• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, not him...... :0

He usually sends crap and almost always sends his cigars late, NOT the kind of guy worth going out of your way for......

This guy is Bagmac's buddy! :laugh:

coventrycat86 said:

He usually sends crap and almost always sends his cigars late, NOT the kind of guy worth going out of your way for......

[snapback]281079[/snapback]​
HE HAS A COUPLE OF WHITE OWL GRAPES COMING TO HIM TOO, LOL.

I joined up, numbers 16 and 61.

Time to send out a package already :)

coventrycat86 said:

[snapback]281079[/snapback]​

I see he like Gispert's (he sends them anyway), so I'll help him out with one.

Jim

coventrycat86 said:
NullSmurf said:
Just hit SEND on my registration email.

Editing to add a question for CC or whomever. What is a common cigar value to supply to such a lottery? In other words, at what level would you be embarassed to send?
[snapback]279891[/snapback]​
Depends who wins.

If a particular winner is one who sent me crap when I won or sent me the cigars three months late or has a track record of being a slacker, he gets Connecticut puros.

If it's someone who I know personally OR who treated me very well when I won, I send him Havanas and/or higher end cigars.

If it's someone relatively new who I do not know and was not in when I won, I look up what kind of cigars he's been sending out and I try to send him comparable cigars. If he's one of these "something from the humi" guys, :rolleyes: he get's "something from the humi" from me if ya catch my drift ;) (my humi varies from Phillies blunts to Bolivar Gold Medals).

There was this one guy (Doug Selsor) who ALWAYS sent SEVEN cigars to the winner. Both times I won, he sent me seven nice sticks. So, when he finally won, I sent him a killer package of seven cigars including an Opus X, a Padron 1926 #1 maduro, and lots of nice Havanas, etc......Doug ended up signing up here as a member of CigarPass.
Doug had been in the pool for years and it was nice to see him win. Well, wouldn't ya know, he won THREE OR FOUR more times after that. :0

Sorry for the long answer but it's not really an easy question to answer but I'll just leave you with this:

Low to medium domestics are the norm ;)
[snapback]279931[/snapback]​

I'm a newbie to the CigarPool and just finished my second mailing to this weeks winner. CC thanks for the insight. I think in the future, I'm just going to wait till CC posts his mailings, and then decide on my selections... :)

coventrycat86 said:
NullSmurf said:
Just hit SEND on my registration email.

Editing to add a question for CC or whomever. What is a common cigar value to supply to such a lottery? In other words, at what level would you be embarassed to send?
[snapback]279891[/snapback]​
Depends who wins.

There was this one guy (Doug Selsor) who ALWAYS sent SEVEN cigars to the winner. Both times I won, he sent me seven nice sticks. So, when he finally won, I sent him a killer package of seven cigars including an Opus X, a Padron 1926 #1 maduro, and lots of nice Havanas, etc......Doug ended up signing up here as a member of CigarPass.
Doug had been in the pool for years and it was nice to see him win. Well, wouldn't ya know, he won THREE OR FOUR more times after that. :0

Sorry for the long answer but it's not really an easy question to answer but I'll just leave you with this:

Low to medium domestics are the norm ;)
[snapback]279931[/snapback]​

In this case, more is better - thank you. I am now #18 and am up for participating. I'm still low mileage, so I'll do unto others as I'd have them do for me. I'm a firm believer in Karma. I can't afford to send 7 of anything but my yard gars, but I'll play nice with a decent stick. I'm going to stick to 1 per drawing until my odo rolls over a few more digits.

If (any of) you notice me playing below the line, PLEASE throw something heavy and sharp at me.

I think we should stop using the lottery results and just send Doug Selsor cigars every other week =)

Doug Selsor wins yet again for the 5th time! Does this guy know someone at the AZ lottery office!? :p

Whoa... Doug once again. He always sends more than enough smokes. :thumbs:

Time for those who still owe the past winners to step up to the plate. :whistling:

geldor1 said:
Time for those who still owe the past winners to step up to the plate. :whistling:
[snapback]286798[/snapback]​

Send unto brothers as you would have them send unto you!

You know, we all have Doug's address - I doubt he'd notice if we snuck in, grabbed some stash, and just started sending him his own sticks from now on!

IgwanaRob said:
You know, we all have Doug's address - I doubt he'd notice if we snuck in, grabbed some stash, and just started sending him his own sticks from now on!
[snapback]286927[/snapback]​

Rob,

At this point, that might be a good idea for all parties involved. We have four big Igloos in the basement right now, three of which are being used as humidors. It may soon be necessary for me to force that fourth Igloo into service. That's really going to piss off the wife, though, because she was talking about defrosting the freezer next weekend, and probably wants to use that Igloo. She's also pointed out that, given my current stockpile (even without the pool winnings), coupled with my rate of consumption, I have, like, enough smokes to last 137 years, more or less.

Doug

I'd like to add that the one really neat thing about the pool is that I end up trying stuff that I typically wouldn't buy. Case in point... A long time ago, maybe 10 years, during the boom, I bought some Toranos and absolutely hated them. However, the last couple of pool winnings I've received a TON of Toranos of the Exodus variety, and have really enjoyed them. And even though I typically like CAO, I probably wouldn't have picked up any of the Italias, because the alway remind me of the European dry-cured crap typically smoked by scroungy old guys dressed in stained wife-beaters. But they're actually pretty good.

And please don't be offended, because I actually come from a long line of scroungy old guys...

Doug

geldor1 said:
Whoa... Doug once again. He always sends more than enough smokes. :thumbs:

But I probably still get better than I give... I've got a couple of boxes of HdM and some bundles of El Creditos, along with some LGC Wavells, that have quite a bit of age to them. They've got enough bloom that they absolutely sparkle when held up to the light. I'll have to start including them in the pool winnings I send out...

Doug

dselsor said:
geldor1 said:
Whoa... Doug once again. He always sends more than enough smokes.  :thumbs: 

But I probably still get better than I give... I've got a couple of boxes of HdM and some bundles of El Creditos, along with some LGC Wavells, that have quite a bit of age to them. They've got enough bloom that they absolutely sparkle when held up to the light. I'll have to start including them in the pool winnings I send out...

Doug
[snapback]287405[/snapback]​

What do you want from this win that won't just disappear in igloo #4?

Looks like last night's number was 4-3-8

#38 Ron Natalie.

Looking at my records, he sent some pretty sweet sticks. Now to return the favor. :whistling:

Ron is a good guy so treat him right!!

Dammit, sorry Doug, I forgot to register but I will be sending you out some sticks ASAP.

coventrycat86 said:
Ron is a good guy so treat him right!!

Dammit, sorry Doug, I forgot to register but I will be sending you out some sticks ASAP.
[snapback]292652[/snapback]​

No problem. I know you're good for it.

Doug

The pool has been cleaned!
(Chlorine kills deadbeats)

There are 11 spots open at www.cigarpool.com
Drawing is next Wednesday!

Jim

The pool has been cleaned!
(Chlorine kills deadbeats)

There are 11 spots open at www.cigarpool.com
Drawing is next Wednesday!

Jim

Found that chlorine works very well when my pool get "overly" infected, but a weekly addition of algaecide keeps it from getting out of hand. Not saying that participants should be "booted" immediately, as everyone has things that crop up, but, even as a "newbie", it was apparent that several members weren't meeting their obligations.

Status
Not open for further replies.