Rod may allow him to participate here in the future. On that front, the ball in entirely in Charlie's court.

I hope that Charlie fulfills ALL of his obligations to members of this board.

I know Charlie a little better than many of you here as we have traded PM's over the past few months but I am very uncomfortable about his actions here and will ask that my account at his site be closed.

ivan37 said:
Secondly, IMO this thread needs to be closed for good.
Wrong :angry:

IMO this thread should stay open. I think I was the first bonehead that didn't raise a flag that "all is not right". Sure I listed the status of payment received in my box split but here we are NINE weeks down the road. Several others are having issues and maybe I could have helped one or two BOTL by saying something :( To those BOTL I am sorry. Those who have not had this problem please read and learn from my mistake.

This thread is not about "flaming" people, it's about a problem that EVERYONE should be aware of! Again, IMO.

Brent

geldor1 your response is what I would like to see from a few others too. You have made a statement for the wiser!

Sorry but I started a new job this week

Well I for one am SO relieved CC has finally gotten another job. I was starting to get worried that he was joining the welfare society and becoming a drain on our countries resources. :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

LMAO @ Gibu!!

Well geeeeeeez, my Unemployment ran out so I HAD to do something. :D

Your worst fears were indeed realized, I took the FULL benefit, 26 weeks.

Oh and when this temporary job ends in May, I'll be eligible for ANOTHER 26 weeks.

Gibu sez "You sleaze CC"

:sign:

moki said:
I don't begrudge anyone who will never forgive Shuji, I'm just inclined to forgive/forget, and chalk it up to irresponsibility and a tough situation in his life, not any nefarious intent.
To forgive is human....................

To forget would be very foolish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like most people have stated, we don't care if any one person signed up for his site. But I think it is in poor taste and judgement to participate in anything that he would benefit from, for example lotto's, passes, and trades. Notice how he didn't say anything about making right to the people over at the cigar lottery site. I joined to warn the people in his lotto about his inability to make good on his end. Once I looked at the names I realized it was primarily made up of CP'ers. That is why I called them out for it here.
I think this thread should stay open as long as it doesnt break down to ugly flames. While it is hard to stay on any one topic, it provides for the free flow of ideas and communication, which is also good. Sure it will spawn other threads that should be on topic. Just my $.02

Emo

It's threads like this that help establish and publicize the mores of the group. This has been painful, but educational and cathartic. The only reason to close the thread would be because it is getting too long, and if it is closed, a part 2 thread should be started.

This thread WILL remain open as long as Rod us mods see fit.

Some of you guys have made steps in the right direction, but I will say that personal problems, or not......Shuji won't be welcome here again. That isn't the way it works! He had plenty of time to say what he posted on this thread, he should have done it weeks ago!

Shuji= Pariah

Also, if that's a problem for anyone, you know where the door is! ;)

I broused through his site today and it's interesting that some members over there haven't yet spoken on this thread.....

I wonder why? ???

JOE.M. said:
First I think you should have some thing to contribute to this site, weather it be a newbie {or FOG} asking questions, or a newbie {or FOG} with answers to help. Personally I think there are too many guys who are just full of it! Lumberg & 4aces for example.
First of all I would like to say I was too strident in my defense of Shuji. He doesn't personally owe me anything so who am I to talk? (That is a rhetorical question)

Second of all I DO contribute. I review cigars, organize box splits, ask and answer cigar related questions. Not always correctly.