• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Car stolen last night

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Woke up at around 3 AM this morning and heard rustling outside; heard a car engine start and a car door close... Didn't think much of it, even though the sound of the engine sounded very familiar. Went to leave for work at 6:20 AM and noticed my fiances car was gone. Some bastard stole it! Called the police and filled out a report immediately. She had several valuables in the trunk unfortunately.

Luckily the car had Lojack on it, so she called them to see how long it usually takes to recover a stolen car w/ Lojack. They said usually within a few hours. However they mentioned that for Lojack to work the Lojack battery needs to be replaced every 5 years. WTF, no one ever told her this when she had it installed! If you have Lojack on your car, make sure you have the battery replaced as needed. It's been on the car for around 7 years or so... At this point I'm starting to lose hope...

Around 10 AM the car was recovered by LA Co Sheriffs in East LA. Apparently it was involved in a pursuit. Unfortunately the car has been reported as "majorly stripped"; unsure about the valuables at this time. Waiting to hear from the detective. Luckily they caught the bastard! I hope he spills his guts and tells them about everyone involved. The car is currently at the impound yard waiting to be finger printed. Not sure if Lojack was at all involved in the recovery, can't wait to see if it was.

It's sad what society has come to. Living in a nice area, I never would have imagined something like this would happen right under my nose.

Edit to add: I have a newer model Camry which sits in the end of the driveway, oddly enough the doors were unlocked this morning when I got in it. I always make sure to lock the doors, always. I guess they also had a universal keyless entry device. They probably saw the alarm light flashing and didn't attempt to steal it.

That really sucks! I hope they catch everyone involved. As for the Lojack battery, it should have some kind of reminder that the battery needs changing

Damn, Rod. First the theft from your house and now this. I'd be looking to move, too. Buncha savages in this world...

I hope they get at least some of the stuff back.

Rod, really sorry to hear it.. Very glad no one was hurt.. Items can be replaced, lives can't..

Time to get the NYC crew over there with the knuckles & AK's

Jesus call the crew :)

Damn Rod that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

My LoJack installer told me to have maint run on it every 2 years. Just a little info for next time.

Damn Rod it looks like you have a "Doom Cloud" above you lately, wtf?

First the house and now this, Man I hope and pray it stops at this for you.

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Nothin' pisses ya' off more!! :angry:

I've had a couple of stereos ripped off but nothing major. The car repairs usually cost more than anything else.

I guess Cigar Lady gets a belated B-Day present. :p

Wish it was on better terms though.

Time to move away from Cali Rod! But seriously, that does suck. I know I would be furious. Good luck with the whole situaton.

I'm sorry to hear about that Rod!!

Not what you need to wake upto at all! :(

Sorry to hear about this Rod. Sounds like you need to move on out here to the East Coast!

Wouldn't it be great if these jerks would spend as much effort getting a job or a trade or doing something positive instead of taking from someone else. I think a thief of the worst type of criminal and I hope they throw the book at this guys. Or just drop him off at a CP herf :whistling: (I'm just sayin).

Sorry to hear it Rod, keep us posted as to the situation. I'm glad that at least they found it.

I think it's about time you look into moving to Texas.

Sorry to see that Rod. I hope it all works out. Glad no one in your clan was hurt, it sucks to lose the valuables but things are just things.

Sorry to hear about that Rod. One can't help but to feel a sense of violation of privacy in an instance like that.

...they mentioned that for Lojack to work the Lojack battery needs to be replaced every 5 years. WTF, no one ever told her this when she had it installed! If you have Lojack on your car, make sure you have the battery replaced as needed. It's been on the car for around 7 years or so... At this point I'm starting to lose hope...

First I've heard of it, too. Mine's wired to a constant hot at the fuse box. I know it has a battery backup but service it every 2-5 years? :angry:

Those mudder fokkers!!!! Let me know if you want me and the crew to come down and break some fokken legs...

Sorry to hear...

That sucks man. Im really sorry to hear about that. I had my truck stolen last April in Manhattan. I was out to dinner with my girl, when we walked out it was gone. It was two months old..never saw it again. Was there anything of value in the car? That became my biggest pain in the ass. I had my laptop, a fairly expensive camera, and very expensive laser level. Took me almost 5 months to get reimbursed.

To add insult to injury Onstar could locate the car but wasn't allowed to release the location with out a police report number..which took two days to get!!

Here in south Louisiana our lowjack battery doesn't need replacing. It's called a 12 gauge!

Sorry Rod!

Rich

Damn! Sorry to hear what happened Rod! That just plain bites.