• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buena vistas at a steal!

Just opened all my boxes and no mold here.   They are however still very dry so its going to be a process before I can smoke these.

CBoukal said:
Just opened all my boxes and no mold here.   They are however still very dry so its going to be a process before I can smoke these.
I store them with the Fuentes around 68% RH.
Then overnight in the desktop and they open up fine and taste like well aged Dominicans.

CigarPage has them today only.
3 boxes for $39.99 or $49.99 depending on size

I've purchased 2 boxes of these back when this post first came up, and since then purchased 2 more boxes and 3 more today.

So far they haven't lasted long enough for me to know how they might age, if that's what you're asking, but I can tell you they're really good cigars and pretty much the cheapest of this quality you'll find.

I can only imagine Buena Vista is trying desperately to alleviate the former stock from while they were not in business and at the same time get their name back out there at the same time. I would expect to see either a new vitola sometime in the near future or prices to rise back to something resembling MSRP.

Either that or they're in the business of losing money, I guess.

All I know is I'll keep buying them as long as they keep selling them for this cheap.

I purchased 3 boxes originally. After two months sitting they have improved very well, so I'm going for the longer they rest the better they seem to get. Had one for breakfast this morning matter of fact.

I guess my question was; are these a good cigar, or are they just a good cigar for the price. I guess there is only one way to find out. I've spent $40 on dumber shit so I'll give it a go. Thanks for the responses.

I was given this cigar for my blind cigar review.  Check out the thread.  My take is it is good and better for the price.

oke&coke said:
I was given this cigar for my blind cigar review.  Check out the thread.  My take is it is good and better for the price.

if dry boxed for a day, the draw will open up for ya. ;)

emoshun said:

if dry boxed for a day, the draw will open up for ya. ;)

I don't doubt it.  We were pushing +90% humidity that day so it was amazing that it stood up as well as it did.

Lezanstar said:
I guess my question was; are these a good cigar, or are they just a good cigar for the price. I guess there is only one way to find out. I've spent $40 on dumber shit so I'll give it a go. Thanks for the responses.

I dont' think you'll be disappointed. They're pretty fantastic.

I initially bought a box from Famous Smoke about 2 years ago before they were ridiculously cheap. Smoked one ROTT and couldn't get through first third. Tight draw, little smoke production and overall very bland flavor profile. Thought I'd save the other 9 as yardgars or smokes to non cigar friends over for poker. About a year later I lit one on a whim and man what a difference. Draw still snug and not a ton of smoke but pretty damn good flavors to the point I snagged two more boxes and hid them from myself (not sure how well that will work)
Regardless, they do need some time but I can't think of a better value cigar.

Lezanstar said:
Use the search function and you'll find out!  

Bought a box of the coronas.  Good looking cigars but I've smoked 4 of them and the draw on each of them was terrible - even after dry-boxing.  What smoke actually made it thru the cigars was on the mild side and tasty.

SharpNJ said:
Bought a box of the coronas.  Good looking cigars but I've smoked 4 of them and the draw on each of them was terrible - even after dry-boxing.  What smoke actually made it thru the cigars was on the mild side and tasty.

Did you get the corona or the corona larga? I noticed this issue only with the corona larga but the regular coronas have had a perfect draw and I've smoked about 3 boxes of them already.