• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet pass

Answers to Contest

1. Jcritt
2. Cigarstone
3. JFields
4. Gtadroptop, HumboldtFlyer, Kingantz
5. I couldnt find anywhere
6. also couldn't find any clue
7. Seth

Tie breaker 38 Steins!

I swear I read every post of yours Jonsey! :laugh: it wasn't a boring read for the most part, good luck everybody :thumbs:

Alright! Here is my attempt at the contest. I want to thank Brian for the opportunity to participate in such a great pass and take a shot at some wonderful contests. We'll see how good we all really are with the search function. :cool:

1) Who was the first person to bomb me? (be careful, I've tricked myself with this one before !)
the Cigar Pass Fairy

2) Who was the first one to receive a bomb from me?
CigarStone

3) What one member here have I done more trades with than anyone else?
Jfields

4) Name 3 people that I "popped their bomb cherry" (Hint: first letter of their handles are: G, H, and K)
gtadroptop, handyman dave, Kingantz

5) One Brother has been to my house....who is he?
NDP

6) Infinity is Brian #1, I am Brian #2, who proclaimed themself Brian #3?
ChiTown_Huck

7) CigarStone, mysterea, jfields, Seth, and I all herfed together in Virginia last year for 3 days..who was the first to arrive?
CigarStone

Tiebreaker
I collect German Beer Steins....how many are in my display cabinet right now? 27

These are my proposed P/T's. Let me know if I'm off. Specifically I'm unsure about the Landmark for Classic Maduro. To explain this there is a difference of ~$0.75 in value less tot he classic,, but I think it more rare than the Landmark. Thanks for letting me play in the pass Brian and for the contests.

T: #33 Anejo 48 P: #62 OpusX Fuente Fuente
T: #46 CAO America Landmark P:#63 Hemingway classic Maduro
T: #16 Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ robusto Maduro P:#64 Oliva Serie V Churchill

The pass is on its way to Ole Miss. DC#0306 2400 0001 2047 4782

I was wonder if everyone could post what their shipping cost was? For me it was $9.30 which I thought was low. I was expecting it to be close to $20. Though it is only traveling about 4-5 hours from here.

Again, thanks Jonesy for sponsoring this pass and thanks to everyone else for all the helpful information. You all have made my first pass an enjoyable learning experience.

I am still working on the contest. Pushing the 12hr mark on searching. Whoever wins this one will surly earn it.

These are all good P/T's so you're good to go. The question with the Hemi Classic is a good one because a lot of times people are sticklers for MSRP especially when you deal with the "rarer" cigars because that's the only "true" dollar amount you can find on them. I have no problem with this swap because if you factor in the rarity, then the value surpasses the take's value.

Pass Contest #3

1) Who was the first person to bomb me? (be careful, I've tricked myself with this one before !)
2) Who was the first one to receive a bomb from me?
3) What one member here have I done more trades with than anyone else?
4) Name 3 people that I "popped their bomb cherry" (Hint: first letter of their handles are: G, H, and K)
5) One Brother has been to my house....who is he?
6) Infinity is Brian #1, I am Brian #2, who proclaimed themself Brian #3?
7) CigarStone, mysterea, jfields, Seth, and I all herfed together in Virginia last year for 3 days..who was the first to arrive?

Tiebreaker
I collect German Beer Steins....how many are in my display cabinet right now?
1) Cigar Fairy or I will also accept the HPB from CigarStone since it too technically was a bomb
2) CigarStone
3) jlada ( never done a trade with John before!)
4) gtadroptop, Handyman Dave, Kingantz
5) ndp (Nate)
6) ChiTown_Huck
7) CigarStone

Tiebreaker...I have a total of 42 steins but only 18 are IN my display case!

So, the winner is.... bpj87. The first question I had to go back and forth on. At first I was only going to accept the Cigar Pass Fairy but since the Hot Potato Bomb is also a bomb, I have to accept it also.
Gentlemen, I know this was a bitch of a contest because of the searching you had to do, thus the sweet prize pack being offered for getting all 7 right. I commend each and every one of you that put time into the contest because I knew there was a lot of searching to be done.The second prize pack will be split up between each of you that submitted a guess to the contest. Each of you will get a single cigar out of the pack that you can ask for. First come first serve on these with the only one off limits is the Padron Millennium (sorry Gents!). Thanks for playing along guys!

I was wonder if everyone could post what their shipping cost was? For me it was $9.30 which I thought was low. I was expecting it to be close to $20. Though it is only traveling about 4-5 hours from here.

Mine was $25 to ship via UPS 3-day select to a place only a couple hours away... you got a good deal!

Mine was $25 to ship via UPS 3-day select to a place only a couple hours away... you got a good deal!
Wow! It cost me $18.30 to ship it from NC to CA when we started up.

To be honest I missed one more question than Bryan. I had Humboltflyer instead of Handyman Dave in the "cherry poppin" question. Unless you also popped Humboltflyer, then I'm fine. Feel better being clear with everyone.

Editted to add: Thanks for the contest Brian. I really am much better at using search now and as I mentioned learned ablot obout other BOTL while doing it.

OK, I seem to be lacking in the attention area these past few days. Yogimon was the first to bomb Humboldtflyer by a week so that would be incorrect. Thank you for your honesty sir and because of it, I will throw in an extra with the stick you pick out for your prize!

it was over $30 from cali to where was it minnesota?? priority was also late ha ha :laugh:

OK, I seem to be lacking in the attention area these past few days. Yogimon was the first to bomb Humboldtflyer by a week so that would be incorrect. Thank you for your honesty sir and because of it, I will throw in an extra with the stick you pick out for your prize!

Man I thought this was the only one I didn't have to research, HumboldtFlyer bieng a freind, but alas, it came back to bite me in the arse. :laugh:

Wow! I guess all that searching was worth it! I have to say that I put in about 12-15 hours on this contest, split up between several days. Thanks, Brian, for giving us this opportunity, which I have to say was a learning experience in the finer points of searching the forum.

edit: Idiocy removed...

Thanks again for the contest!

Wow! I guess all that searching was worth it! I have to say that I put in about 12-15 hours on this contest, split up between several days. Thanks, Brian, for giving us this opportunity, which I have to say was a learning experience in the finer points of searching the forum.

If you are splitting the second pack, and with James calling dibs on the Partagas, I'll go for the GoF Piramide.

ummmm....well, you won the contest so you get the box of DPG L.E. Lanceros. The other guys that entered get to choose one that they want out of the second pack. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

If you are splitting the second pack, and with James calling dibs on the Partagas, I'll go for the GoF Piramide.

ummmm....well, you won the contest so you get the box of DPG L.E. Lanceros. The other guys that entered get to choose one that they want out of the second pack. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Oops, my bad... I need to stop posting while dead tired. :blush:

The Pass arrived today and after a brief inspection everything seems fine. I'll look more closely tonight and if there are do my P/T's tonight and get it out to Brian in the morning. I hope to get it there before the 4th, so it doesn't sit over the holiday week-end.

Glad it arrive fast.

I can't believe I flaked and forgot to post my contest entry :blush: I got so pumped about going to the air show yesterday that I forgot. There was an terrible happening at the air show that kept me occupied until I opened this thread. There was a storm that blew in real fast and knocked over a generator and several tents killing a 5yr old boy.

It was a good day up to that point. I don't think I have been right since....

My son and I were next to the kid and his dad earlier in the day before the accident happened. When we saw the clouds building, we headed to the car and they went to the tents. A friend that we met there called me and told me what happened. Several hurt and the one boy killed.

The pass is on its final leg home today. DC # 0307 0020 0002 4665 2487. This has been fun thanks for playing everyone and letting me be part of it.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='688365' date='Jul 1 2008, 09:34 AM']The pass is on its final leg home today. DC # 0307 0020 0002 4665 2487. This has been fun thanks for playing everyone and letting me be part of it.[/quote]

I must have missed your posting of your T/P's. Would you mind posting them again. :D

Mark