• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your Feet Wet part III (Newbie Pass)

I don't think I can be considered a newbie, but I've never done a pass at CP. No time like the present to break the virginity, especially since Jonesy would be the one poppin' my cherry!

I too would like to get in on this pass if you'll have me. Been around awhile, but haven't gotten into a cigar pass yet, but have enjoyed being in on the the beer pass. Thanks Jonesy!

As I stated in the original post, this was a feeler for another potential pass. Due to current personal issues, I won't be able to host this pass. I apologize to you all because I know you guys had your hopes up, but hopefully, you'll get the chance to participate in another pass shortly.

Brian

As I stated in the original post, this was a feeler for another potential pass. Due to current personal issues, I won't be able to host this pass. I apologize to you all because I know you guys had your hopes up, but hopefully, you'll get the chance to participate in another pass shortly.

Brian

Brian I hope all works out well for you. Thank you for everything you do for CP.

Brian

First thing first Brian, take care of what needs doing. Remember cigars are just a hobby.
Thanks
Tom

Hope everythings all right man, the pass can be restarted, but certain things in life cant, so here's to everything being cool with you.

Brian, Take care of yourself first. Then we can think about the pass. There is no reason to rush anything. We will all be here when you have fixed what ever needs fixing.

Cheers,
Ed

Please let us know if and when you can do it. I hope everything gets better.

I have never peen a part of a pass before, so whenever this gets rolling, I would love to be a part of it, if you all will have me.

Hope things are allright with you Brian!

You know we could start some sort of newbie run pass. You know have all the participants put in 2 to 4 sticks , then send it to one person (that has 9 months under their belt) to put everything together. Then to make sure things are fairly fair with puts and takes, we can try to somehow create a system where we can all agree that it is a good trade. Then if we can not decide that if it is fair or not, we can have some of the established members chime in on what they think.

I know there are alot of variables to this but think about it, this is sort of a start up pass there will not be to many hard to find sticks, that may cause some problems. Or we can stick strictly to the price of the stick, and throw out the hard to find variable all together.

But then again the positive of having brain was that he can guide us along so we can learn from him. With this idea, we be really learning from each other. Just a thought.

David

IMHO, I think I would throw out the HTF stuff all together. While I have a few, I don't think a lot of us can get our hands on them, and if we can, it's only one or two. I also think we should stick to price for price. That will give us good practice for when we join in the bigger passes, as far as MSRP goes. But, as I said before, I'm new to the wild world of "The Pass" so it's just my $0.02.

I am down for whatever. I would be happy to run it but I don't have the 9 months.

After rereading the OP, I'm saddened that I don't have enough time in. *walks away kicking stone...*

By the time I get back from the sandbox I'll have the time here to join a pass. Doubly sweet homecoming!

Why don't we do a newbie pass? This thread has been around a long time. I haven't done a pass yet, but would really like too. Anyone else interested?

Why don't we do a newbie pass? This thread has been around a long time. I haven't done a pass yet, but would really like too. Anyone else interested?

First of all, you need an experienced member to head up the pass and to my knowledge, you don't have one to do it yet. I had to postpone the pass at the first of the year due to personal reasons. I may decide to start one up in a few months when things level out for me and the temperature drops. Something you also need to realize is that this isn't an optimal time to start a pass. I'm not sending a box that has $500 worth of my cigars out during the summer months. Wait a little while and the opportunity will present itself for you to be in a pass.