• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got on last week. Hopefully 05 is a good number, Paul You will be getting something from me very soon.

CYG

cigarpool said:
To all: have a wonderful and safe holiday season =)
Michael
[snapback]266134[/snapback]​

To you as well,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Dave

Looks like the pick 3 last night was 1-8-0. :0 :blush:

I ain't sending that Bastage NOTHING. :whistling:

geldor1 said:
Looks like the pick 3 last night was 1-8-0. :0 :blush:

I ain't sending that Bastage NOTHING. :whistling:
[snapback]267886[/snapback]​

Especially since this is the second time that farging bastage won this year!
:sign: :p

You know I am thinking about leaving the pool. I have not won in almost two years, with 2 numbers and have sent 3 or more cigars per week. I think I will wait until after 2 years has passed then punt.

golfgar said:
You know I am thinking about leaving the pool. I have not won in almost two years, with 2 numbers and have sent 3 or more cigars per week. I think I will wait until after 2 years has passed then punt.
[snapback]268604[/snapback]​

I'm leaning towards leaving too - not that I've been in that long, but my limited funds and stash are just not cutting it anymore.

IgwanaRob said:
golfgar said:
[snapback]268604[/snapback]​

I'm leaning towards leaving too - not that I've been in that long, but my limited funds and stash are just not cutting it anymore.
[snapback]268746[/snapback]​

I was in the pool for 1 & 1/2 years before winning the first time this past June. This second win comes after I hit my 2 year anniversary in the pool.

Both wins come from the original number I got way back then. :D

Looks like the draw last night was 155.
Winner is Joe Schey (I had 56... darn!).
Interesting that he registered his last mailing AFTER last nights' drawing tho ( Jan 11, 2006, 03:36:04 ET )
Rules state that the mailing had to be before noon yester, so winner may be 15 (David Dayton)

Let's see how this plays out!

Jim

I saw the same thing and thought the same thing.

...DUH...

But 03:36 would be 3:36 a.m. in the morning, so he did follow the rules.

I won it twice in 2003, once in May and again in October. Quite a few of the cigars were on the low end of the scale.

BUT, as time has gone on, many CigarPass people were signing up which I thought increased the quality of the cigars the winner received, especially if it was one of "our" guys!! At one time, we had almot half the numbers there held by members of CigarPass.

I haven't checked recently but I'd bet that's down considerably from where it was a year or so ago.

I enjoy sending nice sticks to fellow CPers who win. For instance, this time around, I sent geldor1 four Havanas.

In my case, there are still some guy around from when I won three years ago who sent me crap or sent the cigars three months late. When those guys win, I treat them they way the treated me. ;)

I also have quite a few cigars that I will probably never smoke that others in the pool would probably enjoy so I plan on staying in a little while longer. I first joined in October of 2001 with number 87 then grabbed number 86 a few months later. There have been over 50 drawings since my last win so the odds have not been favoring me......

I got on the arizona Lotto page last night, forgetting that they had not yet done the drawing and the numbers for tuesday(I think) were still up. They were 6-8-7 I was getting nervous thinking about trying to send something that you might enjoy CC. Well maybe next time!

CYG

There is 1 open number as I type this.

I am e-mailing the admin over at the pool. If you want in on this or need a second number, now might be a good time. :love:

It's time for some new year cleaning of the pool. It really sucks to follow the rules and then when you win, get stiffed by the deadbeats.

#02 & 53 Tom Ufer -
Hasn't registered on 12-28, 12-14 & 11-30. Registeredd on 11-16, but isn't checked off as being received.

#13 - iowapiper.rcp -
hasn't even been to the site to fill out their info since the number was assigned to them after the 12-14 drawing. (I know this because the generic password still works) :whistling:

#31 - Ray Blackwell -
Hasn't registered on 12-28, 12-14, 11-30,11-16,11-2,10-19,10-5 & 9-21. Registered on 9-7 & 8-24, but isn't checked off as being received.

#35 - Bill Garvey -
Hasn't registered on 12-28, 12-14, 11-30,11-16,11-2,10-19 & 10-5. Registered on 9-21, but isn't checked off as being received.

#70 - Greg Page -
Hasn't registered on 12-28, 12-14, 11-30,11-16,11-2,10-19 & 9-21. Registered on 9-7 & 8-24, but isn't checked off as being received.

Just hit SEND on my registration email.

Editing to add a question for CC or whomever. What is a common cigar value to supply to such a lottery? In other words, at what level would you be embarassed to send?

NullSmurf said:
Just hit SEND on my registration email.

Editing to add a question for CC or whomever. What is a common cigar value to supply to such a lottery? In other words, at what level would you be embarassed to send?
[snapback]279891[/snapback]​
Depends who wins.

If a particular winner is one who sent me crap when I won or sent me the cigars three months late or has a track record of being a slacker, he gets Connecticut puros.

If it's someone who I know personally OR who treated me very well when I won, I send him Havanas and/or higher end cigars.

If it's someone relatively new who I do not know and was not in when I won, I look up what kind of cigars he's been sending out and I try to send him comparable cigars. If he's one of these "something from the humi" guys, :rolleyes: he get's "something from the humi" from me if ya catch my drift ;) (my humi varies from Phillies blunts to Bolivar Gold Medals).

There was this one guy (Doug Selsor) who ALWAYS sent SEVEN cigars to the winner. Both times I won, he sent me seven nice sticks. So, when he finally won, I sent him a killer package of seven cigars including an Opus X, a Padron 1926 #1 maduro, and lots of nice Havanas, etc......Doug ended up signing up here as a member of CigarPass.
Doug had been in the pool for years and it was nice to see him win. Well, wouldn't ya know, he won THREE OR FOUR more times after that. :0

Sorry for the long answer but it's not really an easy question to answer but I'll just leave you with this:

Low to medium domestics are the norm ;)

There are now 6 open numbers.

Michael did a little cleaning.

Time to join in or pick up a second number. Most folks will send out more than 1 anyways, so having 2 numbers won't cost you any more and doubles your chances.

Big hand to JG for help in keeping the Pool as clean as possible =)

Some empty nums if you want a second #

Someone above asked what would be reasonable to send - CC, I like your answer. I don't have big $$$ so I send what I smoke every day. I generally buy nice cigars, but not NICE cigars if you get my drift. I have a big humi so I age before I smoke. So I send a variety of what I am smoking and it is generally aged about 5 years. I don't send many 'top drawer' cigars and would rather in return have peeps send me what they like to smoke every day. Hand made, long filler are all but required - I don't send junk that I don't like (I have part time-smoking buddies that eat those up =) All in all send what you'd like to receive I think and practice.

ooooo, Boli GMs, ooooo

Never had one of those, rarest I've had were a Dom Perignon, a viable cigar from the 1880s & a pre-em Henry Clay.

GL to all !!!
Michael
== CigarPool ==
http://www.cigarpool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.