• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cops, Lawyers, Outlaws, and Asshats!

Here are my P/T's:
T: # 2 WOAM / P: AF Anejo #55 2009 (#88)
T: #49 Punch S.S. #1 / P: BBF 2007 (#89)
T: #67 Padron 45th / P: FFOX RdC from the 2008 Opus X 22 CFCF box (#87)
T: #74 ERDM Choix Supreme 2006 / P: PSD4 2005 (#90)
T: #78 Liga Privada #9 / P: WCD 122 yr Anni. La Aurora Escogidas (#91)
P: #92 El Triunfador
P: #93 Tatuaje Noella Reserva 2009

Opinion seems to be split on the one, but since the precedent has allowed it before I'll allow it now. That and I don't want to hold you up from shipping Jon. Thanks for playing.

Well, if everyone is ok with this, then cool, if not, I can try to find a something closer. I'll PM MadMonk tonight. Let me know in the next day if there are any objections to this.

Brent has already posted but I think it worth noting that this appears to have three objections and, at best, a lukewarm acquiescence from the pass host. This pass does not belong to me, Joe or Jon but you did float this out there for opinions and you have now obtained those opinions. One thing that I will add is that I would not even consider trying to take that cigar from the pass at the value level that is associated with the proposed trade...well, not unless I did so to be charitable to Brent. The RdC is too available at lower cost to grab this one here.

I am after MadMonk in this one so let us know where we are...if you have shipped already then that is fine because, as stated, Brent gave at least a lukewarm acquiescence to the trade.

I don't think there is any real debate that that cigar is priced like a box of rape. The point is that is the price. I am totally ok with adopting the line that humidor pricing and packaging does not raise the value of a cigar but if thats the case than the value of the rarer sticks in that set also almost doubles. You better be ready to ship a $70 stick for a chili pepper or a Rising X. Same thing goes from all the other prometheus releases, and for that matter effectively the reserva release habanos. And the festival smokes! Now I am certainly playing devil's advocate because frankly every time someone has put one of the normal coffined opus or a GoF in a special box into my pass for some rare expensive stick I wanted to claw my eyes out. HOWEVER I would advise proceeding cautiously lest you create a precedent you haven't determined the full weight of.

I don't think there is any real debate that that cigar is priced like a box of rape. The point is that is the price. I am totally ok with adopting the line that humidor pricing and packaging does not raise the value of a cigar but if thats the case than the value of the rarer sticks in that set also almost doubles. You better be ready to ship a $70 stick for a chili pepper or a Rising X. Same thing goes from all the other prometheus releases, and for that matter effectively the reserva release habanos. And the festival smokes! Now I am certainly playing devil's advocate because frankly every time someone has put one of the normal coffined opus or a GoF in a special box into my pass for some rare expensive stick I wanted to claw my eyes out. HOWEVER I would advise proceeding cautiously lest you create a precedent you haven't determined the full weight of.

I guess that sums it up best.

Jon, go ahead and get this bad boy boxed up and on the road as soon as you can. Once again, thanks for playing.

Allright! Let's move on to the asshat part of the program: MadMonk...Me...Breedy. This pass is now on a collision course with an epic road of derelicts. Maybe IBQTEE will be kind enough to clean up after us!

Don't lick all the cigars while trying to figure out which ones you want!! Sheesh :love:

Don't lick all the cigars while trying to figure out which ones you want!! Sheesh :love:

C'mon, give him a break! It's not he's just sitting at home or anything!! :sign:

Kidding Dan!

OK, here are my proposed Takes and Puts

Take ----- Put

66 Trinidad Funadore 2007 ----- RyJ Petite Beli EL 2005

71 Monte Edmundo 2008 ----- RA Celestial Finos RE 2009

76 VR Don Alejandro 2007 ----- Partagas Lusitania 2001

77 Cohiba Lancero 2008 ----- Bolivar Especiales No.2 RE Alemania 2009

85 Monte No. 4 2007 ----- Monte No. 2 2008

90 PSD4 2005 ----- Hoyo De Monterey Regalos EL 2007

Take ----- Put

Completely unacceptable. :thumbs:

Take ----- Put

Dan, those all look great. Very generous puts on your parts. Go ahead and get this out to Stu when you get a chance. Thanks for playing along. :thumbs:

OK, small problem with # 85

I just got the Monty 2's in, and after lighting one up this morning, I noticed an odd undertone. It turns out there is a mold issue in the box. Light, but enough to taste, and closer inspection shows mold on several of the feet.

Here is my proposed fix:

Take ---- Put

#85 Monte 4 2007 ---- Cuaba Salomon Oct 2008

OK, small problem with # 85

I just got the Monty 2's in, and after lighting one up this morning, I noticed an odd undertone. It turns out there is a mold issue in the box. Light, but enough to taste, and closer inspection shows mold on several of the feet.

Here is my proposed fix:

Take ---- Put

#85 Monte 4 2007 ---- Cuaba Salomon Oct 2008

That works just fine. I'll update the first post. Thanks Dan.

So THAT'S the Cuban Twang Insight was talking about in my signature line below.... :laugh:

- Tim

No man, have you ever had a Cuban sandwich? Fried lard NOM NOM NOM