• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cp book club

I am glad to see this is still sort of going forward sorry i have not been around much. I may throw some things in the pot in day or 2.

Thanks dd for the bump finished american psyco intense read as promised by many . Not for the faint of heart. The cigar was right on. I had to but the book down for days at a time because it was that disturbing. Ill get in my libary and post up a few. But in the meen time ISO of World War Z.

Thanks dd for the bump finished american psyco intense read as promised by many . Not for the faint of heart. The cigar was right on. I had to but the book down for days at a time because it was that disturbing. Ill get in my libary and post up a few. But in the meen time ISO of World War Z.

Did you see what I meant about page 130? Where he kills the kid at the zoo? Or whatever other thing he did... That's where I stopped reading. It was a classic up until that point. Then he threw it all away with the unnecessary gore. Really, really dumb move on that author's part.

Greggj77, if the Amber Room by John Berry is still availble I love to give it a try. I also have a good selction murder mysteries, adventures and espionage that I can offer up...Nelson DeMille, Richard North Patterson, Kyle Mills, Stephen King....
Let me know
Tom

I was going to wait until after the holidays to bump this but seeing as how Double D did it for me I'll go ahead and state that my offer stills stands. I've got about a half dozen titles from each of the above authors, plus the Amber Room.

Did you see what I meant about page 130? Where he kills the kid at the zoo? Or whatever other thing he did... That's where I stopped reading. It was a classic up until that point. Then he threw it all away with the unnecessary gore. Really, really dumb move on that author's part.
The gore didn't bother me. It was just soo much to process that it was a one chapter at a time read. If you liked hostel or saw this is definitely a book to read. The chapter Day at the park, had nothing on Two Girls. The best part of the book was the causal mentions of gruesome details

I would like to see this keep going but if there is no interest perhaps we should move it to completed.

The gore didn't bother me. It was just soo much to process that it was a one chapter at a time read. If you liked hostel or saw this is definitely a book to read. The chapter Day at the park, had nothing on Two Girls. The best part of the book was the causal mentions of gruesome details

I just found all the gore to be completely unnecessary. The Wall Street culture of the 80s was scary enough. It was well written, well described, and I think on its way to being an all time classic. Then the book does a 180 and turns into a 'Hostel' type horror novel. Fng stupid move on the author's part, that's my .02. I wouldn't be surprised if he was encouraged by publishers to go that route in order to sell more books.

The Day At The Park chapter where he cuts the little kid's throat and throws him behind a trash can like a popsickle wrapper... As a parent and as someone who's job is to help protect children, I found that to be repulsive. It's something that need not ever be written into a work of fiction. I'll never read another thing that wanker wrote. Again, just my .02.

Alas, I hope the book PIF don't die...