• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buy Bitcoin

Discussing and yelling at those who disagree with you are totally different things. I'd be more than happy to discuss crypto. I've got some small holdings as I try to figure the whole thing out.

I think pushing disingenuous numbers to further a point, telling people they're stupid for trusting a monetary system that's been in place for over a hundred years, or replying to every question with snark and "do your own research into what I said" is probably the furthest thing from discussion.
Don't forget the ultimate, I can't actually answer your question, so I'll just insult you instead while answering nothing response:

In the famous words of Satoshi Nokamoto-,” if you don’t understand it, I don’t have time to explain it to you.”

Crypto is certainly risky. Take for example what happened to Luna a few months ago. A $100 coin dropped 99.9% to $0.00001 within hours. It was pegged to a stable coin which collapsed. Lots of people lost millions. Now they are trying to rebuild the coin. Just for the heck of it, let's watch this coin and see what happens.

Symbol: LUNC
Current price: $0.0001345
Link to live price: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/terra-luna/

Looks like perhaps we should add crypto to the small list of "touchy subjects" not to discuss at CP? 😁

@MilesMingusMonk Attention Fez Member #769 - please table this for discussion at the next board meeting. And be sure to bring your extra tall fez for this one...

Can’t we just promote T362¢ to be the moderator for the new crypto forum, and watch Kona’s blood pressure spike faster than crypto futures?

Yeah it’s just a passing phase.

Attachments

• 9B62D876-4841-4551-BEFB-1BE757FA4DBA.png
    9B62D876-4841-4551-BEFB-1BE757FA4DBA.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 13
I’m not sure how to respond.

I do enjoy talking about bitcoin. Life is so much better on the Bitcoin Standard I really don’t get upset these days.

Life is good. I’ve got more cigars than I could ever smoke. My family is healthy.

So,

buy bitcoin- it’s cheap!

I don’t really care about Bitcoin one way or another. But if a vendor or anyone came in advocating we buy something as regularly as Kona does, with as little real interaction as Kona has these days, we’d all be up their ass about it.

That being said, @CigarStone seems to be peddling his Penis-trophy-buttplugs in half the threads, and no one’s called him out on it either. It’s a softer gentler CigarPass, at least with regard to bitcoin and penis-trophy-buttplugs (though the latter seems neither soft nor gentle).

I guess my statement to both would be, ok, we get it, you’re enthusiastic about this product. You have advised everyone accordingly. But MOVE ON.

😁

Edit to clarify: That is, move on to talking about other things.

Last edited:
I don’t really care about Bitcoin one way or another. But if a vendor or anyone came in advocating we buy something as regularly as Kona does, with as little real interaction as Kona has these days, we’d all be up their ass about it.

That being said, @CigarStone seems to be peddling his Penis-trophy-buttplugs in half the threads, and no one’s called him out on it either. It’s a softer gentler CigarPass, at least with regard to bitcoin and penis-trophy-buttplugs (though the latter seems neither soft nor gentle).

I guess my statement to both would be, ok, we get it, you’re enthusiastic about this product. You have advised everyone accordingly. But MOVE ON.

😁

Edit to clarify: That is, move on to talking about other things.
I'm a little concerned that you think I am peddling butt plugs, but if you really want one, I'm sure they are readily available.😁

For that matter, the real thing is probably readily available and then you can get one to meet your exact specs.:cool:

There is just one pretty big difference. The internet is intangible, you can actually see the servers, you can call someone if it goes down, it is logical, and you can't lose money by investing in it.

Digital currency is vaporware.

No one said it's a passing phase. Not in the last couple pages at least. You've got no responses to any of the very real questions asked, so you just regurgitate the same talking points over and over.

I expect you'll drop off the board for a few days, then wash, rinse, repeat.

Don't see any reason why bitcoin wouldn't be here to stay. The question is where it goes from here. There is nothing tangible that makes me have conviction one way or another, and that's the problem. For me it's akin to gambling.

I see no evidence that bitcoin behaves as a hedge against anything; it behaves like any other high risk asset. If the economy tanks, it's safe bet bitcoin tanks too. I'd rather invest in equities where I think I can mitigate the risk to the downside. If I was 40 years younger I could see myself taking a small position in it (eggs/basket thingy). But I'm not, so when compared to other available investments, it's a no brainer.

Is it still a good time to invest in cryptos? It seems to be even riskier than before because of inflation and instability in the market. I want to invest, but all the currencies seem too volatile.
I am preparing to start investing next month. I’ve already read a ton of articles, including this one https://www.doughroller.net/investing/the-best-online-stock-trading-sites/. Of all the recommended platforms, eToro seems to be the one that I need because it’s possible to trade cryptos there. But what platform do you use and why? And what currency is the most reliable now?

Reported.
Its times like this when I miss the old CP when you could call a fucktard a fucktard. Oh well, he's still a fucktard.😁
Is it still a good time to invest in cryptos? It seems to be even riskier than before because of inflation and instability in the market. I want to invest, but all the currencies seem too volatile.
I am preparing to start investing next month. I’ve already read a ton of articles, including this one https://www.doughroller.net/investing/the-best-online-stock-trading-sites/. Of all the recommended platforms, eToro seems to be the one that I need because it’s possible to trade cryptos there. But what platform do you use and why? And what currency is the most reliable now?

Have had a few friends say they’ve been taking a beating lately. One was with FTX and lost his shirt. Money he says he never expects to see again. Anyone here seeing anything negative?

Down to 29$ from $100 last year , however none of it actually any of $ I put in , so it can sit there