• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your Feet Wet part III (Newbie Pass)

I wouldn't either! I can't imagine the horror I'd feel opening up a package to have little holes running through a beautiful collection of cigars. I think I would cry. I can't wait to try my first pass, but I've got a way to go establishing myself before I get involved. Maybe by the next newbie pass, we'll see.

Thanks for checking on interest Jonesy, I hope things are getting better.

First of all, you need an experienced member to head up the pass and to my knowledge, you don't have one to do it yet. I had to postpone the pass at the first of the year due to personal reasons. I may decide to start one up in a few months when things level out for me and the temperature drops. Something you also need to realize is that this isn't an optimal time to start a pass. I'm not sending a box that has $500 worth of my cigars out during the summer months. Wait a little while and the opportunity will present itself for you to be in a pass.

Understood, Jonesy. I concur that it would not be wise to send out a selection of smokes worth that much during the hot months, too much chance of something going awry. I hope things level out for you when the appropriate time for a pass comes (though I hope really that they level out sooner, rather than later), as I would love to get in on my first CP pass. :thumbs:

I completely understand. I hope that you are doing better and will be able to do it whenever you can. Count me in whenever that time comes. :thumbs:

I am an ultra newbie, if there is any such thing. I don't have any posts, but I have looked around here quite a bit.
I'd like to eventually get in on a pass, but I haven't been much of a poster since I joined a while back. I'll get more involved and maybe in the near future I will have the chance to enjoy a pass. In the mean time, what's up boys. 1st post here. Glad to be part of this community. Best of luck to you Jonsey.

Eric

Why don't we do a newbie pass? This thread has been around a long time. I haven't done a pass yet, but would really like too. Anyone else interested?

I would certainly be interested in joining this.

I've just recently had my membership confirmed so I probably will have to wait to join a pass, but as soon as I'm able I'm willing. Got a humidor full of goodies.

Welcome to CP coachey. Please head over to the introduction forum and tell us a bit more about yourself.

Hey fellas... Been in on a few PIF's and thought when the time comes, I'd like to try out a pass!! Keep me updated!

I wouldn't either! I can't imagine the horror I'd feel opening up a package to have little holes running through a beautiful collection of cigars. I think I would cry. I can't wait to try my first pass, but I've got a way to go establishing myself before I get involved. Maybe by the next newbie pass, we'll see.

I often hear that myself, and get worried as well. But the movers packed up my smokes before I had a chance to prepare them 2 months ago at the end of May. In the 100 degree temperatures in West Texas. They got shipped over here to Germany and arrived in tip top shape. Only had about 3 bent sticks from their horrible packing. I could say I'm lucky, but I had sticks sent to me all the time in Afghanistan, gets pretty hot there in the summer also, with no problems. I don't like to ship in those conditions, but I've never had any problems.

I would like to get in on this as well. Fall isn't too far away. Hmmmm..... can't decide if that is good or bad.

I often hear that myself, and get worried as well. But the movers packed up my smokes before I had a chance to prepare them 2 months ago at the end of May. In the 100 degree temperatures in West Texas. They got shipped over here to Germany and arrived in tip top shape. Only had about 3 bent sticks from their horrible packing. I could say I'm lucky, but I had sticks sent to me all the time in Afghanistan, gets pretty hot there in the summer also, with no problems. I don't like to ship in those conditions, but I've never had any problems.

Good to hear. I've been reading so much about beetles lately that I think I'm a bit paranoid. Glad you haven't had problems. I've had some split wrapper issues due to heat, but thankfully they haven't been damaged beyond being able to be smoked.

Good to hear. I've been reading so much about beetles lately that I think I'm a bit paranoid. Glad you haven't had problems. I've had some split wrapper issues due to heat, but thankfully they haven't been damaged beyond being able to be smoked.
I have had some split wrapper issues as well, but it seems to be only on some smokes that I brought back from Afghanistan, and then also had shipped here. They may still be a little dry, but they were cheap smokes that I have very few of so it really doesn't matter. Now the high dollar sticks I keep by my side if I'm traveling. I would probably cry if those dried out on me, or got bent etc. etc.

Edit to add: I'm also not saying the threat of beetles is not real, just that I have not seen it first hand, and may be exceptionally lucky thus far.

Newbie from North Georgia with quite a few good sticks in the box already. Cant wait to get in on the next pass. Please send an invite as soon as possible and talk to ya soon.

Guys, once again, I appreciate the interest. Check the thread again sometime in late August, because September is the earlier I will start a pass again.

Brian

thanks for the update Jonesy

maybe it'd be an idea to close this thread, then start a new one later when you're ready?

September! YAY I would turn 3month then! I sure hope I can jump on that pass =)

Umm...can I get in on this when it gets going? I got some real good sticks and I want to learn how to pass. I'll go post a bunch to get my post count up so you will let me in. Thanks. :love: