• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet pass

1) Who was the first person to bomb me? (be careful, I've tricked myself with this one before !) Cigar Stone in the HPB
2) Who was the first one to receive a bomb from me? CigarStone
3) What one member here have I done more trades with than anyone else? jfields
4) Name 3 people that I "popped their bomb cherry" (Hint: first letter of their handles are: A, H, and K) gtadroptop (as part of Cigar Pass 101 after he asked what a bomb was), Kingantz, Anvil5) One Brother has been to my house....who is he? Nate (NDP)
6) Infinity is Brian #1, I am Brian #2, who proclaimed themself Brian #3? ChiTown_Huck
7) CigarStone, mysterea, jfields, Seth, and I all herfed together in Virginia last year for 3 days..who was the first to arrive? CigarStone

Tiebreaker
I collect German Beer Steins....how many are in my display cabinet right now? 18

Not sure about all of them, but is likely the best I'll do. I got a good work out on search. Good luck guys.

Cigar Stone in the HPB[/b]
2) Who was the first one to receive a bomb from me? CigarStone
3) What one member here have I done more trades with than anyone else? jfields
4) Name 3 people that I "popped their bomb cherry" (Hint: first letter of their handles are: A, H, and K) gtadroptop (as part of Cigar Pass 101 after he asked what a bomb was), Kingantz, Anvil5) One Brother has been to my house....who is he? Nate (NDP)
6) Infinity is Brian #1, I am Brian #2, who proclaimed themself Brian #3? ChiTown_Huck
7) CigarStone, mysterea, jfields, Seth, and I all herfed together in Virginia last year for 3 days..who was the first to arrive? CigarStone

Tiebreaker
I collect German Beer Steins....how many are in my display cabinet right now? 18

Not sure about all of them, but is likely the best I'll do. I got a good work out on search. Good luck guys.
OK, it seems I've screwed up my own contest....this question
4) Name 3 people that I "popped their bomb cherry" (Hint: first letter of their handles are: A, H, and K)

should look like this!
4) Name 3 people that I "popped their bomb cherry" (Hint: first letter of their handles are: G, H, and K)
So, since I messed up, Smokin' Sims you can edit your guess only for this question!

OK, it seems I've screwed up my own contest....this question
4) Name 3 people that I "popped their bomb cherry" (Hint: first letter of their handles are: A, H, and K)

should look like this!
4) Name 3 people that I "popped their bomb cherry" (Hint: first letter of their handles are: G, H, and K)

:sign: The 'A' part of this question has been the bane of my existance for hours! :laugh: I'm seriously not kidding...

I thought it might be better to simply add another post to answer rather than edit. At least that would be a clear non-violation of rules. I am going to swap Anvil for Humboldtflyer.

So my final answers are Kingantz, gtadroptop and Humboldtflyer.

When this is over can you give me a tip on the most efficient way to search this. I went through every member with those starting letters, decided that no one who joined substantially before you was a likely target then searched using their name as poster and a few words in the search word box. I really think this was a bad way of doing it, but we'll see if it was effective. I did however learn a ton of stuff about the general membership as I scanned through a butt load of posts. Like I would have never thought of Southside Dave with tattoos down his arm, #2 yes because it is slightly mentioned in his profile. I also saw even though there are a ton of members on this board very few are contributing, the most common number of post is 0-3. I also learned that I get too involved in things. I slept a few hours and had dreams about having the wrong answers because I'm not 100% sure on 1 or 2 of them. Thanks for the contest #2 and good luck to the rest of you guys, hope you are more efficient searchers than me.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='685899' date='Jun 26 2008, 07:43 AM']I thought it might be better to simply add another post to answer rather than edit. At least that would be a clear non-violation of rules. I am going to swap Anvil for Humboldtflyer.

So my final answers are Kingantz, gtadroptop and Humboldtflyer.

When this is over can you give me a tip on the most efficient way to search this. I went through every member with those starting letters, decided that no one who joined substantially before you was a likely target then searched using their name as poster and a few words in the search word box. I really think this was a bad way of doing it, but we'll see if it was effective. I did however learn a ton of stuff about the general membership as I scanned through a butt load of posts. Like I would have never thought of Southside Dave with tattoos down his arm, #2 yes because it is slightly mentioned in his profile. I also saw even though there are a ton of members on this board very few are contributing, the most common number of post is 0-3. I also learned that I get too involved in things. I slept a few hours and had dreams about having the wrong answers because I'm not 100% sure on 1 or 2 of them. Thanks for the contest #2 and good luck to the rest of you guys, hope you are more efficient searchers than me.[/quote]

I spent about 2.5 hrs. and came up with about half the answers... I had to give up - I just can't do it man! After that second hour I realized I would literally have to put in an 8 hour work day to come up with all of them haha. I had to let this contest go... but to whoever wins this one my hat is off to them, they deserve the smokes they receive... they will be WELL earned! And I don't mean this to sound ungrateful or anything like that so please don't get me wrong. Someone is going to earn themselves some serious smokes and Jonesy your generosity has amazed me!

After that second hour I realized I would literally have to put in an 8 hour work day to come up with all of them haha.

That's about right. I'm nearly done with finding all of the answers and hitting the eight hour mark. But, I was fun browsing the history of both Newbie Wars to rule people out. :cool:

Pass arrived today and everything is in order. I will go trough and list my P/T for approval and try to get it out ASAP.

Ok, after looking through this thing here are my p/t for approval:

# 30- Tatuaje Regios / #59- Cohiba Black Supremo
#36- PAM Monarca / #60- Anejo #49
#53- DPG Lancero / #61- Work of Art Maduro

Let me know what you think guys.

Ok, after looking through this thing here are my p/t for approval:

Let me know what you think guys.
They all look good to me.

Wow! I can not believe that this is reaching the end already! It has been quite the learning experience, thank you all for the active participation.

Brian, thanks for another contest. I wish I could participate but I am just slammed at work right now.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

DC

I'm going to go ahead and research the list so I can make my decision as soon as it comes to me to get back off to you Brian ASAP. It has been getter hotter down here in the "Deep South".

Wow! I can not believe that this is reaching the end already! It has been quite the learning experience, thank you all for the active participation.

Brian, thanks for another contest. I wish I could participate but I am just slammed at work right now.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

DC

I second what he said. Brian your the man for doing this for us.

A question on rarity. How rare are the Hemmingway maduros, like a classic maduro? I know Tampasweethearts lists them in their e-mail only section, and that I have never seem them in a store. Thanks.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='686624' date='Jun 27 2008, 12:30 PM']A question on rarity. How rare are the Hemmingway maduros, like a classic maduro? I know Tampasweethearts lists them in their e-mail only section, and that I have never seem them in a store. Thanks.[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'd place the rarity of Hemi maduros in the same league as that of Opus X and Anejos. I don't think that a Padron 1964 or 1926 would make a good put, as, although valuable, they can be found just about anywhere at MSRP.

I guess for clarity I was thinking about using either a Hemi Signature maduro or Hemi Classic Maduro as one of my puts in the next round. To help in figuring out what was a reasonable take for this I was wondering about their rarity. I know the WOAM is up there with the opus X and anejo but have heard little about the other maduros being exceptionally hard to find.

edit to spell checked

Generally I would say the hemingway maduro classic/sig/masterpiece are more common than opus/anejos but less common than Padron 1964/1926 lines. However their inflated value is still less than most of the premium Padrons so imo it would sort of balance out. Just my 2 cents, it is really up to the pass host.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='686670' date='Jun 27 2008, 02:20 PM']I guess for clarity I was thinking about using either a Hemi Signature maduro or Hemi Classic Maduro as one of my puts in the next round. To help in figuring out what was a reasonable take for this I was wondering about their rarity. I know the WOAM is up there with the opus X and anejo but have heard little about the other maduros being exceptionally hard to find.

edit to spell checked[/quote]

According to the AF reference thread, the MSRPs of the Hemi Maduro Classic and Signature are $7.25 and $6.50, respectively. There doesn't seem to be anything in the pass at one of these price points that is as rare as a Hemi Maddie. The WOAM is $7.35, so I'm not sure if that would work with the Classic, but there are plenty of non-rare sticks that can be the take of a Hemi Maduro put based on value.

This is just my interpretation, so let's get Brian's opinion. :thumbs:

Sounds good to me James. When you look at the list, also take into account the sticks that madmidget has proposed because as far as I'm concerned he's good to go.

With that being said, I guess these are my finalized P/T:

I have marked everything accordingly and repackaged the pass. Beads seemed a bit dry so I spritzed them a bit and sealed the box with an excessive amount of tape. I will shoot it to Sims via Priority since I can get it out tomorrow. Since he is so close, it might even be there Monday but probably Tuesday at the latest. We are suppose to have a slight break in the heat, so hopefully it will drop below 90 for a few days.

Thank you everyone for making this such a valuable learning experience for me. I look forward to taking part in others once the temps here in "South Hell" cool off quite a bit.

And thanks Jonesy, for sponsoring this pass and the contests. You run a great pass. Hope to be apart of another in the future. :thumbs:

edited for grammar