• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet pass

While I fully support donating to a good cause, I don't think it's a great idea to use autismspeaks.org as a name of a pass unless you intend to somehow support the cause. Really, in all honestly, I prefer that CP is not used as a marketing platform for any site. Again, I understand the cause and fully support austismspeaks.org, however I really don't believe that trying to promote any site at CP in this fashion is appropriate.

While I fully support donating to a good cause, I don't think it's a great idea to use autismspeaks.org as a name of a pass unless you intend to somehow support the cause. Really, in all honestly, I prefer that CP is not used as a marketing platform for any site. Again, I understand the cause and fully support austismspeaks.org, however I really don't believe that trying to promote any site at CP in this fashion is appropriate.
Thanks for your input and help Rod!

edited completely:
Well, Rod posted the answer while I was running around doing work and hadn't finished the post.

I didn't think of the prospect of supporting another website when I posted the name and I hope no one took it that I was making lite of autism. Yes, my son does have autism and I thought that it might help remind everyone of what we could do as a community. That being said, I too think we might need to take the "Autismspeaks.org" out of it and maybe go with "Newbs Supporting Autism" or something like that. That is if everyone is ok with doing something on the side to benefit Autism. This is Jonesy's pass so I think he might need to be the one to decide that.

Sorry if this caused any trouble, it was not my intent.

I didn't think of the prospect of supporting another website when I posted the name and I hope no one took it that I was making lite of autism. Yes, my son does have autism and I thought that it might help remind everyone of what we could do as a community. That being said, I too think we might need to take the "Autismspeaks.org" out of it and maybe go with "Newbs Supporting Autism" or something like that. That is if everyone is ok with doing something on the side to benefit Autism. This is Jonesy's pass so I think he might need to be the one to decide that.

Sorry if this caused any trouble, it was not my intent.

my son was not diagnosed Autistic until 14 years old, until we pushed the issue real hard, he is 17 now, and an awesome kid too I might add :love:
Todd and I are living the Autism thing every day, Day in, Day out. we are kind of absorbed in it so to speak.
but we have made quite a few people aware of the Issue of Autism, so it's a bonus all around IMHO. :thumbs:
Thanks for the guidance Rod and Brian, It's nice to know everyone is looking out for us!

Brian, sorry for starting such a cluster#@^& in your pass thread. I'm guilty of rushing into supporting what I feel is a great cause without thoroughly thinking everything through. I totally understand everyone's points and concerns. Maybe the name could be more general. Whatever you decide, let me know because I'd like to help out however I can.

Let's get this snotty nose little brat pass on the move. Brian, are we going in order as stated on page 1 or have we figured that out yet?

Mark

Let's get this snotty nose little brat pass on the move. Brian, are we going in order as stated on page 1 or have we figured that out yet?

Mark
Pass order will be set tonight when I get home from work. I'll then send out a group pm with the last minute instructions and try to get the pass on the road by Thursday morning at the latest.

I've got a quesiton about CPI. Do we join prior to this pass or will there be an outer package for CPI included in the pass? Sorry for the newb question but I'd rather ask a newb question than botch up a pass.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='662881' date='May 6 2008, 10:50 PM']I've got a quesiton about CPI. Do we join prior to this pass or will there be an outer package for CPI included in the pass? Sorry for the newb question but I'd rather ask a newb question than botch up a pass.[/quote]
I am a member of CPI which means if something happens to the pass while in transit, the cigars will be replaced. You don't have to be a member of CPI to join or to be a part of a pass, it's just a good thing to join if you feel you'll host a pass in the future. It basically covers me since I'm sending out hundreds of dollars worth of cigars....more for the pass host than anything.

Pass order has been set, final instructions have been pm'ed, pass will hit the road tomorrow. Let's have some fun gentlemen!

Sweet, thanks for hosting this Jonesy.

Your link is not working for the equals.

Strike up the band! This ship is leaving port! :laugh:

You can try this LINK for the comparison shopper. You can also access it from the main page HERE. I believe this is what Brian was referring to but I am not 100% sure.

OK Josh, all eyes are on you and we are anxiously awaiting your P and T's! :thumbs:

Edit for spelling.

Can't wait for this to get strted! Thanks for the corrected link, Salinia.