• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Lord Day 2009

I am so digging that name. Who wants to share a room with me??

That would be me Kristin. The weather is forecasting thunderstorms. It's going to be pouring in Munster. :D

Alright boys and girls, I just spoke to a source regarding the proposed lottery system and he told me they were trying to get things together for that but it doesn't look like it is going as planned so they are going to stick with the way they have done things in the past, first come first serve.

This is good news for anyone traveling to the event. Would of sucked to book your travel and then not get a golden ticket. :0 :thumbs:

This is good news for anyone traveling to the event. Would of sucked to book your travel and then not get a golden ticket. :0 :thumbs:

That is good news for you guys!

Alright boys and girls, I just spoke to a source regarding the proposed lottery system and he told me they were trying to get things together for that but it doesn't look like it is going as planned so they are going to stick with the way they have done things in the past, first come first serve.

Whoo hoo see ya there @ 6:30 am

Good stuff for sure. I would love to make it. Seeing as how my good buddy Tim would be there. He popped my cherry on this tasty brew.

Thanks again Tim.

Good stuff for sure. I would love to make it. Seeing as how my good buddy Tim would be there. He popped my cherry on this tasty brew.

Thanks again Tim.
Just like the Dopeman !!! :sign: :sign: :sign:

How early does the line start? Are there people camping out the night before? Have they made it official as to their policy? Can we set up a tent, grill, etc. Sorry for all the Q's, just want to know what to expect. John

How early does the line start? Are there people camping out the night before? Have they made it official as to their policy? Can we set up a tent, grill, etc. Sorry for all the Q's, just want to know what to expect. John

The event usually “officially” opens around noon but the line starts forming early, probably 5-6 AM. I guess some people might camp out but as long as you get there early it’s really not necessary. There are a couple of tents set up near the entrance where people can share beer with others, but overall there really isn’t a place to put a tent so no need to bring one. The best part of the event is waiting in line, drinking, smoking, laughing - it’s a great time. We just need to plan to be there around 7AM or so and we should have no problem getting a good spot.

Tim and I are considering bringing some camp stoves and small gas grills to tailgate after we get our DL. Is anyone interested in this? I even have some Outlaw Italian Sasuage left.

Also with last years fiasco (people not getting beer) we are nervous with 7:00, we may be there at 6:00. Even if the line is not a problem this would get us our DL earlier if we are going to tailgate.

DL goes on sale at 11:00. I think it's a state or local ordinance that 11:00 is the earliest they can sell.

Last year we got there at 9:30. Alex was already in line or we may have been close to not getting DL. We got our DL at 1:30, they ran out about 4:00. I figure the people that got burned (estimates are 1500 to 2500 people) last year are going be there earlier this year. Alex, what time were you in line last year?

Keith