• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favourite Morning ISOM Smoke

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
Let's assume you're sitting with a morning Americano at a resort in Cuba, that had a cigar shop with decent stock, what would be your choice for a smoke?

How about a Boli CE and some of those fresh ground local coffee beans.

ERDM lunch club, Trini reyes or PLPC. All damn fine with a cup-o-joe. (IMO)

I had a Hoyo Du Prince '98 on the way to the PACNW herf last year with a cup of Killer Beans that was unreal. I also enjoy Monte 4s a lot with coffee.

A Ramon Allones Small Club Corona, A Cohiba Siglo I, A PLPC....any would do in a pinch..... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Whatever I am in the mood for. Some mornings I want a gentle friend to accompany my morning reverie (ERdM Lunch Club, Quai D'Orsay Coronas Claro, Bolivar Lonsdale). Other mornings, I want a firecracker of an eye-opener to accompany a strong coffee (Partagas Shorts, Trinidad Reyes, Cuaba Divinos). And other times, I want something long and complex that I can work on with a good book (Partagas SdC 2, ERdM Grandes de Espana, LGC MdO 3).

IMO, it's a bit of a fallacy that there is such a thing, in general, as a "morning" cigar.

Wilkey

IMO, it's a bit of a fallacy that there is such a thing, in general, as a "morning" cigar.

Wilkey

I've never been in the mood for anything strong or spicey in the morning personally, so I guess like most things, it comes down to personal preference.

For me it would have to be the PLPC. Alex gave me one from a 2000 box and it was fanfukintastic.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the San Cristobal - El Principe.
This a great little cigar with a strong cup of coffee.

I haven't smoke more than 5 or 6 different Types of ISOM but the Monte Cristo #2 would be a wonderful choice to go along side a fresh cup of Kona coffee.

Mark

Hoyo De Monterey Petit Robusto. nice and small for a great commute smoke.

Wilkey

I've never been in the mood for anything strong or spicey in the morning personally, so I guess like most things, it comes down to personal preference.

That's my thoughts exactly. My tastes between morning and evening are exactly opposite. Many of the suggested smokes, I've never have the pleasure, which is why I asked. But the Reyes, while I love 'em as an evening smoke, I don't think I'd enjoy in the morning first thing.

Satch, a Monte A?? Jeez dude, that's a smoke to take you past lunch!!! :laugh:

Thanks all for the responses, appreciate it!!!

ERDM PC is my favorite but I also enjoy a Siglo II, SLR PC, QdO Coronas or ERDM Panatelas Largas.

Can we stop typing "ISOM"? It's so juvenile. Just say "Cuban", it's only one more letter!

Sorry, it's a pet peeve.

Mine for AM is the Trinidad Reyes. Seems to balance quite nicely with a cup or two of coffee.

A mature Boli PC or a cohiba lancero would suit me just fine.