• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass Virtual Cigar Lounge

From someone who has built a couple pools now I would like to suggest a couple things. If it’s in your budget extend the beach entry/tanning deck a little wider. Second, a bench stretching across the entire back wall where people can just sit and hangout will get all kinds of use. Love the design...
Ahh great idea with the bench along the back. Didn’t even think of that. My wife wants that baja step is what they call it to go all the way to the jacuzzi. We may try to widen the pool slightly because I was starting to worry it would take up too much of the actual area to swim. Not a ton just maybe 2-3 feet.

From someone who has built a couple pools now I would like to suggest a couple things. If it’s in your budget extend the beach entry/tanning deck a little wider. Second, a bench stretching across the entire back wall where people can just sit and hangout will get all kinds of use. Love the design...
Also if you have any other suggestions I would love them!! This would be my first pool so I’m not 100% what I’m doing.

Some of the things we are planning on:

In floor cleaner I think it’s called vs a pump?

Salt Water

Gas and Electric heater. Have heard from friends locally that the gas heater is good for heating the pool from its coldest temp but the electric is much more efficient and cheaper to maintain that temp if you want to keep it warm for several weeks. This could be backyards. Might seem strange being Arizona but it does get chilly during the winter months.

Also if you have any other suggestions I would love them!! This would be my first pool so I’m not 100% what I’m doing.

Some of the things we are planning on:

In floor cleaner I think it’s called vs a pump?

Salt Water

Gas and Electric heater. Have heard from friends locally that the gas heater is good for heating the pool from its coldest temp but the electric is much more efficient and cheaper to maintain that temp if you want to keep it warm for several weeks. This could be backyards. Might seem strange being Arizona but it does get chilly during the winter months.
Things to think about, not sure if your doing water features but having a second pump that just runs those features is a must if you want to have them running while the main pump is in spa mode, otherwise to have them running you would be heating entire pool. As far as water features two floor bubblers in the Baja step would be nice. Also since your in a Arizona I would put two wall sprayers on the back wall just under the pool coping, right above water level, these will serve two purposes. First, they look cool and add sound. Second they can be used overnight when air temperatures drop a little to help drop pool temperatures a few degrees, using evaporative cooling effect.

Things to think about, not sure if your doing water features but having a second pump that just runs those features is a must if you want to have them running while the main pump is in spa mode, otherwise to have them running you would be heating entire pool. As far as water features two floor bubblers in the Baja step would be nice. Also since your in a Arizona I would put two wall sprayers on the back wall just under the pool coping, right above water level, these will serve two purposes. First, they look cool and add sound. Second they can be used overnight when air temperatures drop a little to help drop pool temperatures a few degrees, using evaporative cooling effect.
Great idea with the second pump and the water features. We actually had them add a little waterfall thing into the little wall in the back. But I like the idea of sprayers to each side of that. Keeping the temps down slightly is a must here in Arizona.

On the pool that you see there we did a mix of decking with travertine up around the house then transitioned to some stained wood along the sides. Here are a couple of pics from my current pool so you can see the sprayers in action. If I run them over night, depending on air temp, I usually can get a 3-6 degree drop in water temperature.
DB8446B5-EFD3-47EF-9E11-BB6FF720AD30.jpeg
4A5D156F-4F34-4359-B715-F30F3F5E6CA9.jpeg

On the pool that you see there we did a mix of decking with travertine up around the house then transitioned to some stained wood along the sides. Here are a couple of pics from my current pool so you can see the sprayers in action. If I run them over night, depending on air temp, I usually can get a 3-6 degree drop in water temperature.
View attachment 42562
View attachment 42563
I told my wife we can just do this and save some money3DD64424-31EA-4975-B27C-E9BC4E752058.gif

I love the looks of that, gorgeous pool. I’ve heard that unfortunately here in Arizona the stamped concrete just gets too hot in the summer.
Yeah I can imagine, but if you do a stamped concrete with a natural pattern I can’t see it getting any hotter than travertine. Our travertine got just as hot as anything else we have ever had outside in the sun. Just comes with the territory. Anything that has some texture will be a little cooler and will also hold a little water in it to help... Bottom line buy what you like visually because the difference isn’t that much when it comes to temperatures. They are all going to be hot in the heat of the summer...

Think about lighting for the evening. Pool lighting works a little different than regular electricity due to water hazard it needs to be built for that spec before you pour concrete
Good point... My last two pools I went with Pentair globrite color changing led lights and really love them... my current pool has two on the tanning ledge in-line with bubblers, four in the pool area to get maximum coverage, and one in spa..

Last edited: