• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Lord Day 2009

I received the email today. They seemed to ramble on a bit. Do I need to get up early in the morning on St Patties day and stand by the computer? Can I camp out the night before? Should I bring a grill? John

I received the email today. They seemed to ramble on a bit. Do I need to get up early in the morning on St Patties day and stand by the computer? Can I camp out the night before? Should I bring a grill? John

Yes to all! :sign:

I will more than likely be in attendance. If I do go, consider it done, Justin.

Any updates Jeff? If you aren't going I need to start harassing Alex and Jonas mercilessly! :laugh:

Well, piss.

I completely spaced this and am busy next week. I will not be in attendance. :(

Maybe next year.

DLD is not this week. Tuesday is when you can buy the Golden Ticket. DLD is April 25th.

It looks like that you better get up VERY early or stay up all night. The second email arrived with more little clues about the tickets.

If this is the weekend of April 25th I'll be in chi-town. Hopefully be able to do this.

Alright guys and gals, just made my hotel reservation. My boys from Denver can't make it so there are 2 spots open in the room with Alex and I for the 24th and 25th. Lemme know if you want in and I can give you the details. :thumbs:

It looks like I'll be able to make it. I'll be driving down that Saturday morning. Just got to make sure I get a golden ticket tonight (midnight). This is going to be great.

Anyone have any info on this????

gallery_3387_8_1491.jpg

(Munster, IN) - The collaboration thing really went into full swing last year and that trend is continuing, especially with these two brewers. Three Floyds Brewing, who previously teamed up with Mikkeller on two beers, joined up with Dogfish Head, who is working on another beer with the Beer Advocate duo, to produce a beer that will come out this April called Popskull.

From The Chicagoist’s report last week, “Described as an “Old School, German Brown Ale with Palo Santo Wood and Botanicals,” 60 barrels of Popskull will be distributed in limited release around the time of DarkLord Day 2K9 [...]” And one RateBeerian implies that the beer is currently on tap now under the name, Bird o Prey, at Three Floyds Brewing in Indiana.

Previous Three Floyds collaborations with Mikkeller: Hvedegoop (released at Dark Lord Day ‘08) and Havregoop.

As for the DFH-BA beer name voting, it looks it will be named “Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right BA Select” and it is a landslide. Beer to be poured at the now-sold-out Extreme Beer Fest in Boston next month.

It seems as though this has slipped under the radar a bit, which is surprising when two top brewers collaborate on a beer. Sam Calagione of Dogfish travelled to Three Floyds to brew a new beer with Nick Floyd. This new beer will be called Popskull, which is an old reference to moonshine. The beer is described as, "Old School, German Brown Ale with Palo Santo Wood and Botanicals." There will be 60 barrels of this one brewed and distributed at Dark Lord Day 2009. This is similar to the situation last year with Hvedegoop, Three Floyds/Mikkeller collaboration that was released last year's Dark Lord Day. I'm not sure Dark Lord Day needs anymore hype, but this beer will likely bring more. It does sound like you won't have to go to DLD for this one though, as it will also reportedly be headed to Louis Glunz Beer to be distributed. There are conflicting reports as to if this new beer was available for the first samples at the recent Dogfloydapalooza. Lot of uncertainty around this beer, but one thing is for sure, it should be interesting.

I am coming home from San Diego on the 24th at like 5:30. Is anyone driving down later on the 24th or early on the 25th?? Let me know.

Kristin

I got my Golden Tickets. I got 4 in-case my Dad goes. If he does not I'll have 2 extra if someone does not get any.