• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gin or Vodka?

The true definition of a Martini:

Gin poured into a Martini glass, drop in a couple of olives. All the time whispering the word vermouth! :D

gin definitly. Used to always be saphire unitil I found dramrak which imho blows bombay away. It a wine tasting I was at a week or so ago they were making dirty martinis with this but instead of using olives and olive juice they used peppadew peppers and juice. I immediately bought a bottle of both.

I love vodka, the taste of it is nice and clean, while gin is ick too damn juniper tasting, and yes I have tried lots, I was a bartender and a bar manager for about 7 years.

Vodka, it is much smoother, cleaner. Gin no matter what kind tastes kind of oily to me, I cant deal with it. Vodka on the other hand you cant go wrong with no matter what the drink. A drink like a Martini where the Vodka dominates then Absolute is the only way to go. The only one I'll drink on the rocks. Smirnoff blue label for Kamikazis of course.

I remember in the book 1984 they describe the horrible cheap gin the masses drink is described as oily among other things and it just stuck with me. All gin seems that way to me.

Vodka is the way to go. Has anyone every tried 3 Olives? Goose is always a favorite, and while I like to experiment nothing beats a good martini straight up IMHO ;)

BenjieV :D

Def. Vodka. I'm with the stoli lovers. One minor exception, I don't care if its come out of the freezer or I go in after it :0 :p

Definitely Vodka. I'm in a kick where I'm making a really mean SPICEY Bloody Mary.

That sounds really good Horse. I love 'em hot and spicy, with a lime squeeze. :)

Gin for me. Bomb Bay and tonic, with double shots of Jager on the side. I do tend to wake up with one wicked F*$#&^ head pounder. But sharing these with a nice smoke is worth it to me.

Yea Styx - I think I know what you mean :D :D

Not to start an argument - BUT IT AIN'T A MARTINI IF IT AIN"T GIN!!! :D :D

Bombay Saphire and its ten special aromatics is the only way to go!

Anyone want to name them and their source for a fiver??? :0 :0

Dawn - you can't play - and you know why! :sign: :sign:

Okay here it goes.

Anglica (Saxony)
Cassia Bark (Indo-China)
Licquorice (China)
Juniper Berries (Italy)
Orris (Italy)
Grains of Paradise (W. Africa)
Almond (Spain)
Corriander (Morrocco)
Lemon Peel (Spain)
Culeb Berries (Java)

I think thats all 10 ;)

Oh almost forgot my source Jake the bartender at the Wooley Toad Cigar Bar, Newcastle Golf Club :thumbs:

Well Kurt, :p Looks like benjiev got ya before I could get to the kitchen counter :p and get mine :angry: . I KNOW WHATS IN YOUR HUMI :sneaky: !!!!!! When are you leaving for Florida, and you are still needing me to keep an eye on Zina and Callie and the four birds and cat ;) ?

Sorry Folks - Not at home and had probs getting hooked up -

You got it Benjiev... :thumbs:

PM Sent -

Styx - I know what's in your boxes as well - Besides, that one was too easy for you!

Vodka is the only alcoholic beverage I drink. Usually as a vodka & tonic or a vodka martini. :)

No wine, beer, or other spirits for me, due to allergic reactions :( . The vodka has to be made from potatos [the old-fashioned way], no rye, wheat, other grains, or grapes.

The Mrs. is a gin & tonic lady.

Regards,

FA