• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Lord Day 2009

Tim and I are considering bringing some camp stoves and small gas grills to tailgate after we get our DL. Is anyone interested in this? I even have some Outlaw Italian Sasuage left.

Also with last years fiasco (people not getting beer) we are nervous with 7:00, we may be there at 6:00. Even if the line is not a problem this would get us our DL earlier if we are going to tailgate.

DL goes on sale at 11:00. I think it's a state or local ordinance that 11:00 is the earliest they can sell.

Last year we got there at 9:30. Alex was already in line or we may have been close to not getting DL. We got our DL at 1:30, they ran out about 4:00. I figure the people that got burned (estimates are 1500 to 2500 people) last year are going be there earlier this year. Alex, what time were you in line last year?

Keith

I was with Alex (actually I was parking the car, he was getting in line) and I think we got there a little after 9 at the earliest. We thought about getting there earlier but we were too hung over. We should be well rested this year since we will be getting to the hotel mid-day Friday so I think 6 to 6:30 would be fine.

As far as small grills I am all for it. We will be standing in one place for a good 4 or 5 hours so we will have plenty of time to cook. :thumbs:

Well it looks like this seesaw has gone back to the "Golden Ticket" idea. FFF needs to get their shit together, this is getting ridiculous..

Here is the site link, make sure to go register if you plan to attend...
http://www.darklordday.com/

PS: Memo to FFF: Pay someone to make a website that doesn't suck ass! My god.

It appears that there is no attempt to limit people to one registration. I just signed up twice using the same name and different email addresses. I hate to say it but I think that this is going to be a mess. I bet people will be scalping Golden Tickets.

Keith

It doesn't seem to be a lottery. Per the rules, you just provide the email and various other info so they can "keep you posted". The on St. Patricks day they'll open the flood gates for purchase of the tickets, which look to be $10. So if you are able to purchase a ticket, it seems you're guaranteed beer.

It doesn't seem to be a lottery. Per the rules, you just provide the email and various other info so they can "keep you posted". The on St. Patricks day they'll open the flood gates for purchase of the tickets, which look to be $10. So if you are able to purchase a ticket, it seems you're guaranteed beer.

That is how I read it as well. The problem with this is it will allow people who have no plans to attend the event the ability to purchase a golden ticket which they can then turn around and sale. I am sure things will change as the date draws closer, this is already the third time they have gone back and forth with the idea.

That makes sense I skimmed it and assumed it would be a lottery. I wonder if the site to purchase tickets will crash?

That is how I read it as well. The problem with this is it will allow people who have no plans to attend the event the ability to purchase a golden ticket which they can then turn around and sale. I am sure things will change as the date draws closer, this is already the third time they have gone back and forth with the idea.

Yep, I'm betting you'll see tickets being sold on ebay for way more then $10.

They could prevent people from selling the Golden Ticket to someone else by making you show up with ID and the credit card you used to purchase the Golden Ticket. Also, there is some limiting factor on how much someone would pay for the opportunity to purchase the beer. Would I give someone $20, sure. Would I give them $100, no way. This is very good beer, but there are a lot of very good beers out there. The one thing I like about this system is I will know whether or not I need to make the trip, although it sounds like the trip is most of the fun. Either way, I won't have to be in Munster at the crack of dawn.

What a joke. Well at least We can drink good beers all day long. And some DLD from Last years Im bringing along!

If you go to darklorddays.com you can read the instructions where you'll find that you have to register for golden tickets and if you wind up with tickets you can either go to dark lord days or stay home. I'm going whether i get tickets or not. :whistling:

I'm hoping to make out there this year. Ticket or not. Hopefully the former though.

Ok is it just me or do you click on everything that is going on and it just goes away after 5 seconds. Where do I register???

Okay, I've held myself back from asking for this long because I don't want to seem like I am trying to take advantage of anyone, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me here and I really want to try out this beer. If it is not too much of a hassle I would very much appreciate if someone can pick me up a bottle or two while at the event. If it is too much to ask then please forget I did, but I would greatly appreciate it. Let me know if anyone can help me out, and if not it's really not a big deal, the word will still continue to turn! (I hope :sign: )

and if not it's really not a big deal, the word will still continue to turn! (I hope :sign: )

I used to think that..

...then I drank the DL :laugh: :sign:

They haven released how many bottles each person will be able to get, so NO ONE will be committing any bottles away yet.

and if not it's really not a big deal, the word will still continue to turn! (I hope :sign: )

I used to think that..

...then I drank the DL :laugh: :sign:

They haven released how many bottles each person will be able to get, so NO ONE will be committing any bottles away yet.

Well in that case, for the sake of humanity, maybe I shouldn't drink it. Because if I do, and love it, and can't get more, it is quite possible the world will stop turning! However, if they do release enough bottles for anyone who is going to enjoy and anyone has a spare they would be willing to part with I would love to try it. Maybe next year I'll have to re-arrange my schedule to be able to attend!