• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass Cigar Draft 2006 - BRAVO DRAFT

My sticks will ship today, everything is all packed up and at my desk. The DC# is 0305 1720 002 5128 7584. I did have to make one change. While inspecting the sticks before packing I noticed the RP 1990 "A" had some flaking of the wrapper near the head of the cigar. I was going to replace it with another, but my 2nd too had a small amount of damage on the cap. It looks like it may go a hair beyond where you would clip. Although, both smokable it would obviously be a poor choice to put a cigar with any damage in to a pass/trade/draft. So I had to replace it with a RP Edge "A" in Coffin. It is also from the '05 chest of 15 and has no damage.

Condensed Version of above:
DC#0305 1720 002 5128 7584

OUT- RP 1990 "A" in coffin
IN- RP EDGE "A" in coffin
It looks ok to me. The final decision as far as suitability should come from your fellow draft players.

If any BRAVO players see an issue with this swap, please say so here in the thread.

Wilkey
No issues here.

There is talk in the Alpha thread of de-mystifying the mystery sticks. I found a moment to log in and chime in since my wife had to travel with her laptop on this "vacation". I would prefer to keep it a mystery. Knowing what I sent, and the hints tossed arround, I have no fear of picking blindly from that pile. My 2 cents.

Ok just to clarify at this point the idea is when you pick a mystery stick I go in the mystery box and without looking pick out a cigar and then tell you what you got.

Is that what you guys want or you don't want me to reveal what the cigar is at all?

Ok just to clarify at this point the idea is when you pick a mystery stick I go in the mystery box and without looking pick out a cigar and then tell you what you got.

Is that what you guys want or you don't want me to reveal what the cigar is at all?
Dan,

I think the question is about whether or not the guys want to know the identity of the cigars in the Mystery Stick pool prior to the draft beginning.

YES means everyone knows what's in there but you still pick at random and reveal to them what they got.

NO means nobody except you and I know what the Mystery Cigars are and that players will get a random stick without knowing what the possible cigars are but once you pick it, you will still reveal it.

It's entirely possible that ALPHA and BRAVO chose to do it two different ways. In this case, we'd know at the conclusion of this draft which way is more fun.

Wilkey

Ok guys lets see some input on this after all this is your game and your choice

I think it would be fun knowing what is in the mystery pot. If there is a stick I want hanging out in there, I may take a chance and go for it. If they remain blind, my strategy would be to wait until there is nothing left on the board that I am interested in and then go for the mystery pick.

I'm kinda on the fence about this one. On the one hand, the mystery aspect is intriguing, but on the other hand, if I don't know what is in the pot I probably won't go for the mystery box while there are still sticks on the board that I want. Either way I'm fine with whatever the group decides.

Casa and fenian,

Your comments are exactly at the heart of the matter. Let's hear a little more about what folks think. There is plenty of time to adjust the rules for these drafts.

One of my objectives is that this be the funnest damned draft in CP history. :D

Wilkey

Personally, I don't want to know what the stick is until you or Dan post AFTER my pick, more fun for me that way. I plan on hitting the mystery box 4th or 5th pick anyway. BUT I will go with the majority on this. Hows that? :laugh:

I'm of the opinion that there are twelve great sticks in the box. I would prefer to have a blind pool, and get to watch them appear as people exercise their option. For me, that would be more challanging and therefor fun. I don't think they will last til the last picks. There are too many gamblers among us.

Off subject but along the same lines... The Wilkey LMAD slots should be chosen in advance, but not revealed until the pick has been made. Otherwise, if I know I'm up for a LMAD slot, I may choose a stick I don't really want since I know I will have the oportunity to trade it out.

For example, Mmburtch chooses XYZ with his third pick. Congrats, this is LMAD slot #1. Do you want to make a deal? You have X hours to decide. Or something like that.

Changing this is not a good idea imo. If you have a list of mystery cigars posted, then members can keep track of which ones were picked as the draft goes along and this would ruin the whole concept of chance because everyone can see what was drawn from the list and plan if they want a randomly drawn cigar based upon the quality of what remained.

I see so far 3 votes are to keep this a mystery selection as originally plannned. I guess we will do what ever the majority decides.

Also MAD slots have already been picked as well as the cigars that will be for trade at those slots.

This should be fun :thumbs:

I'm of the opinion that there are twelve great sticks in the box. I would prefer to have a blind pool, and get to watch them appear as people exercise their option. For me, that would be more challanging and therefor fun. I don't think they will last til the last picks. There are too many gamblers among us.

Off subject but along the same lines... The Wilkey LMAD slots should be chosen in advance, but not revealed until the pick has been made. Otherwise, if I know I'm up for a LMAD slot, I may choose a stick I don't really want since I know I will have the oportunity to trade it out.

For example, Mmburtch chooses XYZ with his third pick. Congrats, this is LMAD slot #1. Do you want to make a deal? You have X hours to decide. Or something like that.
mmburtch,

You've made several good points here and I think I'm hearing a good case being made for the Mystery Box being a total mystery.

Now, let me just clarify the LMAD slots. You correctly understand how I intend this to work. The slots and the identities of the deal sticks were given to Rod and Dan before Rod gave us the player numbers. This means I could not have manipulated the LMD slots to favor anyone in particular.

I've been painstaking in taking out any possibility of manipulation from the administrators' side so that you guys can slug it out man to man. :D This seems to be one of the fun things about a draft and I am hoping that it will work as well here as it has on other forums.

Wilkey

Edit: Dan, you're reading my mind. ;)

This is going to be awesome! Thanks again Wilkey and Dan (and Rod) for organizing this.

I'm sorry, I've got no clue what the LMAD slots are?! Can someone explain? Is there an expected date as to when the draft is going to take place?

I'm sorry, I've got no clue what the LMAD slots are?! Can someone explain? Is there an expected date as to when the draft is going to take place?
LMAD? What's that? Start date? I'm thinking the first Sunday in March.

It's ALL in the first post of this thread. It's long, but how this Draft works is all there. Goddamn noobs. :rolleyes: :p

Wilkey

I vote to keep the mystery smokes exactly that... a mystery. That's sounds more exciting, plus I can't wait to see the response when someone picks the moontrance I sent. :whistling: