• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Aficionado's Top 10 List

uptown_isy

The Man Uptown
CA has released no.10 through 5 on their top 10 list of the year. Regardless of what our opinions are on their rating system, it's always interesting to see their picks. I gotta say I'm surprised that the La Aroma Mi Amor received the No.6 rating. I expected to see that cigar as No.1 or 2. I can only assume that the No.1 or 2 spot will go to the BHK and the Padron 46....but stranger things have happened before, so it's anyone's guess. I wanted to see what everyone's opinions are as to what the best of the year should be. Below is the link for the list.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25/show

I haven't even heard of two of those....

That one and number 8 (I think, closed the window). I guess I should try some new stuff some time, just too much to keep up with

That one and number 8 (I think, closed the window). I guess I should try some new stuff some time, just too much to keep up with

That No.8 is the Inagural EPC by Ernesto Carillo, from La Gloria Cubana. That was the 1st cigar from his new company, since leaving General Cigar. Very good cigar, but a bit pricey.

La Aroma Mi Amor is an awsome smoke. Loved it ever since it hit the streets!!!

I really thought that the Mi Amor would be placed higher than where it landed. Should be interesting to see where the dirty rat lands and if the BHK or the Padron 46 takes top honor.

Interesting 6 - 10 list. I've only smoked the Air Bender and the Epernay, out of the group. The Air Bender blend in that chisel shape was the best out of that vitola, imo. The 46 ring gauge on the Le Matin has me picking that a lot, too. Both great smokes. I haven't had the Mi Amor, but the new blends for the regular LAdC are fantastic smokes and available at a relatively low(er) price.

Will be interesting to see what the 1- 5 spots bring. :)

I would expect the Padron 46, AB Family Blend, and the BHK in the top 5. Let's see what comes out tomorrow. I'm only calling the AB due to the very high rating CA gave it a month or 2 ago.

I've thought the BHK 52 would be there no. 1 seeing how much they seemed to love it on their trip to cuba... of course (and correct me if I'm wrong) they don't pay the big bucks to advertise in CA either,

Very interesting...I have smoked the Air Bender, and really enjoyed it. I have the La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amore sitting in my humi right now waiting to be smoked. Maybe that will happen in the next couple days...

That No.8 is the Inagural EPC by Ernesto Carillo, from La Gloria Cubana. That was the 1st cigar from his new company, since leaving General Cigar. Very good cigar, but a bit pricey.

Isn't the Inagural a 2009? I thought I remembered that on the band... ???

Had the Carrillo at my B&M Friday.. Nice stick. I am always a fan of the Epernay. My guess is: Padron in the top 5

Isn't the Inagural a 2009? I thought I remembered that on the band... ???

You are correct. The Inaugural EPC was a 2009. The Elencos Limited Edition 2010 made the #8 spot.

Thanks for the post Isy! Forgot it was already the end of 2010 :laugh:

I love the Air Bender line, great smokes. And the Mi Amors are awesome. I don't think the 46 will be #1, but probably top 5. I thought the 45 was better, and they probably won't give it 2 years in a row. BHK FTW!

Camacho corojo churchill. Really? Guess Davidoff needs to get bang for their buck in advertising. What a crock! Meanwhile, the Padron 45 natural came out last year. As much as I love that cigar, why is it in the 2010 list?

Camacho corojo churchill. Really? Guess Davidoff needs to get bang for their buck in advertising. What a crock! Meanwhile, the Padron 45 natural came out last year. As much as I love that cigar, why is it in the 2010 list?

I agree with you. I'm surprised it isn't the 46. Looks like the behike will be number one. Unless Padrons advertising budget was big enough for the 46 to be number one :sign: