• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting your feet wet pass

Okay Kids,

Looks like I'm first up to the plate. Here we go:

T: #20) Illusione CG4 / P: #33) Camacho 10th Anniversary Toro
T: #32) Tatuaje Verocu #1 Lado Occidental (West coast) / P: #34) Arturo Fuente Anejo #48
T: #4) Arturo Fuente Work of Art Maduro / P: #35) Padilla 1932 Toro

Dont forget the week of June 15th I will be in Vegas
you going to still be there on the 21st? thats when I get there.

No, I fly out on the 20th. It seems that everyone on CP is going to Vegas in June but not when I will be there.
whoops I totally blew it I'm going to be in Vegas May 20-27, for the CP Herf

Switch me and Aeroscott in the pass order and problem solved.

Mark

OK gents, due to some schedule conflicts I've retooled the pass lineup to try and accomodate those that will be traveling. We will still be starting off with Souldog24ca but the pass won't go out until Monday morning.

Thanks Brian, anybody else in this pass going to the CP herf in Las Vegas?

edit for spelling herf without a F

OK gents, due to some schedule conflicts I've retooled the pass lineup to try and accomodate those that will be traveling. We will still be starting off with Souldog24ca but the pass won't go out until Monday morning.

Thanks Brian. This is a huge help!

Mark

Okay Kids,

Looks like I'm first up to the plate. Here we go:

T: #32) Tatuaje Verocu #1 Lado Occidental (West coast) / P: #34) Arturo Fuente Anejo #48
Since we have our first P/T's of the pass and this is a learning experience for all of us, let's discuss this set of P/T's and see what we can learn. Pass participants discussion only please.

To me it looks like these are very generous puts in the upward direction. At least for the Camacho and Padilla. I am unfamiliar with the Anejo #48.

To me it looks like these are very generous puts in the upward direction. At least for the Camacho and Padilla. I am unfamiliar with the Anejo #48.
Agreed.

Not sure what the rarity of these are though. That to me is the real hard part, figuring what is considered HTF and rare.

I'm a little confused on how to use the comparison shopper link for singles, when it mostly shows box prices. But if I just divide the price of a box by how many smokes in the box....

I get:

The Camacho 10th comes out to a few bucks (4 ish) more than the Illusione cg4...

The Anejo MSRP is a couple bucks less than that Tatuaje which usually MSRP's for about $9-10 according to Vitolas.net and comparison shopper... but I don't know how you factor in rarity... the Anejo I think is harder to come by?

And the WOAM technically MSRP's 3-4 bucks cheaper than the Padilla... but from my experience a WOAM is harder to come by at MSRP?

So in conclusion, I'm completely lost and have no idea if these are good P/T's :rolleyes: If anything they do seem on the generous side.

I agree that the puts are an upgrade to the takes. I base this assessment on the price and rarity of the puts. I've never seen an anejo in a store.

I agree with all of you that these are very generous puts in terms of $/$ amount but what we need to look at here is the rarity factor. The WOAM is a couple times a year release and it's being replaced with a Padilla 1932 toro which is a regular production, highly available cigar. Even though the dollar amount looks good most pass hosts will nix this trade because of the availibility factor on both. Now if the P/T's looked like this:

T: #32) Tatuaje Verocu #1 Lado Occidental (West coast) / P: #34) Padilla 1932 toro
T: #4) Arturo Fuente Work of Art Maduro / P: #35) Arturo Fuente Anejo #48

Then you have a limited production cigar with a slightly higher MSRP ( the anejo 48 ) going for another limited production cigar in the WOAM. One of the easiest mistakes to make in a pass is thinking that because regular production cigar X has a dollar value of $15, I can trade it for limited prodution cigar Y valued at $12 because I made up for it in value. I was in a pass and made the same mistake. I tried trading a Diamond Crown #7 maduro which you can't find in all B&M's but are fairly easy to get your hands on valued at $18 for a BTL valued @ $13. I thought it would be a good trade because I was increasing the value by $5 and going by the general pass rule of "leaving a pass better then you received it", but I was quickly shot down by several members because I lacked the rarity for rarity in the trade. Rarity is a hard thing to understand and even harder to put a price on but think about the cigar you're taking and ask yourself "is this something I can readily get" and then think about the cigar you're putting in it's place and ask the same thing. 9 times out of 10 this will help you in your judgement on your trades regarding simple rarity.

BTW, Jonathan, in no way am I criticizing your P/T's, this was just an easy way to explain simple rarity.

edited to fix spelling and punctuation

Rarity is a hard thing to understand and even harder to put a price on but think about the cigar you're taking and ask yourself "is this something I can readily get" and then think about the cigar you're putting in it's place and ask the same thing. 9 times out of 10 this will help you in your judgement on your trades regarding simple rarity.

As simple as the above statement may seem, it really helped put this into perspective for me. Thank you.

BTW- Got your package today Jonesy. You are the master of the 5'er. You sent me 4 sticks that I had resting in my humi and 1 I really wanted to try. Thank you. I was able to enjoy 2 that I had today knowing I had replacements for them. Made watching Kyle Busch win the race almost enjoyable. :laugh: Thanks again.

Now if the P/T's looked like this:

T: #32) Tatuaje Verocu #1 Lado Occidental (West coast) / P: #34) Padilla 1932 toro
T: #4) Arturo Fuente Work of Art Maduro / P: #35) Arturo Fuente Anejo #48

BTW, Jonathan, in no way am I criticizing your P/T's, this was just an easy way to explain simple rarity.

edited to fix spelling and punctuation

:0

GARRRHH!!! RABBLE RABBLE FLAME FLAME!!!! :get's kicked out of CP in a blaze of glory on Brian's pass:

:p :p :sign: :sign:

Just kiddin'. It's a joke, no sarcasm, etc. I'm pretty sure Brian knows I'm joking anyways. Thanks for the input boys, ;) I am good with the proposed P/T's by Jonesy. Good learning experience IMHO. :cool:

If noone opposes these P/Ts, I'd like to move forward with that when the passy pass arrives?

EDIT: Check that out...995 posts. You'll never see that again. (Boy I'm tired this morning...)

Here is where the learning curve steepens! Those Anejos sound great. I will definitely be on the look out for them this Fathers day.

On the MSRP trades, is there a range that we are trying to stay within? I have seen some references in the .25 to .50 range. As I am doing my research, this is looking like a tricky target to hit.

Jonathan, thanks for having thick skin and being the first guinea pig in this pass.

I'm not going to scrutinize every trade as I know what most cigars MSRP is. The main pass rule is "Leave the pass better than how you received it." This doesn't particularly pertain to P/T's... if the box becomes damaged and you can replace it, please do. If someone forgets to put the pen back in and you have a spare, throw it in there. It's all little things like this that keep the pass running smoothly. I added a bag of 100 single cigar bags so we should be good on them. I also placed a bag of 10 AVO LE08's in the pass for each one of you to take and try so please only take one when the pass gets to you.

BTW, the pass is airborne headed towards Souldoggy as we speak!

Quick question.

What is the wrapper on the Flora Fina 858.

Other then this I have my P/Ts in mind and as soon as Jonathon gets it I can post them to be commented on.

Josh

OK, now that I am totally lost. ??? But that's why this pass will so good for us noob's. Learning, learning, learning.