• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bill’s best years for Cuban cigars

What a wealth of knowledge, I have so much to learn. Bill and all who contribute to this I thank you.

2020 has been incredible. I believe Bill said that the "bad" cigars can start to be expected with the late 2022/2023 boxes, as everything being released now was already harvested before the hurricanes. IIRC (and I could be way off), the storms will have stripped the soil for the next rotation or two, resulting in sub-par crops. I'll let @CigSid correct me.
You are right on brother!

This thread continues to provide some awesome reading/learning. It's funny that only Cuban cigars are studied in such depth, nobody ever talks about the effect that hurricanes will have on non-cigars 2-4 years out.

Thanks Bill @CigSid

This has changed for me recently, after smoking more recent years, from 2008 to 2020....

There have been discussions on the Virtual Herfs, so I will pass them along here.

Remember, there are one-offs for every box code, that might be exceptional, or horrible, these are the years and the codes that I believe are the best overall:

Box Codes

1. 2014 LUB, MUL, EML, ULA, ARG, MUO, LUA, OME, EAG, BUM
  2. 2008 MEL, EMA, SMG, TEB, BRC, SOA
  3. 2004 MKO, JNL, EAR
  4. 2020 RAT, LTO (La Corona), BSM, TUA, LGB (Partagas), SOU, OER and MAR (El Laguito)
  5. 2013 OEB, ALT, BMU, PMS, POU, BTO, LUB, MUR, ESO (BCG’s and PSD4’s) TOU, TUO
  6. 2019 MSU, MOL, ATE, UEB, EOS, LGR, GEM, MUP(Best brands: JL1 and 2, Epi 2’s, Mag 46, Upmann 2’s, RASS and Fundadores.)
  7. 2012 BTO, SMO, UPE
  8. 2006 POS, ROA, TBS, PLM, STL
  9. 2018 REG, BUP, UGO, LGR (CoRo, PSD4’s, Part E2’s, LGR PLPC’s)
  10. 2010 TEU, OPA
  11. 2015 PUO, TOS, TOR, RAE, MUO, EML, AMU, AMO, SOM Monty 2's with ARG, any Partagas with TOS.
  12. 2016 AMO, AMU, MEG,, ETP, SOM, TOS, TOR, SUM (any LE’s with SEA) BBF (TOR)
  13. 2009 LBT, MUA, LRE (Partagas factory)
  14. 2003 KMM, CLE
  15. 2007 OBE, EMA, POS, TEB, MEL
  16. 2017 REG, TEO, MSA (if you can find HU Mag 46 with an MSA box code, or any HU’s with the TEO box code, grab them)
  17. 2005 SVF, PFY, FIN
  18. 2011 URG, TEU, MES
  19. 2002 KNN, SST
I added a few box codes that have been really good, and exceptional (in bold)

Discuss?
What about 2021? Specifically AMP box code? Can’t seem to find anything on it anywhere in my search. @CigSid

Even though 2006 should be higher and he clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Even though 2006 should be higher and he clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
Lmao...I'm not that high up on 2006 as a whole too. However there are some exceptions found in some boxes from ROA, PLM, POS, STL, OEB. ROA 06 Mag 46 and POS 06 QDO Gran Coronas probably being the highlights for me.

Lmao...I'm not that high up on 2006 as a whole too. However there are some exceptions found in some boxes from ROA, PLM, POS, STL, OEB. ROA 06 Mag 46 and POS 06 QDO Gran Coronas probably being the highlights for me.
Got any POS you want to sell?? 😎 💵 💰 💷
ETA: Maybe you should post a re-introduction so I know who’s balls I’m busting. 😂

Got any POS you want to sell?? 😎 💵 💰 💷
ETA: Maybe you should post a re-introduction so I know who’s balls I’m busting. 😂
You made me remember the greatness of POS 06 RASS 50 cabs...total fruit bombs and 2nd only to the GKI 04 cabs for me. Outside of really, really vintage RASS I mean.

Thought I would post up some POS 06 love for you @jfields! One of my favorites with the QDO Grande Coronasreceived_446020395777324.jpeg received_446554869057210.jpeg

You made me remember the greatness of POS 06 RASS 50 cabs...total fruit bombs and 2nd only to the GKI 04 cabs for me. Outside of really, really vintage RASS I mean.

Thought I would post up some POS 06 love for you @jfields! One of my favorites with the QDO Grande CoronasView attachment 48589 View attachment 48588
Oh my!!! Those look amazing! I would take a box of those off your hands in a heartbeat Anthony! 😮😍😍

Oh my!!! Those look amazing! I would take a box of those off your hands in a heartbeat Anthony! 😮😍😍
I'll have to keep that in mind! Bill has sweet talked me out of enough of my personal stash 2006 boxes for this month lmao.

Why in gods name did they have to discontinue this cigar along with so many others