• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet pass

I'm ready to go, PM sent to confirm my address.

I'll propose my P/Ts soon.

As I was driving into work this morning I thought of a question about the pass. Is there any kind of standard regarding multiplicity? In the begining of the pass there was only one of each type of cigar. Should we strive to keep it that way or would having say 2 WOAM's in the pass be acceptable, so long as the P/T for each trade was fine?

Thanks,

Package is scheduled to ship by 1pm today... it's on its way bpj!

Tracking number: 1Z2T9504P195010812

Great question! :thumbs:

I think that each cigar should be unique to the pass. This of course is open to personal interpretations though. For me, a WOA and a WOAM are two completely different cigars and would be perfectly acceptable. Where it gets foggy for me are the vitolas. In this pass, for instance we have the Pepin Cuban Classic lancero would it be appropriate to throw in a Robusto? I guess that this would be approved or denied by the organizer on a case by case basis.

Great question! :thumbs:

I think that each cigar should be unique to the pass. This of course is open to personal interpretations though. For me, a WOA and a WOAM are two completely different cigars and would be perfectly acceptable. Where it gets foggy for me are the vitolas. In this pass, for instance we have the Pepin Cuban Classic lancero would it be appropriate to throw in a Robusto? I guess that this would be approved or denied by the organizer on a case by case basis.
Each case is different in how it's handled by the pass host. I've been in large passes where the host didn't want any dup's and others where they didn't mind. As far as I go, I'm pretty flexible on it. This is a learning pass so I want you to be able to get what you want to try so I won't be a stickler about dup's. What I don't want to see is 4 DPG Cuban Classics floating around in the pass. The main thin is to be considerate of the guys still left to get the pass. Would you want a pass coming to you with a nice selection or a pass showing up on your doorstep with 40 cigars and 4 being DPG Blue Label Generosos, 3 LFD Lanceros, and so on. As far as the different vitolas go, that's absolutely acceptable. Just try to use good judgement and ask yourself " If I was the next guy in the pass, would I be happy with the selection left?".

I'll have the cigar list updated later tonight and the third contest awaiting you guys in the morning.

Here are my P/Ts for review. I put these together before the DPG commentary, so I have no problem substituting the second put. :(

T: 13. Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label Lancero / P: La Riqueza No. 2
T: 23. Oliva Serie V Lancero / P: DPG Black Cuban Classic 1979 Robusto
T: 42. Illusione ~hl~ / P: Cabaiguan Guapos RX
T: 45. Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicoso / P. 5 Vegas Miami Churchill
T: 47. Casa Fuente Corona Gorda / P: Ashton ESG Churchill

Let me know what you think!

Here are my P/Ts for review. I put these together before the DPG commentary, so I have no problem substituting the second put. :(

T: 13. Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label Lancero / P: La Riqueza No. 2
T: 23. Oliva Serie V Lancero / P: DPG Black Cuban Classic 1979 Robusto
T: 42. Illusione ~hl~ / P: Cabaiguan Guapos RX
T: 45. Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicoso / P. 5 Vegas Miami Churchill
T: 47. Casa Fuente Corona Gorda / P: Ashton ESG Churchill

Let me know what you think!
My apologies for not being clearer with the DPG comment. When I said that I meant 4 of the same vitola of the same brand, not just 4 of one brand so you are fine Bryan. The cigar list is now updated and your P/T's look good to me! I'll post the last contest when I go into work tonight.

4 puts and takes? Isn't it standard to do 3? Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with it myself. Is this another rule that is usually unique to the pass host? This is a learning pass so this is ONLY a learnig question, no dis respect intended.

4 puts and takes? Isn't it standard to do 3? Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with it myself. Is this another rule that is usually unique to the pass host? This is a learning pass so this is ONLY a learnig question, no dis respect intended.
Usually there is no set limit on P/T's. You don't want people going overboard by making 8 or 9 trades but there's absolutely nothing wrong with 5 P/T's. I usually do at least 4-5 P/T's when I'm in a pass for the simple reason that it's really not "cost effective" to do 2 or 3 P/T's in a pass when it ends up costing between $13-$20 to ship it on to the next person. So, with all that being said, there is no "standard" as far as how many P/T's you do.

Pass Contest #3

Each one of you gets one try at cracking it without edits. Use your best search tactics on this one boys because the prize will be a nice one. You have until this upcoming Saturday evening at 6pm EST to submit your answers so you have plenty of time to come up with them. A few are easy a few are hard and 1 you have to guess at so good luck to each of you.

1) Who was the first person to bomb me? (be careful, I've tricked myself with this one before !)
2) Who was the first one to receive a bomb from me?
3) What one member here have I done more trades with than anyone else?
4) Name 3 people that I "popped their bomb cherry" (Hint: first letter of their handles are: G, H, and K)
5) One Brother has been to my house....who is he?
6) Infinity is Brian #1, I am Brian #2, who proclaimed themself Brian #3?
7) CigarStone, mysterea, jfields, Seth, and I all herfed together in Virginia last year for 3 days..who was the first to arrive?

Tiebreaker
I collect German Beer Steins....how many are in my display cabinet right now?

Prize will be added later today!

The pass is in my hands. I'll get my P/Ts done this weekend and have it out by Monday. Madmidget, are you ready?

Usually there is no set limit on P/T's. You don't want people going overboard by making 8 or 9 trades but there's absolutely nothing wrong with 5 P/T's. I usually do at least 4-5 P/T's when I'm in a pass for the simple reason that it's really not "cost effective" to do 2 or 3 P/T's in a pass when it ends up costing between $13-$20 to ship it on to the next person. So, with all that being said, there is no "standard" as far as how many P/T's you do.

Thanks for clarifying on this Jonesy, I hope I didn't come across as dis respectful. Like I said, I just really didn't know and was only following the lead of the guys in from of me. This whole thing has been a huge learning experience and I am totally thankful for you putting this together.

Here are my finalized P/Ts. I have done my puts and takes, all of the sticks look good, and the beads look proper. I'll have this shipped tomorrow.

T: 13. Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label Lancero / P: 54. La Riqueza No. 2
T: 23. Oliva Serie V Lancero / P: 55. DPG Black Cuban Classic 1979 Robusto
T: 42. Illusione ~hl~ / P: 56. Cabaiguan Guapos RX
T: 45. Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicoso / P. 57. 5 Vegas Miami Churchill
T: 47. Casa Fuente Corona Gorda / P: 58. Ashton ESG Churchill

Thanks for allowing me to participate! And thanks for the LE08, Brian!

The pass is on the road!

1Z091E470335295169

Thanks for allowing me to participate! Now to get to work on that contest... :p

Just a heads up. I will be out of town on July 3-6. I think it won't be a problem, but want to let everyone know. I'm driving out on Thursday next week.

Pass Contest #3

Each one of you gets one try at cracking it without edits. Use your best search tactics on this one boys because the prize will be a nice one. You have until this upcoming Saturday evening at 6pm EST to submit your answers so you have plenty of time to come up with them. A few are easy a few are hard and 1 you have to guess at so good luck to each of you.

1) Who was the first person to bomb me? (be careful, I've tricked myself with this one before !)
2) Who was the first one to receive a bomb from me?
3) What one member here have I done more trades with than anyone else?
4) Name 3 people that I "popped their bomb cherry" (Hint: first letter of their handles are: A, H, and K)
5) One Brother has been to my house....who is he?
6) Infinity is Brian #1, I am Brian #2, who proclaimed themself Brian #3?
7) CigarStone, mysterea, jfields, Seth, and I all herfed together in Virginia last year for 3 days..who was the first to arrive?

Tiebreaker
I collect German Beer Steins....how many are in my display cabinet right now?

Prize will be added later today!

Man I'm really having trouble with a couple of these, my search skills suck! :laugh:

The prize for the contest is a box of limited Edition Don Pepin Garcia Lanceros (10 count). Since no one seems to be enthused about the contest, a second prize has been added IF someone gets all the questions right excluding the tiebreaker. If more than one gets them all right, we then go to the tiebreaker for the winner.

Second prize pack:
Padron Millenium maduro
Ashton ESG Churchill
God of Fire Carlito 2005 Piramide (from the L.E. humidors)
Partagas de Partagas #1 ISOM 1998
H.Upmann Monarca ISOM 2001

Let's see if this stimulates you guys a little!

I've been working diligently on the contest, and am sure about a few answers so far. I have a quick question, though. Are all the answers to be a specific handle, or can one be stated more generally?

I've been working diligently on the contest, and am sure about a few answers so far. I have a quick question, though. Are all the answers to be a specific handle, or can one be stated more generally?
All but one are specific handles.