• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass Cigar Draft 2006 - ALPHA DRAFT

Gentlemen,

The 2006 CigarPass Inaugural Cigar Drafts, ALPHA and BRAVO, are now officially complete!

Thank you to everyone who participated. This went smoothly and with such a wonderful spirit of camaraderie and playfulness. You made this draft the pleasure that it was to participate in and run. I salute you all!

Special Grand Poobah thanks to Rod for giving us a place to call home and for letting us have this draft.

Special Co-Captain thanks to CgarDan for taking the reins of the Bravo draft and giving an additional 12 members the chance to play.

Happiest holiday wishes for all my CigarPass brethren!

I will be packing cigars this weekend and will be taking your packages to the post office, hopefully all 24 of them, on Monday.

Once things have quieted down after semester's end, I will be back to post a greatly distilled and simplified DraftMaster's Guide to Cigar Drafts. Aside from the fun that we've all had, that will be our collective legacy to future drafts to come.

Best regards,
Wilkey

This was a blast! Thanks again Wilkey for putting things together, and to everyone in the Alpha Draft who made things go smoothly! You guys really made it a lot of fun! Congrats to all on their respective cigars! They all look great! Take care guys

Brandon

p.s. CHECK YOUR PM's GUYS!!! :thumbs:

Wilkey, thanks a million for running this!! :thumbs: It was a blast to be a part of, even though I wasn't around during the day to make most of my selections.
Thanks to ALL of you for the great selection of sticks to pick from!!!

LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!! :blush:

Thanks for running this Wilkey! It was a lot of fun, and went extremely smoothly for a first run. A job well done! Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Matt

Well I know I speak for all the guys in the Alpha Draft when I say, we wish it wasn't over. Since Wilkey graciously gave up his spot in the draft to allow one of us to partake, we have decided to let him make the final cigar selections!! :thumbs: We have had a blast watching this thing and making selections, and we want our host to partake in the fun. Wilkey, if you haven't packaged those cigars up, you may pick 6 cigars. Here are the rules

++You may pick one cigar from each round, including a mystery cigar.

++You can only take one cigar from any member involved.

++You have to pick them one at a time, so this thing draws out a bit. I don't want you to list all 6 cigars and that be the end of it....toy with us a bit!! :sign: Keep the fun rolling!! :thumbs: Oh and thanks! ;)

Brandon

Brandon and the men of ALPHA Draft,

Thank you for this inventive and generous gesture!

I shall do as Jean-Luc Picard did when he was given a complete Kurlan naiskos by Professor Galen and accept this graciously.

And so, for my first pick, I choose the La Aurora Preferido Emerald from Denverdog!

Wilkey

For my second pick, I choose the Padron Anniversary Exclusivo maduro from Satchmo. Sorry bro, but I'm a Padron ho. :D

Wilkey

And so, for my first pick, I choose the La Aurora Preferido Emerald from Denverdog!

Wilkey
Enjoy it Wilkey, you deserve it! **Walks away mumbling something about hoping it's plugged** :sign: :p

For my third pick, I choose the Diamond Crown Maximus #5 from marcsheldon. I had my first DCM at the recent NYC herf and I'm game to give it another go. :)

Wilkey

For my fourth pick, I choose the AF Hemingway Best Seller from Davidr2340.

Hey, this is pretty fun. :D

Wilkey

For my fifth pick, I choose the Don Lino Africa Toro from Bilder.

I have not smoked an Africa in almost a year. But I did pick up a few empty boxes from my B&M. Looking forward to giving them another shot.

Wilkey

Sorry Bchem,

I've got a hankering for the Ashton VSG Enchantment. :D

That's a wrap, gentlemen! Thank you all for giving me this chance to play. If this year's drafts were any indication, I forsee there will be more in the future. :thumbs:

At this point, it looks like I'll have half going out Monday and the rest hitting the PO on Tuesday. They'll arrive in plenty of time for your holiday smoking enjoyment.

Wilkey

Thanks for not takin' any of my sticks, Wilkey. :p :D

Thanks for hostin', this went really well. :cool:

Sorry Bchem,

I've got a hankering for the Ashton VSG Enchantment. :D

That's a wrap, gentlemen! Thank you all for giving me this chance to play. If this year's drafts were any indication, I forsee there will be more in the future. :thumbs:

At this point, it looks like I'll have half going out Monday and the rest hitting the PO on Tuesday. They'll arrive in plenty of time for your holiday smoking enjoyment.

Wilkey

No problem, Wilkey. You deserve to enjoy it after setting this whole thing up for us all! Glad to see you get something to take away from this whole thing instead of just having the privelage of storing, packaging, and shipping all those boxes! Thanks again for seeing this thing through. It's been fun!

Matt
:thumbs: