• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Clown's 1st CP box pass

Lumberg, good call, in most pass that is true, like for like, rare for rare, etc. However, I put in the instructions that are in the pass I'd be willing to accept 2 for 1 trades. (Not 3 or 4 for 1.) This as you noted allows someone to try something they wouldn't normally have a chance to. The down side, I know, is that it potentially limits the selection of those down the line.

I've done this with other passes I've started at CW and the old JRBB and it's worked out OK. Someone down the line will go 2 for 1 the other way, my hope is the same thing will happen here at CP.

So bottom line, as host, I've allowed a little more flexiblity in this pass (which I spelt out in the instructions in the box, but not here on the board :( ) and I accept gr8's p&ts.

Just wanted to comment that I appreciate the discussion that just happened. Open and flexible - and at no point did the pass risk falling into a pile of controversy or anything (which I think is an easy thing to happen in an internet-driven thing like this).

I'll throw in an opus or two when it gets to me... I don't even like them much anyway... :D

Oh - and Clown: Anything else different about the instructions, or was that essentially the only unique (at least unique to me) rule?

Rock on,

- Oak

You know what- I couldn't agree more. With all the drama thats been going on around here lately, I think open discussion amongst all players is a must! No one needs to get bent out of shape- just talk it out :D

Clown, I would suggest maybe a post with rules and expectations for us all to read, that way the players further down on the list can start preparing now in anticipation for the box. :thumbs:

I know this pass is gonna be exciting and fun! It is my turn yet!? DOH! not yet....

how about now!? NO!... DOH!

:thumbs: Toaster

OK Here's the rules/guidelines I enclosed.

Clown’s Box Pass Rules/Guidelines
Cigar Pass January 2004

Take up to 4 smokes, this rule is flexible. I’ve seen this posted on other passes, I’m not sure why. So now I’m not sure why I added it. Da?? Any veterans want to explain the wisdom behind this? So at this point take all you want.

Have fun!!

Quality vs quantity, sure you can trade two for one or one for two, but don’t go beyond this. Try to stay with quality for quality. Don’t put in several dog rockets just to get rid of them. I had thought about adding a separate zip lock just for dog rockets, but then I thought why. Then I remembered I like Riatas. So if you add a dog rocket you have to explain why you like it or would allow a brother to try it. I’m gonna try to have a separate zip lock for them. So if the dog rocket bag is in feel free to add a few if you want to get rid of them.

Try to keep the box moving quickly. Well at least regularly, I guess there is no real hurry. So don’t be franic to get it out, just don’t let it lay around.

Use the USPS confirmation #. It’s an extra $.40 if I remember. I’ve had priority mail lost without it. (A nice box of cigars I was trading. I also had a priority package earlier this year take 3 weeks.)

Please keep separate wrapped and unwrapped ‘gars. I’m told the two don’t travel well together. Better yet wrap unwrapped cigars, either in cello or a plastic bag.

Please don’t just add more of what’s in the box. Keep the variety. No flavored cigars unless you add a new tupador to the box.

Mark what you took & put. Label your puts with your bands, glue stick included in box and mark the sheet. You can either band the cello or pull it partway off. Everyone should have 25 or more of their cstom bands so you will be left with at least 20 for your own use. Thanks! Currently the cigars either have my band or someone I traded with.

Have fun! Add a treat/surprise for the next one (or two) down the line if you want.

Maintenance: Repair or replace box or container as needed. Refill humi device as needed. There is a propylene glycol mix now in the tubes. I added holes to the tube, guessing at how many.

Labels, Labels, Labels. You’ll need to use all three labels, two of the person you are sending to and one of your own. Use printed labels to put on the larger USPS priority label (to & from) and one label on the confirmation slip you will keep. There are a few blanks in case you mess up. There is a separate sheet explaining this.

Post on the bulletin Board so we can all keep track.

Did I say have fun!

After 2 stops here's what's in the box.

Play on
Clown_car.gif

Ashton vsg
AVO signature
Bucanero capitan maduro
Criollo
Dannemann Espada sumatra
ERDM churchill
Indian Tabac box press maduro
La Aurora maduro
La Luna African Fuerte torp
Macanudo maduro
Montecristo Royale Delacroix
Oliva blue band churchill
Padron 4000
Perdomo La Tradition torp
Pleiades torp
Torano exodus 1959 maduro
Cohiba siglo VI isom
CORO isom
H Upmann torp isom
Sancho Panza torp isom
Puts:
VSG Torpedo
PAM 64 Corona Extra
Montecristo Platinum Toro
H. Upmann Connoisseur Cabinet 1996 #10
Partagas Rosada
Puts:
A Fuente Signature
A Fuente Short Story
Romeo & J Churchhill
Romeo & J Cedros Deluxe #1
Excaliber- epicure
Montecristo- Delacroix

Hello everyone,

First, I would like to appoligize to anyone I have offended with my put and takes. This was my first pass, and from reading the rules I felt I made a fair trade. However I could be wrong. I feel badly that there is hard feelings on this trade and sorry I even picked that particular cigar. I did not mean to do any harm intentionaly. Finally, I sent the box out this morning 1-21-04 and the tracking number through USPS is:

0303 0830 0000 7839 3537

Thanks again Clown for the wonderful bands and oppertunity to participate,
gr8smokes ???

No, no, no, no, no.... I'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting the scenario and have no reason to apologize. Here's my take on it:

1) You posted puts/takes to the thread, moderator agreed - and you followed the rules just fine... Nice work, Gr8smokes.

2) Lumberg called out something that might have been a potential issue (note that normal pass rules don't allow for the 2 to 1 trades, and no one knew this yet but the folks that already had the pass). I really appreciated that he stepped up and asked quickly/politely/diplomatically - as it avoided any potential confusion down the road. Nice work, Lumberg.

3) Clown cleared up the situation in two shakes... posted the rules for all to see (which I'd guess we're all fine with - but I know I am). Nice work, Clown...

Everyone pardon my unilateral assessment - but I say all is cool. The thread and pass went exactly how it's supposed to in my opinion, and I don't think anyone needs to give it another thought. You did a good play, Lumberg stepped up appropriately, and Clown educated us all on how this is working... Anyone else disagree or am I missing something? - say so... but I declare this a perfect scenario otherwise. No need for drama or any feelings one way or the other.

4) I summed up the situation from my own perspective, forcing it on everyone else as fact... Nice work, Oak... :D

Cheers,

- Oak

Oak good summary.

If I'd posted my "rules/guidelines" for all before hand we never would have got into this. So my bad. ???

We'll call it a learning process for all of us and move on.

Speaking of moving on...

This is my first pass - and I'm a bit shocked that I'm this anxious for the pass to come around. Not sure if this is a normal sort of "pass sickness" that everyone feels - but it's freakin' me out*.

- Oak

* To understand why I'm a bit freaked out, you have to remember that I was born with all the mirth of an 92-year old man with a limp. My wife has pointed out that my frowns are roughly 1.2% different than my smiles... In other words, I haven't done this supposed "pee-pee-dance" that y'all speak of since I was around 3 years old and actually had to take a leak... :D

I'll put an Opus in there, you know me, I think all the "Opus hype" is just that, HYPE!!

When my shop has them, I pick a few up, mostly for passes and bombs 'cause I could take or leave the freakin' things :D

Great pass, it's headin' EAST :thumbs:

Fast and I will do this baby justice.

Oh and Clown, I sent the photo of the bands to my card playing buddies, the "Set Back Club" and they thought they were FANTASTIC!!!

Thanks everyone, and It's nice to know classy guys! No hard feelings here. It's all good!

The next guy should be recieving the box soon!
Pass On,
John

This pass is looking good! Everyone's doing a great job. Clown is doing a good job hosting... and the participants are doing a good job participating! :D I'd like to see some pics of the bands for each people. Clown's hard work, ya know? If you need a place to host, I can help or perhaps our resident pic hoster. :thumbs:

Hey gang,
I just want to agree with everyone so far that this has been great to see. A pass that is open and flexable, a group of passers who are communicating and a load of fun...not to mention a great selection of gars!!!!!

Great job to everyone! We should all smoke one to celebrate...like we need a reason :D

I've been thinking about posting these pics. I openned a new yahoo account and will try probably over the weekend to put them there. Nextcouple of days are busy.
Circus_sheep.gif

If it doesn't work I might take Oak or vewyphishy up on their offer to post.

fast hopefully this will be at your door tomorrow

Oak are you still dancing
tanzen008.gif

Received the box today :D Will look through it this evening and hand it off to CoventryCat86 tomorrow at the LI Herf :)

I'll post my Puts and Takes after dinner this evening :)

Fast and I are going to look like we're trying to start some kind of a warehouse at this herf tomorrow. I've got TWO passes for him and SMOKOZUNA!!

Fast, you certainlly picked a perfect time for a herf :thumbs:

coventrycat86 said:
Fast and I are going to look like we're trying to start some kind of a warehouse at this herf tomorrow. I've got TWO passes for him and SMOKOZUNA!!

Fast, you certainlly picked a perfect time for a herf :thumbs:
It looks to be that way... we probably have saved $60+ in shipping between the 3 of us.

If you bring your puts for Moki's Pass I'll mail it out.

I'll bring my puts for Toaster's Pass and Smokozuna can mail it out

And I give you Clown's Pass and you can mail it out

And I'll take Vewy's pass and mail it out

Now that's a lot of passes!!!