• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review - Pay It Forward

Blue Dragon

Can't Re-Member
Welcome to the Blind Cigar Review - Pay it Forward!

Here is where you can participate in a PIF and start honing your cigar reviewing skills all at once. :thumbs:

The concept is simple, for each part of the PIF at least three cigars will be sent to the next recipient, one of which will be unbanded, and of the other two at least one will be a classy stick. In this context, classy means a good stick that you would really like to smoke of at a minimum of $5 in value. Along with the unbanded stick, please send the band hidden (like wrapped in paper), so the reviewer can see what cigar s/he just reviewed after the review process is over.

This thread will be only for the purpose of stating you would like to be the next recipient of the BCR PIF, to state what two (or more) cigars were sent to you, to ask who would like to be next, DC numbers, etc. Basically anything relating to the PIF part of this process. This is NOT where you post your review, you can do that in the Cigar Review Forum in the thread: Blind Cigar Reviews. Please only sign up for this PIF if you have the ability to perform the review within about a week of receiving your BCR PIF.

After you have recieved your PIF, please list the cigars you received here. You can describe the unbanded cigar if you would like, but don't spoil the suprise and look at the band yet. :) You have 24 hours from the time of receipt of your PIF to ask who would like to be next. Once someone has accepted, please send out your PIF in a timely fashion (a day or two). Then please review your cigar within the following week and post that review here.

Please do not participate in the BCR PIF for at least two weeks after you have sent out your PIF so lots of people can get a chance to try their hand at a review. :thumbs:

Ginseng has been kind enought to be the first guinea pig. :thumbs:

DC# will follow in the morning.

*edit to add:

Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7497 7893 3323

What a fun concept! I look forward to getting this kicked off. This is a great way to build up some reviews and help folks sharpen their skills.

Thanks for putting it all together and overseeing it, Cory.

Wilkey

Great idea! I'd like to play after Wilkey unless he has someone else in mind.

This thread will be only for the purpose of stating you would like to be the next recipient of the BCR PIF...

Sorry I misunderstood, I'll bow out but the above is why I posted what I did. Good luck to the next player, whomever he or she is...

Tigger, I think you're ok to participate. BlueDragon will rule on it but I think you're fine. I don't think I need to ok the next guy...it's just a PIF so once you say "gimme" you're up.

Wilkey

Tigger, I think you're ok to participate. BlueDragon will rule on it but I think you're fine. I don't think I need to ok the next guy...it's just a PIF so once you say "gimme" you're up.

Wilkey
You have 24 hours from the time of receipt of your PIF to ask who would like to be next.

???
Brian

Wilkey
Just to help with confusion, I would like to see it happen that person A gets PIF, person A posts receipt/contents/etc. and pops the question, then person B is the first to say "Gimme" or whatever; then the cycle continues. It seems that will help with confusion of who is up next.

That being said, the first BCR PIF has been launched. It should hit Ginseng in about three days. I'm sure he could PM tigger to give him a heads up of when he is popping the question so he could have a better chance of catching Wilkey's load .... I guess I should clarify that this is supposed to be fun for both sender and recipient. So if you plan on sending a Moontrance as your blind taster, you better be also sending some rare cigar on the recipient's Wish List as condolences. ;)

I don't think a PM of preferential treatment should be common-place. This PIF is just getting off the ground and we are all trying to figure out how to make it succeed. :thumbs:

he could have a better chance of catching Wilkey's load ....

??? Interesting choice of words there! :laugh:

Also, I think it should now be a rule that the person who responds to said question should have to say "gimme" to receive the BCR PIF. Thanks for gettingt hings started guys. THis will be fun.

Brandon

And the PIF begins!

I received my review pack today and it contained:

1. Carlos Toraño Exodus 1959 Torpedo
2. Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.1 ABR05
3. Mystery Robusto! I would describe this for you but I just ate a quarter pound of Swissy's salmon spread on crackers and all I smell is smoked fish. :p

Ok, let's get down to business...

Who wants to review some smokes?
Note: the proper response will include the word "Gimme!"

Wilkey

And the PIF begins!

Wilkey

It should be stipulated that Wilkey cannot send any sticks from his *special* coolodore. :whistling: :D

And the PIF begins!

Wilkey

It should be stipulated that Wilkey cannot send any sticks from his *special* coolodore. :whistling: :D
Oh come on now, Chuck. Why spoil my fun. ;)

Wilkey
Whoo Hoo! And they're off! :thumbs:

No one wants to spoil your fun Wilkey. We don't want to scare the guy off CP just yet ... at least not for this. :whistling: ;)

Oh come on now, Chuck. Why spoil my fun. ;)

Wilkey
[/quote]
Whoo Hoo! And they're off! :thumbs:

No one wants to spoil your fun Wilkey. We don't want to scare the guy off CP just yet ... at least not for this. :whistling: ;)
[/quote]

I just have visions of Wilkey standing naked on top of his *special* coolodore with one of the inhabitants stuck in each nostril and laughing the most evil laugh ever heard. MMMMMMUUUUUUUUHHHHHAhahahahahahahahah.....

:p j/k

I contacted tigger today. I have his address and I will try to get his cigars out on Saturday but I can't promise. My left front brake rotor went out this morning and I will be under the car tomorrow morning swapping both fronts out. If I can get it done before noon I will hit the post office. If not, they'll go out first thing on Monday morning.

I hope that will be ok. My wife has been hit hard with the all-day morning sickness and is pretty tired. And my daughter caught something that has her stuffy and running even with meds so I've been up 2-3 times a night to turn her, give her nose drops, etc.

I can guarantee that tig will have a worthy stick to review. :D

Wilkey

Note: a set of front rotors for my WRX costs the equivalent of a 25-SLB of Upmann Mag46. :angry: