• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review Thread #2

Preciate that bud. Posting this between patients.

thanks to @bluue13 for this awesome experience. I always have fun doing these.

so, starting out, this thing smells awesome. I don’t get dusty barn or hay smell so wondering if this is a NC. It appears tightly wrapped with minimal veins. Good quality. View attachment 35196
snort: slightly sweet, some cocoa
Dry draw: loose, just like I like my wo....cigars, more cocoa, some leather
Drink: makers Mark neat and a large glass of water
1st 3rd: some pepper, slight cocoa, and some leather, like eating a delicious bowl of Cocoa Puffs out of your favorite leather recliner or leather face’s mask. Nice start. Medium to full in strength.
retro: mild pepper and some cream that coats your nose holes
View attachment 35197View attachment 35198
leaning more towards a NC. Cant really tell you why, just something about the taste. Watch me be wrong....it seems to be well constructed so thinking big names on this. We will see.

2nd third: pepper is completely gone, cream that coats the mouth, very light sweetness
Retro:sweet, slight pepper

medium strength now
View attachment 35199
this is the first review on the screened in back porch btw. Cant think of a better place to do it.
final third: still creamy, some leather with continued cream
Retro: more pepper, sweet

Med to full

total time : 1 hour 45 minute

guess: the sweetness along with flavor transitions was awesome. I’m thinking this has some age to it because of the slight leather I get off of it. However, I don’t think it’s too old, as the sweetness is overwhelming, so guessing 8 years or less. I’m going with an Arturo Fuentes. I was thinking more illusione or Oliva with the sweetness but the leather made me think more AF because the ones Jfields sent me had some leather on some of the older aged ones and a few had sweet notes as well. View attachment 35201View attachment 35200
well shit...lol. I got close! Really appreciate it Greg. It was fun to do this. Last year there was no way I could pull out flavors or make a guess at all so it is really cool to see that I’m starting to develop some kind of palate. Awesome cigar btw, I’m definitely looking into getting some more of these.
Nice review, Anything Illusione is a good stick!!!

That was a great review, Brad #1!! This looks like such a fun pass!! Wish I could have gotten in on this at some time. Luckily I get to enjoy the cigar by reading the review. I could almost taste and smell it while reading!

Excellent review. I'm nowhere near having the ability to pull this off. Great guess.

Mystery cigar from @Thoughts

Dry boxed for 1 week

Looks to be 50 gauge Robusto sized cigar

Firm to the touch

Beautiful triple cap

Slight tight draw, just how I like it.

Initial aroma... slight non-Cuban (like this was placed next to or in the vicinity of a NC cigar)

Slight sweet hay, and premium tobacco

Initial dry draw, distinctive non Cuban taste, but not bad...

A715FC4B-E187-407F-BD24-276A54FB63D3.jpeg

First lit draws:

A bit sharp of the taste buds, starts to settle in after 2 to 3 puffs

Initial thought, non Cuban, sharp twang, but with a nice candied aftertaste.

First third, very mild flavors, dry hay, just a bit of cardboard associated with non Cubans, (if this is Cuban, I will be embarrassed)

Wondering at this point, did he give me the box code to throw me off?

IF it was Cuban, there are so many robustos... PSD4, JL2, BRC, Epi 2, RASS... The closest (if you swore this was Cuban), would be a very fresh Partagas D4.

But, I am still in the 1st third, so let’s give it a bit more time.

Middle of 1st third, I get a bit of a change.The sharpness is subsiding, although it’s still up front, the dry hay is more pronounced

End of the 1st third... still thinking non Cuban, but not throw away bad at this point. The aftertaste of sour apples is starting to creep in (or is it my mind)

652EF952-A07B-4202-8E03-1F2666C2E22F.jpeg

Let’s keep going...

I clean my pallet with some Pellegrino and fresh lime juice.

So far, into the 2nd third, the burn is good, ample amounts of smoke.

As far as taste, there is not a lot there... I try to take several big puffs in a row, retroing a large amount, I’m getting slight hay, a bit of spice on the nose, and if I had pulled this out of my humidor, I would chunk it at this point... not because it is horrible, which it is not, but because the flavors are muted, to the point where I have to really concentrate on what I am tasting, and with my limited amount of time to smoke, I would just pull out an old faithful, 70’s to 80’s Cuban.... but, I am committed to play this out, and hope that the second half is better.

Halfway point, just a bit of apricots (Malik acid?), dry hay, and slight earthy (dirty) flavor.

Middle of 2nd third, I get a change... more flavors, not all bad.having to take big puffs to discern anything, but there is a bit of leather, dry hay, some grass, and my tongue is coated with a tart (fruit?) flavor.

At this point, if you had a gun to my head and told me this was Cuban, I would be leaning towards (a bad or sick) JL2

I decide to cut and purge.

C3997907-43C6-4DF7-B8FB-334EE236AD76.jpeg

Much easier draw, and tons of smoke...I have to take it easy, not to get it hot.

Halfway through the 2nd third, and it’s just about the same, but a bit more hay and some (stewed?) fruit on the retro. Still getting the sour taste on the tongue...

Into the final third... Flavors are still muted, but getting more of a fruity taste, flavors are better, getting some initial cotton candy, which was very nice, but disappeared quickly. Burn is excellent, no touchups required

Halfway through the final 3rd, still muted, getting some bitterness, which also makes me think the box code was bogus 😂

I decided to nub it, for the team, and I’m glad I did. The sharpness all but disappears, and the flavors of stewed fruit is more pronounced... more like a JL2 or RASS maybe (if it really is Cuban) still getting the sour taste of the tongue...

Then, just as soon as I was starting to enjoy it, the bitterness is back.

I struggle to finish the nub, although the flavors are again muted at this point, the coating on the tongue is a bit more pleasant... and even though there is not a lot of flavors, I get a bit of a nicotine rush and decide to call it a day...

395AD4A2-4DE2-4429-84AF-C977CE3E82BB.jpeg

My guess, before I open the envelope, is a non Cuban, however the stewed fruit would make me lean towards a JL2 or a RASS, if it turns out to be cuban...

And the answer is JL2!!

7A975142-B48C-45B0-A7F7-83E0118DF52B.jpeg

After reading your note Brad, I realized that I convinced myself that you were pulling one over on me, and that this was non-Cuban... IF I had known going before I smoked it, it was a JL2, I would have certainly enjoyed it much more...

This is a great example of the power of preconceived notions 😊

Thanks again for giving me this opportunity.

Dry boxed for 1 week

Firm to the touch

Beautiful triple cap

Initial aroma... slight non-Cuban (like this was placed next to or in the vicinity of a NC cigar)

View attachment 35670

First lit draws:

First third, very mild flavors, dry hay, just a bit of cardboard associated with non Cubans, (if this is Cuban, I will be embarrassed)

IF it was Cuban, there are so many robustos... PSD4, JL2, BRC, Epi 2, RASS... The closest (if you swore this was Cuban), would be a very fresh Partagas D4.

Middle of 1st third, I get a bit of a change.The sharpness is subsiding, although it’s still up front, the dry hay is more pronounced

End of the 1st third... still thinking non Cuban, but not throw away bad at this point. The aftertaste of sour apples is starting to creep in (or is it my mind)

View attachment 35671

Let’s keep going...

As far as taste, there is not a lot there... I try to take several big puffs in a row, retroing a large amount, I’m getting slight hay, a bit of spice on the nose, and if I had pulled this out of my humidor, I would chunk it at this point... not because it is horrible, which it is not, but because the flavors are muted, to the point where I have to really concentrate on what I am tasting, and with my limited amount of time to smoke, I would just pull out an old faithful, 70’s to 80’s Cuban.... but, I am committed to play this out, and hope that the second half is better.

Halfway point, just a bit of apricots (Malik acid?), dry hay, and slight earthy (dirty) flavor.

Middle of 2nd third, I get a change... more flavors, not all bad.having to take big puffs to discern anything, but there is a bit of leather, dry hay, some grass, and my tongue is coated with a tart (fruit?) flavor.

At this point, if you had a gun to my head and told me this was Cuban, I would be leaning towards (a bad or sick) JL2

View attachment 35672

Much easier draw, and tons of smoke...I have to take it easy, not to get it hot.

Halfway through the 2nd third, and it’s just about the same, but a bit more hay and some (stewed?) fruit on the retro. Still getting the sour taste on the tongue...

Into the final third... Flavors are still muted, but getting more of a fruity taste, flavors are better, getting some initial cotton candy, which was very nice, but disappeared quickly. Burn is excellent, no touchups required

Halfway through the final 3rd, still muted, getting some bitterness, which also makes me think the box code was bogus 😂

I decided to nub it, for the team, and I’m glad I did. The sharpness all but disappears, and the flavors of stewed fruit is more pronounced... more like a JL2 or RASS maybe (if it really is Cuban) still getting the sour taste of the tongue...

I struggle to finish the nub, although the flavors are again muted at this point, the coating on the tongue is a bit more pleasant... and even though there is not a lot of flavors, I get a bit of a nicotine rush and decide to call it a day...

View attachment 35673

My guess, before I open the envelope, is a non Cuban, however the stewed fruit would make me lean towards a JL2 or a RASS, if it turns out to be cuban...

And the answer is JL2!!

View attachment 35674

After reading your note Brad, I realized that I convinced myself that you were pulling one over on me, and that this was non-Cuban... IF I had known going before I smoked it, it was a JL2, I would have certainly enjoyed it much more...

This was awesome to read brother. It was fresh so I figured it wouldn't have a whole lot of flavors to it for ya, but was hoping that would throw you off the scent as well, lol.

Edit: Also so cool you honed in on the JL 2 mark too

Dry boxed for 1 week

Firm to the touch

Beautiful triple cap

View attachment 35670

First lit draws:

View attachment 35671

Let’s keep going...

View attachment 35672

View attachment 35673

And the answer is JL2!!

View attachment 35674

That was a fun read, thank you Bill.

No rules. Smoke em in any order and post a review I will reveal what they are. The one that’s labeled I think you might enjoy but let me know if you decide to smoke it