• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Election 2004 Pass

All good points made by MMM (again) regarding pass "etiquette".
:thumbs:
What I can't figure out is how we got so focused on the money/rarity/exclusivity. I know
that there have been some really rarified passes in the recent past, maybe that's it. I dunno. :(

I guess there're always going to be problems from time to time. And of course things change over time, so there's no point bemoaning the past.

MAYBE it goes back to the "dump the Trader's Forum, it's all blowing smoke anyway"
thread. That seems to have been a benchmark in the way this board feels/felt whatever.

I think people have forgotten what it means to play in a pass. It's supposed to be fun. To have fun, you gotta start with fundamentals... and the fundamentals of any pass, trade, or transaction is BE FAIR.

It just seems that recent passes have all been rather cut and dry as to avoid potential controversey. Kind of reminds me of the plate lunches that public schools serve. It's the same monotonous stuff everyday. Nobody gets excited one way or the other. What happened to the passes that people just couldn't wait to see what would be played next? That kind of good excitement has given way to the "can't wait to see what poor schmuck screws up and gets his lid blown off." :(

Let's get back to having fun. That's why we're all here for anyways, right? Heck, if I want drama and general bitching and moaning, I'd just listen to my gf and her friends. :p

On a side note... that darn BTL. Seems to cause trouble no matter what pass its in. :sign:

If this pass hasn't been shipped to Mesa, AZ yet, please skip it and send it to the next victim.
For weeks I have been reading this thread....and although I agree a LOT of valid points were made....there seems to be ZERO fun going on. Maybe it should have been titled, "The No Bitching About P/Ts PASS"
I can almost feel the fright of my fellow BOTLs when they post their P/Ts. My opinion probably doesn't amount to much since I'm still pretty new here. My first 2 passes went very smoothly, and no one complained about anything. This thing has been plagued since almost the beginning.

A note to our host...
Thanks CC for allowing me into your pass. Don't know if I'll finish this one out or not, but I hope you'll allow me into your next "fun" pass.

Lastly, I don't know who said it, but I agree with the statement that we should police ourselves. People who make an honest attempt to be honorable with their P/Ts shouldn't be cut to pieces just because someone else doesn't like it. A simple PM would go a long way. Everyone knows or can easily find out the value of what the P/Ts are, and we don't need the peanut gallery to post prices on the thread like a panel of judges. Otherwise why not change CP from CigarPass to CigarPolice.
Hope no one is offended, as I made damn sure not to single out any specific person(s).

Robert

You guys are amazing! This is total bullsh*t!! This critiquing of P/T’s is getting out of hand! This should not even be a question! The answer is IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER JOINED THE PASS TO BEGIN WITH! IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PASS AND DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO, DROP OUT! I am not going to waist my time repeating myself so I will just end that thought there!

Oh, and Misc. You playing Bill by making a point with his pass and trying to be his best friend in the same line is even low for your standards. You use him to score some fine cigars and screwed him with the crap you put in. worthless piece of garbage! :sneaky:

I'm sorry Bill if I got out of line, but I consider you a friend and i don't like when my friends get fu*ked! :angry:

JOE.M. said:
You guys are amazing! This is total bullsh*t!! This critiquing of P/T’s is getting out of hand!
Oh, and Misc. You playing Bill by making a point with his pass and trying to be his best friend in the same line is even low for your standards. You use him to score some fine cigars and screwed him with the crap you put in. worthless piece of garbage! :sneaky:
What...
The...
F u c k?

And welcome ladies and gentlemen to "As the **** Flies" :0

Just trying to lighten it up in here guys! :D :p

JOE.M. said:
ok...this is outta hand. joe how can you be critical of people's complaining about PTs and then lay into misc?

misc i thought your PTs were great...especially the monte EL.

barney

Simple ... Joe thinks your "back in the day" approach wasn't very cordial. And your reply was the exact thing we are trying to avoid board wide.

Servebig .... your barking up the wrong tree!

servebig said:
ok...this is outta hand. joe how can you be critical of people's complaining about PTs and then lay into misc?

misc i thought your PTs were great...especially the monte EL.

barney
What Monte EL...I hope you're being sarcastic :p

Misc said:
* I felt kind-a bad about taking both the VSG and the Anejo and only putting back medium-level cigars (but who could resist those two?!) -- so I put a MonteCristo Limited Edition ISOM into the Havana bucket. Hopefully, that makes up for it.
right there cliff...maybe a few people missed it

Ahhhhhh....That makes the puts/takes a little better now. May'be if it was actually listed as a put/take and not in a paragraph then more people wouldn't be bitchin' ;)

Well ladies until you have the slightest clue on the history of this board or the slights clue as to what you are talking about you should think twice before opening your mouths. No the Monti does not equal up to the 2 that were taken, yea its nice but just wrap your little minds around this. Besides a few of the members who are in this pass do you have anything to put if you were to take that stick? The point being that it would be the proper way to put equals to the 2 sticks so others can do the same. And yes I feel I can criticize any P/T I want! I made the offer to help as did Mike if I remember but nobody has knocked at my door! So until I am told by the host not I will do as I please! I also don't see what I said as a nock on people who complain about P/T's, it was more like this, AND I GUESS I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF BECAUSE YOU DID NOT READ MY FULL POST " IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING... GET OUT OF THE PASS". Another little barb for you ladies, I have been around here for some time now, I took the time to learn the proper way, I took the time to respect all the members who took the time to help me and teach me and I have been very adamant about sticking up for "my" BOTL! So before you try and jump ugly with me, you better wear a helmet! :sneaky: And I would wear a vest before getting in the ring with Mike! ;)

joe...relax...breathe. lets not ad any fuel to an already raging fire...i love ya man (but you cant have my bud light) ;)

my point was not to say that you had no right to criticism...you do! you are a member of CP...in fact you have been here longer than most (including me).

my point in posting was to tell you that IMHO it doest ring true to start your post by calling all the criticism bull**** and then criticize (to puy it nicely) yourself.

i dont want to argue the point of whether miscs PTs were good, bad or indiferent. i have my opinion and you have yours! hey they are like assholes, we all have em, right?

barney-who just lifted up his gut and found a dick (so he knows he's not a lady) :D

While everyone is in their corners between rounds would someone please post the value of the Monte limited for my education and some history/facts about it? I am trying to learn more about isoms.

Servebig ... you know exactly what me and Joe are saying! Frankly I was suprised when you tried your first puts and takes after this post by you was brought to my attention from your own pass.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=129669

You shouldn't have had to be told nothing at all ... now should you. Maybe you had a brain fart. And as for your comments about leaving your passers alone. No worries mate. I wouldn't dream of it. PAL ! fakey ;) wink

Fitting there is so much controversy in an election pass. :)

Hanging chads, anyone?