• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Built in Wall Humidor - First time project

The one that comes to mind is just one of those simple mechanisms where there's a thin piece of metal that's about an inch long, and when you turn the key it turns as well and fits into a slot routered into the side panel. If you router the channel just right, you'll have to have the door closed very tight for it to lock.

It is looking really good but now you have to think of where to put the second one as that will fill up in a heartbeat :)

Man that looks awesome. You guys are really inspirational here. I can't wait to build something. I am only 6 months in to this experience and I am already on my 3rd humi.

Haggy thanks for sharing and keep up the good work. :)
PJ

I was hoping to get some work done on the door today, but the cabinet guy that has been helping me didn't make it in today, so i guess I will have to wait another week for it to be done. I am excited about getting it done and I don't think i should outgrow it anytime too soon... cause I don't know if the wife would let me. :)

This looks awesome now stick it in the wall already so we can see what it really looks like.

I was hoping to get some work done on the door today, but the cabinet guy that has been helping me didn't make it in today, so i guess I will have to wait another week for it to be done. I am excited about getting it done and I don't think i should outgrow it anytime too soon... cause I don't know if the wife would let me. :)

If its not too late, I would increase shelf hold diameters to about 1 inch. Disregard if you have an air path behind the shelves.

I am working on building the front door. It will be wood framed and have a glass panel on the front of it for easy visibility. The magnets should come in tonight and I have the hinges. I am hoping to have everything put together and maybe get it installed this weekend. I cut the boards yesterday, the rest of my cabinets are hickory, so I am going with a hickory framed glass door.

As for the the depth of the shelves, if I recall correctly they are either 7 or 8 inches, I can't remember now, it has been too long. I do have room to add an inch to the back of the shelves and could add them at some point if needed. I have a little extra wood, I would just have to rip it down and glue it together.

Great work man, it looks awesome. I've been creeping your thread for a while, you're making great progress. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Cheers,
Zeek

Any update hagus? Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

My friend who works back in the cabinet area hurt his knee and wasn't able to come in to work for about three or four weeks. He made it in for a week and I have the door framed and mounted, but it isn't stained and it doesn't have the glass in it yet. I am going to try to work on installing the cabinet in the wall this week and then take the door off and back in to get it stained and the glass added to it. So.. hopefully by the end of the week I should have made some progress and by the end of next week. Not as fast as I would like to have it done, but hopefully it will get done soon though and I will get some more pics...

Well, I finally got some time last night and got the cabinet mounted in the wall. I will be getting the door stained early next week and then will be mounting the glass in it, so it should be ready to finish up by the middle or end of next week. I also need to work on making/getting matching trim to finish off around the cabinet.

Here are are a couple of pictures. I ended up moving the location a little bit from where I originally planned, but like where it is going to be. The missing drawers are currently in my cooler with some cigars in it to test size and bring up the humidity in it. I'll post some more pics once I get the door finished and trimmed out.

3598583573_bfc22f8aef.jpg

3599394504_27a542df2a.jpg

3599396418_cd8b4a0cda.jpg

3599400358_522259135f.jpg

Well, I finally got some time last night and got the cabinet mounted in the wall. I will be getting the door stained early next week and then will be mounting the glass in it, so it should be ready to finish up by the middle or end of next week. I also need to work on making/getting matching trim to finish off around the cabinet.

Here are are a couple of pictures. I ended up moving the location a little bit from where I originally planned, but like where it is going to be. The missing drawers are currently in my cooler with some cigars in it to test size and bring up the humidity in it. I'll post some more pics once I get the door finished and trimmed out.

3598583573_bfc22f8aef.jpg

3599394504_27a542df2a.jpg

3599396418_cd8b4a0cda.jpg

3599400358_522259135f.jpg
Changed your mind, and put on the other side I see looks good there. :thumbs: :cool:

Looking great there! I envy you folks who can build stuff like this, let alone even be allowed to have it. Another downfall of renting, and not owning. :( I can't wait to have my own house so I can build my walk in!

Changed your mind, and put on the other side I see looks good there. :thumbs: :cool:

Yeah.. it was going to look awkward if I didn't center it over the bar. If I did center it over the bar then it would have been a pain to try to get some of the top drawers out, even with my height. So, I moved it over to the other side. It's out of the way and there is still plenty of room there. Plus it addresses the concerns that many had about the height of the unit and the display part still looks good.

Hopefully get the door finished up early next week and start working on getting the humidity up!!

excellent idea and execution... did you end up using luan on the interior?? I'm thinking about converting a wooden filing box my dad built into a humidor and may line it with luan if I can't find the Spanish Cedar...

How's the luan stand up to the humidity?? any other woods that would be acceptable?

excellent idea and execution... did you end up using luan on the interior?? I'm thinking about converting a wooden filing box my dad built into a humidor and may line it with luan if I can't find the Spanish Cedar...

How's the luan stand up to the humidity?? any other woods that would be acceptable?

My conversion is lined with Luan and it holds humidity great.

Yeah.. it was going to look awkward if I didn't center it over the bar. If I did center it over the bar then it would have been a pain to try to get some of the top drawers out, even with my height. So, I moved it over to the other side. It's out of the way and there is still plenty of room there. Plus it addresses the concerns that many had about the height of the unit and the display part still looks good.

Hopefully get the door finished up early next week and start working on getting the humidity up!!

Looking mighty fine there. New location is infinitely better IMO. May I suggest hinging the door on the right side so you are not opening it into a corner (albeit a small corner).

Also, you may want to relocate that speaker so you don't disturb your sticks while they are getting their beauty rest. ;-)