• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Free Pipe Tobaccos

centurycigar said:
I tried today to get the sampler, and they gave me this message:

Note: Due to cost and duty issues, AltadisUSA has restricted the shipment of their free samples to the continental United States. If you do not qualify, please do not check the Altadis box below.

DAMN !
[snapback]289981[/snapback]​

I had the same thing happen to me, but sure enough on my doorstep today was a nice sample from Altadis (my god, this thing is huge!).

I tried some of my smapler last weekend, and I have to say that I wasn't all that impressed. I have never smoked a pipe before so that may have to do with it. I tried some of the cherry and I couldn't keep it lit for the life of me. I tried smoking for about 30 minutes but after it went out for the millionth time, I just gave up.

Nathan Rahl said:
I tried some of my smapler last weekend, and I have to say that I wasn't all that impressed. I have never smoked a pipe before so that may have to do with it. I tried some of the cherry and I couldn't keep it lit for the life of me. I tried smoking for about 30 minutes but after it went out for the millionth time, I just gave up.
[snapback]292577[/snapback]​

Many of those blends are too damp out of the pouch to smoke properly. In addition, many flavored/aromatics have PG added as a humectant to keep them moist.
You can improve the smoking quality by taking out a bowlful and giving it 10 sec. in the microwave. But, if it's been treated with PG, this won't help.

Personally, I'd avoid the flavored (cherry, vanilla, etc) like the plague. The China Black is quite good.

Bob

psyktek said:
Personally, I'd avoid the flavored (cherry, vanilla, etc) like the plague.
[snapback]292593[/snapback]​
Amen to that. Or at least use a separate "cheaper" pipe for those. The aroma will hang in the bowl. Don't wanna screw up a $100 pipe with the "potpourri" of pipe tobaccos :whistling:

psyktek said:
Many of those blends are too damp out of the pouch to smoke properly. In addition, many flavored/aromatics have PG added as a humectant to keep them moist.
You can improve the smoking quality by taking out a bowlful and giving it 10 sec. in the microwave. But, if it's been treated with PG, this won't help.

Personally, I'd avoid the flavored (cherry, vanilla, etc) like the plague. The China Black is quite good.

Bob
[snapback]292593[/snapback]​

Alright I might give it another go sometime this weekend. Wish there was some more non-aromatic blends in the sampler. I only counted 2 pouches when I went through all of mine.

Look at it this way, it didn't cost you anything to get that selection.

Shadow said:
Look at it this way, it didn't cost you anything to get that selection.
[snapback]292905[/snapback]​

True enough. I think it was the luck of the draw as to what assortment you received. My guess is there's guys just pulling pouches off the shelf randomly until they get the right number. My sampler was about evenly divided between aromatics and non, with only a few 'flavored' blends.

BTW, some folks on the ASP newsgroup have reported getting a second package a couple of weeks after the first. :thumbs:

Bob

psyktek said:
BTW, some folks on the ASP newsgroup have reported getting a second package a couple of weeks after the first. :thumbs:

Bob
[snapback]293076[/snapback]​

I received my first package of 17 samples. Then 3 - 4 weeks later, 2 boxes showed up containing 7 new samples. Both later boxes contained the same items.

I also registered a guy here at work the same time I registered myself.

He got his package of 17 and then also received a second one with the same 7 samples that I got. :thumbs:

Edit:
I just saw where some have said they received 25 samples. Maybe the second box I got plus the first was the same as the 25 pack sampler others received.

Greetings! I received my package of free pipe tobaccos from Altadis via UPS just a few minutes ago. It only took exactly 2 weeks for me to receive my shipment. My package contains a total of 21 pouches of assorted pipe tobaccos, this is approximately 4 pounds of pipe tobaccos. I am looking forward to enjoying them. Many thanks again, Shadow for telling us about this great offer. I sincerely appreciate it. Now I need to find a way to send my thanks to Altadis for these pipe tobaccos. Enjoy your Altadis pipe tobaccos, gentlemen! Regards, knightlaird

Smoking the Fox & Hound. Not to bad actually. It reminds me of a blend I've hand before. Now that my new Meersham's are in...gonna start smoking through these pouches. :)

StogieSteve said:
Anyone know if this sampler is still available cuz I can't find it.
[snapback]298220[/snapback]​

The very first post gives you the instructions. I just checked and it appears to still be working.

Nick

Ah I found it, can't get it to work though. Keeps saying page timed out. Must have too much traffic to it.

Just tried it and it worked just fine for me. Even the link to Altadis is still functioning.
Give it another shot!

Funny story, I told my wife about this free offer, She and I both love to smoke a pipe, but she had already found it and signed up! So, i still signed up! We'll see how much we get! :laugh:

I've been out of town for a while- and forgot that I signed up... I was away when the box arrived, my wife went through the roof! She knows that I'm paying around $5 for each tin of Dunhill that I get, when she saw the sheer volume of tobacco arriving at the house- she thought I spent a bunch of dough on something she knew I wouldn't like (cherry desert flavored crap and all). Anyway, the assortment is pretty darn good. There are some of my regulars in there- China Black in particular. Overall the assortment is worth the cost.

Happy smoking.

N00N3R

My shipment came in last week while I was out of town on business. My wife was pretty excited when I told her it was all free. She let me be the one to open the box when I got home. As with many of the posters above, I'll like the non-aromatics but will try the aromatics also. Wife will enjoy trying the aromatics too.

I followed the link to show her where I signed up for this great deal and couldn't find it. Could it be that this deal is over? :(