• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet pass

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
Since there have been quite a few of you that have inquired about another Newbie pass this year, I've decided to start one up since things have seemed to settled down quite a bit for me. This pass is open to those that haven't been in a pass yet or only have one under their belts. We will be learning about rarity, HTF's, pass etiquette, equal puts and takes, and quite a few other things that pop up during the course of a regular pass. This is a learning pass so I expect all questions and everyone's puts and takes to be posted in this thread and not pm'ed directly to me. I'm not trying to embarrass anyone by making their question public or by leaving their P/T's out for scrutiny....one man's question may answer the same question that 5 others have. Our main goal is to learn how to successfully take a pass, inventory it, inspect it, package it, and to have fun while doing it. Hopefully one of the main components of this pass is you come away with a few new friends. I will be re-posting the cigar list and rules over the weekend and hopefully this will go out Monday morning. I have set the participant list at 10 instead of my normal 15 due to the onset of the summer heat. The pass WILL start on the west coast and work it's way east. I took the participants in order that they posted the other day.

The Participants in Pass order

1) Souldog24ca DONE
2) Napa_Smokes DONE
3) DuppyConqueror DONE
4) markmarksman DONE
5) Aeroscott DONE
6) billbaker3 DONE
7) flamchop DONE
8) bpj87 DONE
9) madmidget INCOMING!
10) Smokin'Sims

The Cigar List

1) Arturo Fuente King B (T:DuppyConquerer)
2) Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 (T:DuppyConquerer)
3) Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic natural
4) Arturo Fuente Work of Art Maduro ( T: souldoggy )
5) Arturo Fuente Anejo 77 "Shark" (T:Napa_Smokes)
6) Opus X xXx "Power Ranger"
7) Ashton Aged Maduro #20 (T:billbaker3)
8) Camacho 1962 Figurado
9) Camacho Negro Robusto
10) Camacho Triple Maduro 50/4.5
11) Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 toro
12) Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label Generosos (T:Aeroscott)
13) Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label Lancero (T:BPJ87)
14) Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Figurado
15) Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Belicoso (T:Aeroscott)
16) Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Maduro robusto
17) 601 Black Label robusto
18) AVO Signature Lonsdale
19) CAO Sopranos Edition Soldier (T:Aeroscott)
20) Illusione CG4 (T: souldoggy )
21) La Aurora Preferidos Ltd 1903 Maduro (T:markmarksman)
22) La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel (T:flamchop)
23) Oliva Series V Lancero (T:bpj87)
24) Oliva Series V Figurado (T:markmarksman)
25) Padilla 1932 Torpedo (T:Napa_Smokes)
26) Padilla Edicion Especial 2006 Obsidian Torpedo
27) Padron Anniversary Maduro Principe
28) Padron 1926 Serie #35 maduro
29) Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 robusto (T:markmarksman)
30) Tatuaje Regios
31) Tatuaje Verocu #1 Lado Occidental (West coast) (T: souldoggy )
32) Camacho 10th Anniversary toro (P: souldog24ca T:DuppyConquerer)
33) Anejo 48 (P: souldog24ca)
34) Padilla 1932 toro (P: souldog24ca T:Napa_Smokes)
35) Anejo 55 (P:Napa_Smokes T:)
36) PAM Monarca (P:Napa_Smokes T:)
37) Padron 1926 #2 maduro (P:Napa_Smokes T:flamchop)
38) WOAM (P:Napa_Smokes T:flamchop)
39) Rocky Patel Fusion Robusto
40) Winston Churchill Chequers (Davidoff) (P:DuppyConquerer T:)
41) Montecristo Double Corona (P:DuppyConquerer T:)
42) Illusion H1 (P:DuppyConquerer T:bpj87)
43) Diamond Crown Maximus #3 pyramid (P:markmarksman T:)
44) Ashton VSG Sorcerer (P:markmarksman T:billbaker3)
45) Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicoso (P:markmarksman T:bpj87)
46) CAO America Landmark (P:Aeroscott T:)
47) Casa Funte Corona Gorda (P:Aeroscott T:bpj87)
48) A.F. Work of Art Natural (P:Aeroscott T:)
49) RP Vintage 1990 "sixty" (P:billbaker3 T:)
50) La Aurora Sapphire Tubo (P:billbaker3 T:)
51) Davidoff Millenium Blend Piramides (P:flamchop T:)
52) Opus X Perfecxion #4 (P:flamchop T:)
53) DPG Cuban Classic Lancero (P:flamchop T:)
54) La Riqueza #2 (P:bpj87 T:)
55) DPG Cuban Classic Robusto (P:bpj87 T:)
56) Cabaiguan Guapos RX (P:bpj87 T:)
57) 5 Vegas Miami Churchill (P: bpj87 T:)
58) Ashton ESG Churchill (P:bpj87 T:)

This pass is insured by Cigar Pass Insurance
Cigar Pass Insurance(link)

CP Legal Stuff…

CP Pass Rules(link)

Pass Thread
Be sure you check frequently to make sure when you are due up. Make sure you're ready for the pass and let me know if you need to be shifted. To make things go a little smoother, it is recommended that you check the list and post your P/T prior to receiving the pass. This will give you a head start towards getting that box back out the door. ALL P/T WILL BE POSTED ON THE THREAD. NO PMs.

Pass Arrival
Upon opening the pass, inventory all contents and inspect all sticks. The last thing you want is to be blamed for a damaged stick because you didn't inspect thoroughly. Do not take the cigars out of their baggies! Make sure each cigar that is listed on the sheet, is in the pass box. Always double check against what I have here on this main page also. Packaging is of utmost importance. You want to make sure that once you put the cigars into the tuuperdore, there is no movement. Also, after you've put the tupperdore back in the box and secured the foam around it, give it a slight shake to make sure there is no movement from inside the main pass box. There will be a folder inside with the cigar list and everyone's info.

Shipping

CP Shipping Hints(link)

Now you're ready to ship. Post on the board ensuring the next on the list is ready. Inside the same folder as before you will find a sheet of paper with everyones address. Shoot a PM his way and verify the address you have.
Next, ensure that all cigars are in their own individual baggies and in its proper gallon bag. Make sure the tupperdore is humidified properly and close the box up. After closing, make sure there is no movement inside the box.

Cigarcyclopedia
Rarity for Rarity and MSRP for MSRP. Since there are no ISOMs in this we don't have to worry about that. The site above is something I like to use as a reference tool in determining MSRP.

Looking forward to learning the art of the pass and winning all 3 contests :whistling: (yeah, right)

I can't wait for this to begin!

I came back to research the smokes on the list and the entire thread was gone! I am just glad that the server is back up and we are still on track with this.

Brian, thanks again for doing this and for remembering who the participants are!

And here I thought we were friends! :sign:

Dam,always a day late!!! :angry: You fellas have fun tho.Maybe next time. :thumbs:

I went out and picked up some White Owls today to prepare for this pass. I just hope I'm before SD to make sure there in there for him to take..

Thanks Brian, everyone can see how much I really DONT know. :laugh:

Thanks for the pass Brian and I will readily admit I don't know much of anything, but look forward to learning. "I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park."-Mater

Now for the first contest. Since I kinda came up with a lame pass name that's what it will be. Whoever comes up with the best name for our pass will get a nice 5'er from me. Open to participants only and it needs to be in by Sunday night. I'll have a respected BOTL pick the winner.

Now for the first contest. Since I kinda came up with a lame pass name that's what it will be. Whoever comes up with the best name for our pass will get a nice 5'er from me. Open to participants only and it needs to be in by Sunday night. I'll have a respected BOTL pick the winner.

The Brian Likes Sheep Pass

:D

" Jones'n for noobs " :rolleyes:

"The I Am A Total Newb And Dont Know Shit Pass"
"The Jonesy's Gonna School Us Pass"
"Jonesy And His Merry Band Of Newbs Pass"

"Newbs, Jones'n For a Pass!"
"Jonesy's Newb 101 Pass"
"I'm Trusting These Newbs With My Cigars? Pass"
"Newb/FOG War 2008 Victors Pass"
"Newbs Learning the Art Pass"

And my favorite:
"AutismSpeaks.org Newb Pass"

I'll thing of more later. My head is swimming from all the gas fumes I inhaled while fixing my edger. :love: