• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review Thread #2

First off for some reason my photos of this review cigar were so bad, not worth posting them, I guess I had accidentally turned on some kind of filter which messed them up...

48 gauge Belicosos

Construction is very nice, wrapper is very smooth with a beautiful reddish/medium brown color

Prelight I get some spice and a sweet smell

Dry Draw I get a lot of raisin

First couple of draws pepper, leather, cedar, coffee with something sweet on the finish, it reminds me a lot of the Rare Pink I just smoked a few days ago… Ash is a little wonky, it has split right down the middle and half of it has fallen off before I finish the 1st third… Right off the bat this is a very strong stick which leaves me thinking this is not a CC and is probably a NC or DC, I haven't smoked many CC's , but the ones I have , have not been this strong...

2nd third still a lot of spice and I am getting some earthiness as well, along with the same cedar, leather, coffee… Retro is peppery… I really have no idea as of right now because the size seems to be wrong size for anything I can think of, which include My Fathers “The Judge” or some of the Jamie Garcia Special Reserves… I am starting to think Hayden @H. Vachon has won this battle, because I do not think I have ever smoked this cigar before and it’s going to be a damn Gurkha, LOL, I hope not because I am all in on this cigar and I want to like it very much…

As I enter the final third I am light headed this thing is a powerhouse… Burn has been good and Ash is now perfect, profile hasn’t changed much, but have I said that this thing is FULL/FULL, Jesus!!! I need a sandwich to go with my smoke… I have heard LFD’s being this way, which might make sense at this point… Starting to get some nuttiness coming through which is nice, I am going to go out on a limb and say NO way my buddy Ben @modo22 would send me a Gurkha, so it’s probably something nice like an Ashton VSG or Davidoff? To be Honest I have NO clue?!?

All I know is it was a great smoke with a lot of power, could be one of the strongest cigars I have ever smoked, seriously… Since this is the game and I have to guess I still believe this is NOT a CC, but I have only smoked a handful, so what do I know… My guess is it is some boutique cigar that I probably don’t know, because of my lack of experience, like an Aging Room Small Batch or Alec Bradley Fine & Rare… I dare to say I would smoke more if you sent them to me.. I will go with the AB Fine & Rare, because you know I am an AB fan…

And the winner is?!?
BR3.jpg
Thank God it's NOT a GURKHA!!! Thank you @modo22 for sending me a great cigar to enjoy!!!

First off for some reason my photos of this review cigar were so bad, not worth posting them, I guess I had accidentally turned on some kind of filter which messed them up...

48 gauge Belicosos

Construction is very nice, wrapper is very smooth with a beautiful reddish/medium brown color

Prelight I get some spice and a sweet smell

Dry Draw I get a lot of raisin

First couple of draws pepper, leather, cedar, coffee with something sweet on the finish, it reminds me a lot of the Rare Pink I just smoked a few days ago… Ash is a little wonky, it has split right down the middle and half of it has fallen off before I finish the 1st third… Right off the bat this is a very strong stick which leaves me thinking this is not a CC and is probably a NC or DC, I haven't smoked many CC's , but the ones I have , have not been this strong...

2nd third still a lot of spice and I am getting some earthiness as well, along with the same cedar, leather, coffee… Retro is peppery… I really have no idea as of right now because the size seems to be wrong size for anything I can think of, which include My Fathers “The Judge” or some of the Jamie Garcia Special Reserves… I am starting to think Hayden @H. Vachon has won this battle, because I do not think I have ever smoked this cigar before and it’s going to be a damn Gurkha, LOL, I hope not because I am all in on this cigar and I want to like it very much…

As I enter the final third I am light headed this thing is a powerhouse… Burn has been good and Ash is now perfect, profile hasn’t changed much, but have I said that this thing is FULL/FULL, Jesus!!! I need a sandwich to go with my smoke… I have heard LFD’s being this way, which might make sense at this point… Starting to get some nuttiness coming through which is nice, I am going to go out on a limb and say NO way my buddy Ben @modo22 would send me a Gurkha, so it’s probably something nice like an Ashton VSG or Davidoff? To be Honest I have NO clue?!?

All I know is it was a great smoke with a lot of power, could be one of the strongest cigars I have ever smoked, seriously… Since this is the game and I have to guess I still believe this is NOT a CC, but I have only smoked a handful, so what do I know… My guess is it is some boutique cigar that I probably don’t know, because of my lack of experience, like an Aging Room Small Batch or Alec Bradley Fine & Rare… I dare to say I would smoke more if you sent them to me.. I will go with the AB Fine & Rare, because you know I am an AB fan…

And the winner is?!?
View attachment 38431
Thank God it's NOT a GURKHA!!! Thank you @modo22 for sending me a great cigar to enjoy!!!
Nice review Aaron, it was fun to walk through the steps you went through. Ben should have sent a sandwich in the box with that cigar!!!

Great review Aaron! I am so sorry I didn't send any beef jerky with it! I should have also told you I would have never sent a Ghurka so that you wouldn't even have that thought in your head! Fun to read your way through it and glad you survived.

Great review, and nice send by Ben! How were you feeling about an hour after you finished it, Aaron?

@Tall Paul sent me this beauty and I wish I could relive this all over again! Here is my review;
1.JPG
Cold draw and sniff test leads to some strong tobacco and the white pepper. Not sure if it is the cold weather, but the cold draw is not giving much up. Starts very mellow, not bad mellow, but nothing like the cold draw…again, I chalk that up to the cold. But I like the way it is starting, a lot of smoke with a nutty profile.

2.JPG
Through the 1st 1/3 and the burn is perfect with a dark grey ash that is holding together well. A lot of leather and woody profile to this 1/3 and the retro-hale very woody with a slight white peper undertone. I would say at this point I am certain it is a CC. I know its not a RASS and I don’t think it is a CORO, but maybe a Partagas or Monte? No idea yet but just guessing.

3.JPG
As I am getting close to the ½ point I am picking up a slight sweetness from a few draws, but not overpowering. The burn on one side is becoming uneven, but I’ll be damn it is correcting itself all on its own and evening back out!! The ash does not want to let go at all, but I don’t want to be surprised and wear it soon, so I have to let it go.

4.JPG
Getting past the ½ point, the warmth of this cigar picks up. Full creamy earth from each draw, while the strength picks up a little.
Holy balls this cigar is so good, one of the best I have smoked in a long time! The final 1/3 is very nice! Still getting heavy earthy taste profile but with more notes of sweet cream. A lot of smoke still with each draw and the draw has remained perfect the whole way through. Not a normal CC in my rotation, but one I would like to buy in the future. Still leaning towards a Partagas as I have enjoyed some of them this summer, but have not smoked many of the No.# series so I am guessing that’s why I can not place it? I hope I am wrong, because I could see myself buying a box right when I get done smoking ;)

Getting to nub this has been a nice start to my Sunday Paul, Thank you! I need a dedicated nub tool so I don’t have to “dirty” my perfecdraw. And now for the reveal….. And I WAS WAY off!

5.JPG
Boli short Boli 2008 Exclusivo Asia Pacifico.
Incredible cigar Paul and so amazing for you to share this with me! This is unlike any Boli I have smoked before, from the retro-hale to the ash, it was different! I am honored and I can’t thank you enough. I am kind of glad I can’t find these now as I would have bought a box asap!

@Tall Paul sent me this beauty and I wish I could relive this all over again! Here is my review;
View attachment 38570
Cold draw and sniff test leads to some strong tobacco and the white pepper. Not sure if it is the cold weather, but the cold draw is not giving much up. Starts very mellow, not bad mellow, but nothing like the cold draw…again, I chalk that up to the cold. But I like the way it is starting, a lot of smoke with a nutty profile.

View attachment 38571
Through the 1st 1/3 and the burn is perfect with a dark grey ash that is holding together well. A lot of leather and woody profile to this 1/3 and the retro-hale very woody with a slight white peper undertone. I would say at this point I am certain it is a CC. I know its not a RASS and I don’t think it is a CORO, but maybe a Partagas or Monte? No idea yet but just guessing.

View attachment 38572
As I am getting close to the ½ point I am picking up a slight sweetness from a few draws, but not overpowering. The burn on one side is becoming uneven, but I’ll be damn it is correcting itself all on its own and evening back out!! The ash does not want to let go at all, but I don’t want to be surprised and wear it soon, so I have to let it go.

View attachment 38573
Getting past the ½ point, the warmth of this cigar picks up. Full creamy earth from each draw, while the strength picks up a little.
Holy balls this cigar is so good, one of the best I have smoked in a long time! The final 1/3 is very nice! Still getting heavy earthy taste profile but with more notes of sweet cream. A lot of smoke still with each draw and the draw has remained perfect the whole way through. Not a normal CC in my rotation, but one I would like to buy in the future. Still leaning towards a Partagas as I have enjoyed some of them this summer, but have not smoked many of the No.# series so I am guessing that’s why I can not place it? I hope I am wrong, because I could see myself buying a box right when I get done smoking ;)

Getting to nub this has been a nice start to my Sunday Paul, Thank you! I need a dedicated nub tool so I don’t have to “dirty” my perfecdraw. And now for the reveal….. And I WAS WAY off!

View attachment 38574
Incredible cigar Paul and so amazing for you to share this with me! This is unlike any Boli I have smoked before, from the retro-hale to the ash, it was different! I am honored and I can’t thank you enough. I am kind of glad I can’t find these now as I would have bought a box asap!
Great review, and great cigar!!

View attachment 38570

View attachment 38571

View attachment 38572

View attachment 38573

View attachment 38574
I’m very glad you enjoyed it! They have gotten so good over the years!

View attachment 38570

View attachment 38571

View attachment 38572

View attachment 38573

View attachment 38574
Great review Ben!!!

Received the blind stick from @TexasTraveler. Here is my review and guess
Pairing - Butter Toffee Coffee (only had 3 drinks because I loved the stick so much)
Haven't eaten in 6+ hours

2B1C5FB8-3B4F-4420-92BF-E9CC2C672D99.jpeg
18187C9F-26A2-4EE0-BD75-98F63D6DED8A.jpeg

Prelight:
Hay, Grass, Golden leather, oak

Initial impression: Cuban, 3 cap top, smell and tongue give me a guess of JL, Monte, or Romeo?
DCCE6AA4-5510-4002-889A-C058372F4497.jpeg
122D4A34-53A8-4675-8B7F-826A07D326B7.jpeg
FDC53057-EEFF-4E8E-B168-15A32B4389A4.jpeg

First 3rd - Clean salty retro, Blonde roast coffee. Either this has age on it or its on Bills MUST SMOKE NOW list. Very clean flavor, strange wrapper. It's not leathery at all, it's almost silky.

Second 3rd - Cream, salt and pepper, light brown sugar, almonds
4A889400-70DD-484A-8BE6-428B7FB84F60.jpeg

Final 3rd - White pepper, almond,
Recut to take the numbness away - Creamy, Cumin, pepper, almond
7F7C5390-3418-4A82-B850-00F3220879E9.jpeg

This stick was amazing, no touch ups. 10 minutes after finishing I was feeling this cigar. At this point I am questing the strength. Maybe I am way off base and this is an NC??
1F24749E-F9CA-4CCC-97B8-14BB5D6D5C4F.jpeg

Guess: RYJ Cazadores, Monte 3 Partagas Corones Gorda Anejado's
Final guess: Partagas Corones Gorda Anejado

Answer: Fuente Fuente Opus X 20th Anniversary Father and Son
I am shocked.. The strength made me question everything and with good reason.. Thank you so much for this experience @TexasTraveler. I was WAY off base but man was that a great smoke. I've never had one of those.
8E64426C-607C-4763-9F57-56BAA21E6017.jpeg

Last edited:
Received the blind stick from @TexasTraveler. Here is my review and guess
Pairing - Butter Toffee Coffee (only had 3 drinks because I loved the stick so much)
Haven't eaten in 6+ hours

Prelight:
Hay, Grass, Golden leather, oak

Initial impression: Cuban, 3 cap top, smell and tongue give me a guess of JL, Monte, or Romeo?

First 3rd - Clean salty retro, Blonde roast coffee. Either this has age on it or its on Bills MUST SMOKE NOW list. Very clean flavor, strange wrapper. It's not leathery at all, it's almost silky.

Second 3rd - Cream, salt and pepper, light brown sugar, almonds

Final 3rd - White pepper, almond,
Recut to take the numbness away - Creamy, Cumin, pepper, almond

This stick was amazing, no touch ups. 10 minutes after finishing I was feeling this cigar. At this point I am questing the strength. Maybe I am way off base and this is an NC??

Guess: RYJ Cazadores, Monte 3 Partagas Corones Gorda Anejado's
Final guess: Partagas Corones Gorda Anejado

** I will update with pictures shortly **
Loved it!!