• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet pass

Cigar List is set. I'll have the rules and pass order posted later this evening.

More potential names:

First Time Around the Block Pass

Prof. Jonesy Teaches Newbs Pass 101

Newbs Learning Equality, Rarity, and Etiquette Pass

School is in Session Pass

Newbs Getting Their Feet Wet Pass :whistling:

We is lernin haw to pass and do gud

White Owls Can't Be Traded For Sharks Can They?Pass

Name submission #2

Cherry Poppin' Pass :love:

Because you will never forget your first! :laugh:

"Newbs, Jones'n For a Pass!"
"Jonesy's Newb 101 Pass"
"I'm Trusting These Newbs With My Cigars? Pass"
"Newb/FOG War 2008 Victors Pass"
"Newbs Learning the Art Pass"

And my favorite:
"AutismSpeaks.org Newb Pass"

I'll thing of more later. My head is swimming from all the gas fumes I inhaled while fixing my edger. :love:
I had my buddy Smellysell judge our pass name contest and this is the winner! Congrats to madmidget for the "AutismSpeaks.org Newbs Pass" name. Your winnings will go out Wednesday.

I know I'm not in the pass, but...

Just browsing the threads, and saw that the name of the pass changed. Then I went to look at the website, an idea came to mind. Just thought about something. In order to help, maybe in the pass there could be a ziploc bag included. Anyone who wishes to make a donation to the website that coined the pass name, instead, could write a check to Jonesy. At the end of the pass, Brian would Pool the money and would donate it to Autism Speaks.

I understand that anyone can go donate by themselves, something I now plan to do after seeing this. However, I just thought it might be something else to add in the pass, making it more unique...and at the same time, benefit someone who needs it.

I can see where this could possibly be shot down in a "Newb Pass" but depending on the participants, it may be worth it. Just an opinion from a railbird.

Have fun y'all.

"Jonesy's Newb 101 Pass"

And my favorite:

I'll thing of more later. My head is swimming from all the gas fumes I inhaled while fixing my edger. :love:
I had my buddy Smellysell judge our pass name contest and this is the winner! Congrats to madmidget for the "AutismSpeaks.org Newbs Pass" name. Your winnings will go out Wednesday.

You may want to reconsider the title.

"Jonesy's Newb 101 Pass"

And my favorite:

I would have to agree with Gary here Jonesy.

BTW, thank for doing this for this bunch of newbs :thumbs:

:cool:

I would have to agree with Gary here Jonesy.

BTW, thank for doing this for this bunch of newbs :thumbs:

Can you guys clue me in on what's wrong with the name, because I'm apparently missing something. Thanks

I sent a PM to Brian for my reasoning, he can forward it to you as well. I can't type out another long PM as my finger is still numb from playing a nail this past weekend.

Congrats Todd!

I also love BigJake's idea about including some type of benefit with the pass.

It could be as simple as... with every take/put you must research and post a new fact,resource, news article, etc on Autism.

Or

We could also include an extra stick or two with the intent of auctioning the extra additions off at the end of the pass here on CP and then donating the proceeds.

Congrats Todd!

It could be as simple as... with every take/put you must research and post a new fact,resource, news article, etc on Autism.

Or

We could also include an extra stick or two with the intent of auctioning the extra additions off at the end of the pass here on CP and then donating the proceeds.

All these would be great ideas if your going to go with the AutismSpeaks.org Pass name, I would highly encourage it. But to simply use the name without supporting the cause is, in my opinion, not in good taste.

Congrats Todd!

Or

All these would be great ideas if your going to go with the AutismSpeaks.org Pass name, I would highly encourage it. But to simply use the name without supporting the cause is, in my opinion, not in good taste.

Exactly. I like the ideas already suggested about supporting the cause somehow, it is a very worthwhile project :thumbs:

Congrats Todd!

Or

I read the PM David, and I understand your point, but in no way was this name meant to be funny. MadMidget started a thread a while back in which he talked about his child with autism, and also has a link to AutismSpeaks in his sig. I work with a lot of kids that have PDD, which is an austistic spectrum disorder, and this is why I chose the name.

That being said, I totally agree that in some way this pass should support this cause if they're going to use the name. Brian, I realize this is your pass and I feel I'm jumping in where I have no right to, but I would be more than willing to organize/run something to go along with the pass to help support AutismSpeaks.org

Congrats Todd!

Or

I read the PM David, and I understand your point, but in no way was this name meant to be funny. MadMidget started a thread a while back in which he talked about his child with autism, and also has a link to AutismSpeaks in his sig. I work with a lot of kids that have PDD, which is an austistic spectrum disorder, and this is why I chose the name.

That being said, I totally agree that in some way this pass should support this cause if they're going to use the name. Brian, I realize this is your pass and I feel I'm jumping in where I have no right to, but I would be more than willing to organize/run something to go along with the pass to help support AutismSpeaks.org

Fantastic ...... in that case, I'll include a fiver of premium sticks to support the cause.

I have no problem whatsoever in supporting the cause if it's ok with Rod. I've already pm'ed him to get his thoughts on the matter. I had actually thought about doing a collection during the pass and if allowed, auctioning the finished pass off for a contribution to the charity. Let me see what Rod says and then I'll make my decision. Thanks Justin for your willingness to help in the organization...I'll probably call on you for help. Thanks to all that have given input on this also.

Brian

edited for speeling

I was confused about the issues with the name at first but it is clear now. A big thanks to Gary and David for seeing this from another perspective.

It was obviously proposed and accepted with great intentions that the title may not fully relay. If a benefit pass is ok'ed by Brian, maybe the title could be altered slightly to correct this.

If this is the case, I humbly propose

AutismSpeaks.org Newb Benefit Pass

Congrats Todd!

Or

I love the idea of supporting a cause but wouldnt that be better in a larger pass with more established BOTL? I am not saying we cant do it but this kind of idea could be a lot better then us 10 newbs. I personally send money to St. Jude every month.

I was confused about the issues with the name at first but it is clear now. A big thanks to Gary and David for seeing this from another perspective.

It was obviously proposed and accepted with great intentions that the title may not fully relay. If a benefit pass is ok'ed by Brian, maybe the title could be altered slightly to correct this.

If this is the case, I humbly propose

AutismSpeaks.org Newb Benefit Pass

Thats not bad. Maybe we could see if other none pass brothers want to donate to the cause?