• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Review II

CPUserName: Shadow
CigarNumber: Cigar Number 1
Appearance: Good
Construction: Good
Burn: Even
Problems: None Found
AshColor: Light Grey
AshStructure: Typical
Draw: Perfect
Aroma: Good
Smoked_To: Past the Band
Strength: Medium
Recommended: Yes
Scale: Good Cigar
Class: Premium
Date: Saturday May 08, 2004
Time: 11:01 PM

AppearanceNotes

5X42 cigar with no veins. Silky feel between the fingers.

ConstructionNotes

Solid construction with no soft spots.

TasteNotes

Medium-Full flavored. Unfortunately I was just getting over a case of bronchitis when I smoked this cigar so the flavor might have better than what I detected.

OverallNotes

Good cigar with a straight burn. Very straight forward flavor.

CPUserName: Triple_D
Appearance: Outstanding
Construction: Outstanding
AshColor: Dark Grey
Draw: Tight
Aroma: Good
Smoked_To: Past the Band
Strength: Medium
Recommended: Yes
Scale: Good Cigar
Class: Premium
Date: Sunday May 09, 2004
Time: 03:15 PM

AppearanceNotes

Dark oily wrapper. Very well made. Not too veiny.

ConstructionNotes

Firm roll. Very uniform. Great contruction.

TasteNotes

Nice smooth Medium to full bodied smoke. Good flavor, gives a slight buzz leading into a fuller body.

OverallNotes

Very nice stick. I would say in the $4 to $5 range. Good taste, great construction. A nice daily smoke.

CPUserName: dixieland_conjunction
Appearance: Good
Construction: Good
AshColor: Light Grey
Draw: Plugged
Aroma: Rank!
Smoked_To: Less than Half Smoked
Strength: It Knocked My Socks Off!
Recommended: No
Scale: Dog Rocket!
Class: Regular
Date: Sunday May 09, 2004
Time: 06:32 PM

AppearanceNotes

A little spotted, but might even have a little plume.

ConstructionNotes

Looks like a good triple cap. One medium-sized vien.

TasteNotes

This is in the bottom five worst cigars I've ever had in my life. Acrid; sour; nasty. I actually puckerd from the sourness - seriously.

OverallNotes

I think I stated many uncontralable explitaves unpon comsuming my first draw. I like to smoke at least a third of something before I draw my conclusions, but I'd have chopped up an LP a smoked it. I hope this is not foreshaddowing.

The first cigar smoked for this review was a Island Monte #4 from 11/03
I litterally allmost said that :0 It just measured slightly smaller in ring than a Monte4. I should have popped the calipers on it. :p

Great smoke anyway, Thanks Kenny :thumbs:

Very interesting. I really enjoyed this smoke. I thought it was a Diplomaticos. Guess I was close. :D

Review submitted. I didn't know Kenny had started putting up the reviews yet. I didn't read any so I don't guess it really matters. Today was the deadline wasn't it?

Allofus123 said:
This is in the bottom five worst cigars I've ever had in my life. Acrid; sour; nasty. I actually puckerd from the sourness - seriously.

OverallNotes

I think I stated many uncontralable explitaves unpon comsuming my first draw. I like to smoke at least a third of something before I draw my conclusions, but I'd have chopped up an LP a smoked it. I hope this is not foreshaddowing.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. The particular smoke I had was one of the most disgusting cigars I've had in a very long time. I've had Monte #4's before, and there just had to be something wrong with some of these cigars... damn Cuban inconsistency -- it literally took two other cigars to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

It was horrible.

Man there is no way Moki and I were smoking the same thing as everyone else :). I've had many Monte #4's and this was nothing like any of them. I don't think anyone would have liked the one I had - it wasn't a preference thing. That would be like not finishing a glass of rotten milk and thinking it was a preference issue.

Thanks for the smoke regardless :thumbs:

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
Thanks for the smoke regardless :thumbs:
Thanks??? I was about ready to fly down to Texas and smack him around. :)

I also have had many Monte #4's..matter-o-fact, I busted my cherry on a Monte4. It was tighter than a Clydesdale humping a shetland. This one, however was very soft/loosley rolled from stem to stern. Interesting diversity on the reviews. :)

Thanks Kenny,
Mark

Given the taste, I'm not surprised it was a Monte #4. However, with the veiny and rough wrapper, I was guessing it might've been a Bolivar. The few #4s that I've smoked before (and that I currently have in stock) are all flawless in appearance. Looks like the saying holds true... can't judge a cigar by its wrapper. :D

I was away on business and didn't send in my review until today. I did send it in without looking at the posts showing the secret.

Ok that's it. No more guessing brands for me. :( At least I got the young part right. :thumbs: Thanks for letting me play Kenny, it's loads of fun and very educational. :0

Did the inconsistancies in the cigars show up in a visual exam while in the box or did they all look the same? If Moki shows up down there to smack you around I know some guys down there that will help you out. :D

This one tasted like every other Monte 4, I've had, which is a pretty high number. Very typical young, Montecristo taste, in the one I smoked. Not one that I would grab for a special ocassion, but surely one that I would grab for as a daily smoke, though a bit of age on these would have helped.

I'm not surprised it was a Monte 4 - but quite surprised it was so young.

Goes to show that my bias towards larger cigars needs to be tested out. I've pretty much ignored any ISOM smaller than a robusto, and have gravitated towards the largest cigars I can find...

Well - I'm off to buy a box of #4's... ;)

Cheers,

- Edward

It was a great smoke. Something I wouldn't mind smoking daily.

#2 is gone..review submitted. Man this is fun :D

Thanks again bruddah :thumbs: