• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For all the nay-sayers out there

It still seems is was quickly swept under the rug...until the cleaning crew finally arrived. ;)

Where'd everybody go? Oh well. Hey fllbrent, hope you're out of peanut butter & crackers. Looks like the show is over.
I'm off to bed.
Thanks for all the fun. I hope my posts have helped to answer some of the questions that were out there. I also hope some people now see that no matter what I do, there are certain people out there that will never be satisfied. There is just no pleasing some people.
Oh well,
Dave ;)

:0 All this hate and hostility! I think I'm going to cancel my cable subscription now! :p

Nice try Dave. You're credibility is shot.

DaveWF said:
I never said it was the right decision, or even a good one.  In fact, I think I said it was the wrong thing to do.  The deleting I did was done in haste and the wrong thing to do.
What I did do that was at least the right thing to do, was immediately start shipping legal copies (i.e. with hardware).  I never said I was above reproach, but I have corrected what I was doing wrong with the business.

Thanks for chiming in!  ;)

Dave
Alright, I can't resist....all the lying makes you such an easy target.

First, BS again. Your existing locked for sale post is still misleading. You STILL state that you're sending only CDs and that these are legal copies. I would think that if I were a businessman that had been providing flase information about the lagality of my product I'd post an addendum AT THE TOP something like "These are now fully legal and will arrive with hardware per federal law. DWFComputers apologizes for any confusion."

Dave you're the same "IS Professional" that tried to sell/trade your BOOTLEG copies of the Fuente DVD! (and undercut Moki's legit DVD threrad in one swoop) BTW, you did this after you "changed your ways" and learned the laws from the Norton experience.

Oops...now that I'm pointing that out, you'll say you imediately realized you were wrong and that you actually went out and purchased the Forbidden X DVD set for all the BOTL's that ordered from you. :lookup:
Until next lie...ahem...I mean time.

I hope a few of us have answered your question of what you've done to deserve this wrath. ;)

Cheers,
Dixie

Leebo8-9-8 said:
This is now the third time Leebo that your post has stated that "I'm done for", or "My good is cooked" or "I'm backpeddling".
I have to disagree. I think you're using your influence to try and sway others opinoins with no basis in fact. I noticed you were doing a bit of backpeddling when your editorial values were put in question. Does that mean you're done for, and your goose is cooked too? Or does that just mean that once again, it makes on difference what I do - you and your fellow hate-mongerers just want to see me go down?

DaveWF said:
....with no basis in fact.
<snicker>

Dave...you've already owned up to a bunch of this (the rest can pretty much all be found using the search function)...........yet you now claim it's not factual. Whoch is it?

Cheers,
Dixie

No one's integrity is in question except yours Dave. :D

dixieland_conjunction said:
First, BS again. Your existing locked for sale post is still misleading. You STILL state that you're sending only CDs and that these are legal copies. I would think that if I were a businessman that had been providing flase information about the lagality of my product I'd post an addendum AT THE TOP something like "These are now fully legal and will arrive with hardware per federal law. DWFComputers apologizes for any confusion."

Dave you're the same "IS Professional" that tried to sell/trade your BOOTLEG copies of the Fuente DVD! (and undercut Moki's legit DVD threrad in one swoop) BTW, you did this after you "changed your ways" and learned the laws from the Norton experience.

Oops...now that I'm pointing that out, you'll say you imediately realized you were wrong and that you actually went out and purchased the Forbidden X DVD set for all the BOTL's that ordered from you. :lookup:
Until next lie...ahem...I mean time.

I hope a few of us have answered your question of what you've done to deserve this wrath. ;)

Cheers,
Dixie
Ok, here we go again....
I did not feel the need to edit the post as the matter you had originally brought up was now rectified. You can of course think whatever you want, but I felt no need to post an addendum.

As was pointed out here, I apparently have 2 separate personalities on CP. DWF Computers was not doing any of the DVD work. That had nothing to do with the business. Also, I was not doing this to make a profit. I did it to provide a personal copy for anyone interested. Now I'm sure Lee or some other hate-mongerer will chime in saying I only did it for the cigars. If I remember correctly (I'll check when I have more time later) when I initially brought up the idea of providing copies, it was someone elses idea to trade cigars for it. I certainly wasn't going to turn them down. And if it was me that brought up the idea for copies, I seem to remember that I asked for a cigar in return. Is one cigar that much to ask for in return the work that I was putting into them? I believe Neal (or Neil, I'm still not sure) said it cost me $1 and 10 seconds to do these. Well, once again he's spouting off at the mouth before using his brain. The blank DVD are about a buck apiece. I also labeled and printed custom labels on them. Put them in padded mailers that were about a buck apiece and then shipped them with between 80 cents and $1.20 postage depending on whether it had a paper or hard case. Sure, it's not much of a difference, but if Neal (oh wait, am I supposed to be calling him little nealie now - someone please let me know) is going to try and quote facts, he should at least try and get the facts straight.

And if you want to get into the whole legality of the DVDs, shall I bring up the legality of all the ISOMs that are discussed freely on here? Everyone is happy to look the other way for those because it's a service to our fellow members. That's what I was providing too, a service to anyone interested.

Sheesh,
Dave

Leebo8-9-8 said:
No one's integrity is in question except yours Dave. :D
See, there's another one of those posts. You have been a respected member here for a long time and you're just hoping that your blanket statement will be followed blindly. How many more of these are you going to make? People are starting to see you for what you really are now, be careful.

Can I start making single line posts about you too?

Dave...you've already owned up to a bunch of this (the rest can pretty much all be found using the search function)...........yet you now claim it's not factual. Whoch is it?
Man, there's just no end to my replies this morning...

If by "owning up to a bunch of this", you mean trying to explain the facts without Lee & Neal (or Neil - c'mon people, help me out here) putting their little spin on it, or in your situation admitting that I was in fact wrong and apologizing for it. Then yes. I've been doing a lot of "owning up to a bunch of this"

Dave

DaveWF said:
Leebo8-9-8 said:
This is now the third time Leebo that your post has stated that "I'm done for", or "My good is cooked" or "I'm backpeddling".
I have to disagree. I think you're using your influence to try and sway others opinoins with no basis in fact. I noticed you were doing a bit of backpeddling when your editorial values were put in question. Does that mean you're done for, and your goose is cooked too? Or does that just mean that once again, it makes on difference what I do - you and your fellow hate-mongerers just want to see me go down?
Let's find out...

It's not open for discussion. Blind voting.

Based on you predictions...There will be only 3-4 negative reviews (the "Hate-Monger" crew)

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=8984

Cheers,
Dixie

And can you tell me that you don't have a post in your "exclusive" forum over at your other board prompting people on how to vote?
Yeah, I'll believe this poll.

<sigh> you go ahead and play your games. I have to get ready for work. I'll be back for more entertainment later today.

Dave ;)

DaveWF said:
Since I've been asked to raise another point here......

It is inexcusable what happened in this thread:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=7953&

Dave, first, IMO, if you're going to be a mod your first priority should be to moderate and contribute to the wealth of cigar knowledge, not promote your personal business.  If you want to sell stuff, cool :thumbs: (seriously, I think this is fine :))....but don't let it interfere with your commitment to the board.

The rules clearly state that all retailers should post in Hot Cigar Deals.  You posted in Buy/Sell/Trade as a retailer on seperate occasions.

In the linked thread I asked you what hardware was included.  You replied "none."  I stated a few laws as a caveat to potential buyers that what they would be receiving would not be legal copies (OEM software MUST come with OE to be legal - that's why it's discounted!).    I believe this is important point for someone who might have expected to reap the benefits of a legal copy (e.g. registration, tech support, updates, etc.)

This was a 100% FACTUAL public service announcement. 

I didn't even say you shouldn't sell them, yet you then deleted my posts (which only a mod can do) despite the fact I didn't break a SINGLE rule!

Then you LOCKED the thread! (again, which only a mod can do)  Then you KEPT posting and editing the thread when the rest of us couldn't!!!!!!!!  Come on Dave.  :angry: If this isn't abuse of moderating powers for personal gain, I don't know what is.

Please explain your actions (since this is all out in the open anyway).

And for any smarta$$es.....I PM'd Dave about this when it happened.  When you're a moderator, your actions should be up for public scrutiny....it's an apointed position.  A mod should be a role-model BOTL!

Cheers,
Dixie
<sigh> another pile-on-er

First I must ask, if it was so important, why did you not bring this up earlier.... you had to be asked to do it. Gee, I wonder who did the asking...?

Anyway, in response to:
The rules clearly state that all retailers should post in Hot Cigar Deals. You posted in Buy/Sell/Trade as a retailer on seperate occasions.
Before you get all high and mightly, how 'bout you read the ENTIRE description?
"HOT Cigar Deals
Post any Hot Cigar Deal you know of. This forum is also open to Retail Cigar Shops..."
You can look as hard as you'd like - I don't sell cigars. Even the very name of the forum, "Hot CIGAR Deals". Sheesh. Now on to the next one...
"Buy/Sell/Trade & Group Purchases
Feel free to post "For Sale", "Want" and "Trade" ads here. Also a good place to make a group purchase."
Hmmmmm, what was I doing again? Oh yeah, that's right, posting a "For Sale" message. See, I even put it in quotes, just like the description has it.

As far as your claim about OEM software, you are absolutely 100% correct. I was unaware of that when I made my original post. After seeing your post, I immediately corrected my ways and now do, in fact, ship or deliver hardware (as you put, OE) with my software.
Regarding your claims of editing your message, yep - I did that too. After seeing the error in my ways, I determined that your post, even it was clarified by a reply by me, was detrimental to me and my business. Because of that I did remove the post and locked the thread. It was wrong and I aplogize for it. If you'd like, I'd be happy to unlock the thread, but I believe it's a moot point now.

I just got an email notification... seems our illustrious SamClemmons is once again engaging mouth before putting brain in gear. You said you wanted to bet me? Ok smart guy - I'll take that bet. Guess what, YOU LOSE! Before you go spouting off at the mouth doing everything you can to pile on, how 'bout you check your facts first? Tell me, did you bother to actually ask Moki if he's been contacted? I gather not. Did you bother to actually contact Lbrief to find out if I contacted him? I'm thinking "no". If you had bothered to use your brain, you would have found out that I contacted Moki as soon as I saw the post. I have, in fact been in the process of working out an arrangement with both Moki & Lbrief since the time I found out about it. But noooooooo, it seems like it's more important to sully Dave's reputation then it is to get your facts straight. But that's how it's always been with you, hasn't it? One other thing, why the childish name calling? Are you trying to get a rise out of me? Should I be calling you sammy, or neilie? Can you please explain this sudden trend of childish name calling?

Speaking of childish, I might as well drag honorable Lee in to this.... Lee, you said you would never censor or edit anything on your board. Hmmmm, isn't banning an IP censoring your memberlist? Sounds like you're looking a bit two-faced now, doesn't it? You said it "This will remain in effect until domain name rights have been turned over to the owner of this site" First of all, according to your self-appointed non-editing morals, you have no ground to do this. Secondly, didn't you get the email from the domain registrar? It's out of my hands now. I already passed permission over to you. If you're not the owner yet, it's your own fault - not mine.

fllbrent: I'm glad we can all find this a bit entertaining.

Dave :D
Oh MY GOD. So you contacted Moki as soon as you found out... cool. It was the right thing to do. Why'd it take, what, 6 or 8 MONTHS before you found out they hadn't recieved your cigars? You didn't know because you didn't send them and you didn't have to follow up. That's pretty clear. The odds against both these guys NOT recieving the cigars you say you sent are astronomical. You didn't address this time issue and I know why... You are lying. Oh, and I never said I wanted to bet you in particular. I wouldn't since you lie and can't be trusted.
I posted your transgressions on the trade board long before Dixie said anything and I was completely unaware of that particular slight of hand you pulled. That was certainly one you couldn't lie your way out of. Your buddy PB showed up huh? Nice. Kindred Spirits. I am sort of illustrious aren't I? I'm blushing here.
Sully your reputation? SULLY YOUR REPUTATION???? If that was what this is about I would leave that to you. You are auto self-sullying.
Childish name calling? What? Your not Davey? Who are you? Davey's evil twin? Geez LOOOeeeze, I didn't call you a scheming little bitch here, I called you davey. The former would have been name calling had I done it, the latter is addressing you by your given name. Pay attention. And you may of course call me what you wish to call me since I always consider the source.

You've lost control of your make believe world little fella, in the future always tell the truth... it's easier to remember.

NA

Nice try, Dave. It has nothing to do with me putting my spin on it. I had you pegged a while back, but still didn't think badly of you. But I gave you a chance and used you for web hosting and I have seen the real you now. You're here to help Dave, period! Not a true BOTL, but here to profit from BOTL's.

These guys don't need my spin to figure that out. Hell, they're popping up left and right now Dave. It's YOU they have issues with. It's YOU who seems to have used your moderator privs to delete evidence of your misdoings after you were called on them. You still don't seem to get it I guess....

You're a pretty sad sack in my book. You can try to dodge the bullet all you like, but we all know who the POS is here. :D

DaveWF said:
And can you tell me that you don't have a post in your "exclusive" forum over at your other board prompting people on how to vote?
Yeah, I'll believe this poll.

<sigh> you go ahead and play your games. I have to get ready for work. I'll be back for more entertainment later today.

Dave ;)
I'll be damned. You REALLY DO believe we're "out to get you" don't you? ???

Chers,
Dixie

There's no such thread there. Where's my little buddy???

Here he is...
violin-vi.gif

In the interest of full disclosure here is the offending post that started all this.

Please note the lack of any identifying names, this post is verbatim.

Since I Am
The MAN
and since I am a greedy, closet mooch and since I've got all these newbies fooled and since I have the blessing of the "powers that be" and since none of the old guys will speak against me and since I am, after all, a lower form of life. I think I'll...

Start a box pass. Yeah. And I can put a bunch of mid and low range sticks in it and I can tell everybody they have to "put" BETTER than they "take" (newbies are so stupid and generous they'll never notice) and by the time it gets back to me I will have doubled the quality of cigars in my humidor for the cost of postage on the box once. Wait! I can add another rule where only one cigar can be taken that I didn't put in there that way all the good ones will get back to me... I'm gonna do this right now...

Okay, they noticed and the pass tanked.

Hmmmm the Fuente DVD PIF thread... hmmm... Those guys are having way too much fun sending cigars and a DVD to each other and building friendships where I am not the focus of attention not to mention the focus of all those cigars getting sent to other guys and going to waste..... I've got it. I'll turn this dvd pay it forward into DVD Pay it To MEEEE! For roughly a buck and ten seconds work I can have all these mooks sending me the cigars.

Hey guys, what's up? You know I have a DVD burner...

Beeeeutiful. Worked like a charm. I am rolling in stogies. Genius is such a burden.

Hmmm... My baby was just born and I know that new daddy's usually have a contest of some type but I really have no intention of sending any of these slobs my fine cigars... That's it! The NO CONTEST contest. If I do this just right I can I can have these guys sending ME cigars instead of the way it's usually done.

Uh guys. I don't have any cigars to send, I'm down to my last few, and I don't have any money being a new dad and all and well, instead of a contest I'll just have to tell you...

(Note to self. Great response though no cigars yet. Remember to state pathetically as possible that there is NO PRIZE when you hold a contest.)

Gonna have to post something that'll keep the admiration for me going without costing me anything and... wait, that's it! The NO Prize Contest. Perfect.

Not much response on this. Just my usual groupies.

Need a little quick cash... hmmm... I know I'm a retailer but nobody looks at that thread. Bet I could ge away with selling some stuff in the trade room...

"Refill Ink Cartridges Cheap"

Damn, nobody said a word about me posting this here and the cash is rolling in.,. hmmmm.

"Norton Firewall, Virus protection"

Worked like a charm. Selling these things separately for twice the price of the combined package on EBAY. I am, of course, a genius at this. God I'm great and still nobody notices that a retailer is selling in the trade room PEEEERfect.

Shoot. I hate my logo and the Chamber's book is coming out... maybe I can con these morons into designing me a logo for nothing. Hey, maybe I can con them into designing my WHOLE add for nothing... Worth a shot.

Okay guys, It's the "BEST Logo designer NO prize contest"

They're going for it! I got logo's out the Whazooo and if I keep panning them they'll keep designing them. Lemmings! It's so great to have my own personal band of broth... uh, marks to feed off of.

Man that was the greatest slight of hand yet. I even got ol' Moki to pay actual cash to have some of this stuff done. Cool.

Whoah, this is a great website I just stumbled into, free computer stuff just for scamming guys to sign on to all this ripoff stuff. Hmmm, I'll have to put a disclaimer on this one just in case.

Uh guys, I found this website and they're giving stuff away! Now this may be a scam but it could be REAL good for all of us (and by "us" I mean "ME" of course). We'll all get free stuff just for backing each others play (and by "We" I mean "Me" of course). Since I found it I'm first ( by "I" and "I'm" I mean "NOT YOU" of course)
so just follow this link I'm providing and allow yourselves to be sucked in to the "Let's all benefit ****!) Who? Oh. He's not here!

And all these fools flood to the brink and throw themselves into the abyss just for me. It's all about me after all. I need, so you give and it's not my fault I need, I just do so leave me alone and don't question my motives cause unless you are incredibly stupid you already know what my motives are... Generosity only goes one way at my house. HAH!

Need a few more guys to drink the coolade... hmmmm... Got it! I'll give them something that I already have and will never use but it's a business expense and I already have it! Bandwidth. Of course, anyone with an ISP account already has free bandwicth included in their contract but these people are soooo stupid I'll bet not one of them knows it.

'Free Web hosting... well almost free, all you have to do is...'

Wait!
'Free Domain Names'
Well not exactly free, say $5.00 or $10.00 bucks if you want one. I mean it isn't free and I certainly can't afford to GIVE you anything that isn't FREE. Right?

"Anybody know how to do animated GIFS???"

Wow, not one answer. I think these guys are starting to catch on.

Geez. I know I promised my family to set up a website so we can all share our pictures and the like but I just don't feel like going to all the trouble. Hmmm, maybe I can get one of the suckers to do the work for me! It worked before. I'll have to be careful on this though, somebody might want me to send them something for their trouble.

"Need website help but there are a couple things you may need to know. First, it has to be FREE, I may be a nice guy but I'm not rich. Second...

Ahem.

"Name that Tune" in one note.

NA

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that Dave was not here anymore to be a true BOTL and to be honest, I'm not sure what he's here for. I guess it's to help Rod, since none of the other "old-timers" wanted to have the responsiblity of being a moderator. IMO, if you're going to be a mod, you should refrain from posting any opinions about anything related to people's characters, personalities or making responses related to the above. It should be handled privately and not on the public forum. I also believe that if you are not passionate about the cigar hobby, you should not be associated with the forums in any way. Rod has always done a good job of keeping CP civil and a nice place to visit and he's done so by staying in the background, for the most part. 99.9% of the stuff I post here or anywhere else is either for informational purposes or for entertainment of others. I don't get personal and don't plan to. But, I have a problem with what's happening here and don't like to see where it's headed.