• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cubans and Customs

SgtRick

I am returning to the states next month on R&R. I have a few Cubans I'd like to take back (under 50. Does Customs hassle people who take the bands off cigars? I know I can bring in 100 or less without penalty. Does anyone have experience in this field?

I am returning to the states next month on R&R. I have a few Cubans I'd like to take back (under 50. Does Customs hassle people who take the bands off cigars? I know I can bring in 100 or less without penalty. Does anyone have experience in this field?

You may want to check this part again!

Read the bright red letters at the top of the forums, Sarge.

No disrespect to your service, but frankly this is the wrong place to ask for advice on breaking the law.

B.B.S.

Any "cubans" you're getting in Bagdad are likely fake. Even if they're real, they're illegal to have, with or without bands.

Unbanded cigars will be confiscated as you go through customs, also.

I did have one cheapie unbanded smoke (non-cuban w/cello) that the customs guy asked about. I told him he could take it, but it wasn't a cuban. He decided to let me keep it in that scenario, but they are looking. If there had been several unbanded smokes, I think he would have tossed all of them out.

-John

Interesting John. So you would have to prove they are NOT Cuban in order to bring them into the US?

This was a military run customs inspection, so the rules are probably a little different. Pretty sure their rules were not to allow anything unbanded, for the reason referenced in the original question. Obviously there's some leeway, though, as the guy inspecting my stuff let the cheapie through.

John

Put on them some other NC bands :whistling:

Just make a list to know what is what.

FYI

If you fall under the UCMJ and have a Cuban Cigar, one or a 100, you are breaking the law.
IIRC it falls under the US Code Title 50, and several articles of the UCMJ.

I really love hearing from other soldiers stationed around the world that they can buy them legally because they were sold on the base.

t

Whatchamacallit, funny name amazing candy bar. Peanut rice crisps with caramel and coated with chocolate.
blog4image1204.jpg

Edit: wooops wrong thread. /Bonk self.

This Whatchamacallit is obviously fake. Know your source!

Whatchamacallit, funny name amazing candy bar. Peanut rice crisps with caramel and coated with chocolate.
blog4image1204.jpg

Edit: wooops wrong thread. /Bonk self.

To his credit, the band has been removed from said Whatchamacallit bar. Should be good to go.

John....Yea YOU! I doubt first of all you have ever set foot in Iraq much less here in Baghdad. There are other sources available to procure real Cubans. I was looking for information, not lectures or smart ass non-informed comments. You go home every night to your family...I don't. If I want to smoke a Cuban...yes a real Cuban.....I will. I have spent almost 6 years in this country, probably longer than you have had your current job. Stick to what you know something about, which is obviously not Iraq. Lectures are surely not appreciated, but information always is.

John....Yea YOU! I doubt first of all you have ever set foot in Iraq much less here in Baghdad. There are other sources available to procure real Cubans. I was looking for information, not lectures or smart ass non-informed comments. You go home every night to your family...I don't. If I want to smoke a Cuban...yes a real Cuban.....I will. I have spent almost 6 years in this country, probably longer than you have had your current job. Stick to what you know something about, which is obviously not Iraq. Lectures are surely not appreciated, but information always is.

Every one of us appreciates your service to our country. There also happen to be quite a number of posters, John included that have served overseas. So taking the attitude that you have in this post is completely uncalled for. John and the other posters were trying to give you advice on what is and isn't allowed according to the laws regarding cubans as you asked of the community. Good advice as far as I can see. The thread went slightly off track because Jimmy posted in the wrong thread by mistake, no harm no foul there or on the levity afterward.

Seriously!??

First off, John has done his time in those shitty dust bowls, same as you. So, his comments are not non-informed, but first hand knowledge as far as customs, and especially into counterfeit Cuban cigars.

Second, John does go home to his family at night, but who knows, he might be right back in the same shitty dust bowl next week, or next month so don't go making assumptions by his current avatar or status.

I suggest you go back and read through the thread SgtRick, other than one guy posting a candy bar pick trying to be silly, I see no smart ass replies, just advice and info.

Edit: Beat me to it Jay. :)

Well, someone wants to play the "I've been there more than you " card.....

well lets see, I have 4 combat tours to Iraq
so, I am not one of the uninformed....
but IMO any country that cant afford to feed, or secure it's self cant afford to import Cigars.
They barely have power, but they got deals with Habanos S.A. Really???
Not saying that you cant find a real one there, but I would never trust it to be real, that's all I'm saying

Smoke what you like, Like what you smoke, and please feel free to get them home any way you know how.

t

Edit to meet MLA format

well, someone wants to play the "I've been there more than you " card.....

well lets see, i got 4 combat tours to Iraq
so, I am not one of the uninformed....
but IMO any country that cant afford to feed, or secure it's self cant afford to import Cigars.
They barely have power, but they got deals with Habanos S.A. Really???
not saying that you cant find a real one there, but I would never trust it to be real, that's all I'm saying

Smoke what you like, Like what you smoke, and please feel free to get them home any way you know how.

t

Well put.

dc63f_Snooki-Mike-Situation-Jersey-Shore-MTV-350.jpg

You know, opium and heroin is probably cheaper, and of very high quality.

Better to bring that back imo.

John....Yea YOU! I doubt first of all ...

Your assumptions are so far off base, you've made yourself look like an idiot. I'll be waiting over here for your apology.

Thanks for the posts of support, guys. :thumbs:

-John