• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does smoking relieve stress?

taylorsmithily

Some people smoke as 'self-medication' to ease feelings of stress. However, research has shown that smoking actually increases anxiety and tension. Nicotine creates an immediate sense of relaxation, so people smoke in the belief it reduces stress and anxiety.

1620028743907.png

I don't know if the OP is serious, or not so, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here.
I smoked Marlboros reds for 24 years, and I honestly don't believe they helped me get rid of stress.
I think cigarettes actually increased my stress level.

Cigars for me are completely different so, when I enjoy a cigar I typically become much more relaxed.
So, IMHO cigars are great for relieving stress.

Whatever the guy is smoking in the OP photo likely has very little, to no nicotine. Just a guess.

YMMV

I don't know if the OP is serious, or not so, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here.
I smoked Marlboros reds for 24 years, and I honestly don't believe they helped me get rid of stress.
I think cigarettes actually increased my stress level.

Cigars for me are completely different so, when I enjoy a cigar I typically become much more relaxed.
So, IMHO cigars are great for relieving stress.

Whatever the guy is smoking in the OP photo likely has very little, to no nicotine. Just a guess.

YMMV
Since you are so kind as to give the benefit of the doubt, I will do the same because I sense that you still don't grasp what this site is about.

If you take the time to check, you will see that the OP has a grand total of 5 posts, every one of which has been spam, in the wrong forum, simply an opinion with zero regard for the rules here or the intent of this site, absolutely no attempt to be part of the family, etc. Much like you have done countless times. If you can understand why this forum has no interest in such a person as the OP, and why the members here look out for the site by self moderation, maybe you will begin to understand why your shenanigans have been so unwelcome.

Since you are so kind as to give the benefit of the doubt, I will do the same because I sense that you still don't grasp what this site is about.

If you take the time to check, you will see that the OP has a grand total of 5 posts, every one of which has been spam, in the wrong forum, simply an opinion with zero regard for the rules here or the intent of this site, absolutely no attempt to be part of the family, etc. Much like you have done countless times. If you can understand why this forum has no interest in such a person as the OP, and why the members here look out for the site by self moderation, maybe you will begin to understand why your shenanigans have been so unwelcome.
I've put him on ignore as he doesn't get what CP is all about! This is a first for me in all the year's I've been here

I don't know. But I used to be stressed many times because of work. That made me extremely tired. I had a lot of negative emotions and thoughts that kept coming to me. I was from a healthy 92kg person to only 68kg. My body was like a dead body, mentally sluggish. I used to find a lot of ways to reduce stress by taking antidepressants, going to bed early, doing easy exercise, but nothing changed. Seeing me like that, my girlfriend was very worried and asked all over the forums. Someone told me to listen to relaxing music combined with yoga and meditation. My girlfriend said that I could give it a try. Miraculously, I felt like I was immersed in music. My soul was cleansed, all worries disappeared. I didn’t expect the way to deal with stress was so simple. I’m not sure if this will work for everyone, but hopefully, someone who is stressed can give it a try to clear their mind. Thank Clara so much! The playlists I usually listen to: Relaxing Music (I removed the link because people thought it was spam. If you really need a playlist, message me)

Last edited:
I don't know. But I used to be stressed many times because of work. That made me extremely tired. I had a lot of negative emotions and thoughts that kept coming to me. I was from a healthy 92kg person to only 68kg. My body was like a dead body, mentally sluggish. I used to find a lot of ways to reduce stress by taking antidepressants, going to bed early, doing easy exercise, but nothing changed. Seeing me like that, my girlfriend was very worried and asked all over the forums. Someone told me to listen to relaxing music combined with yoga and meditation. My girlfriend said that I could give it a try. Miraculously, I felt like I was immersed in music. My soul was cleansed, all worries disappeared. I didn’t expect the way to deal with stress was so simple. I’m not sure if this will work for everyone, but hopefully, someone who is stressed can give it a try to clear their mind. Thank Clara so much! The playlists I usually listen to: Relaxing Music
Oh gee! New guy just shows up out of the blue and immediately post a link in someone else’s spam thread. Let me click on it.... Not today Sauron!

Oh gee! New guy just shows up out of the blue and immediately post a link in someone else’s spam thread. Let me click on it.... Not today Sauron!
I apologize if you feel this is spam. I just want to share my experience. If you feel uncomfortable I will remove the link