• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good Morning S / BOTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all and of course, the coffee is on. It was a super three day weekend filled with NASCAR which proved to be that this year will be a great racing season. I also got a lot done logistically wise for this saturday's Quad State Herf III. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we have some half decent weather for the Herf but rain or shine / snow, this event is gonna be a great time to be had by all. I hope all of you have a great week and you get to enjoy a couple of your favorites....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Oh yeah, we're down to 4 days until it's party time!!!!

I'm just getting ready to turn in for the night. You get up too early. :D

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. What's great about this board Wildcard is that we have "Night Owls" and "Early Birds" and sometimes are paths cross :D . Anyway, it's already Wednesday and the week is half over, so a Happy Hump Day greeting is well deserved. I've read a lot of articles on the internet about Castro stepping down but I really don't see anything changing as the politicians actually prefer that Cuba remain the way it presently is. You just never know though, ole' Raul might want to negotiate and free Cuba and ask for help to rebuild return Cuba to a super vacation spot. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and smokes a favorite or two....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

3 days till the Quad State Herf III is here!!!!!!

Good morning all and Yes, the coffee is on. I'll have to tell you all, it's been like Christmas around here for the past few week as boxes get delivered everyday from different cigar companies / shop owners that are supporting this Saturday's Quad State Herf III. I want to personally thank each and everyone of you myself for supporting this great event that will benefit a great "Cause", The Families of the Fallen Fireman & Policeman from 9-11. I just look around my sports / computer room in total awe at all the cooledors full and all the merchandise that will be given away on Saturday. Anyway, since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening enjoying premium stogies and going over the task lists to make sure we have everything ready for Saturday. I hope everyone has a great day and you get to enjoy a favorite cigar today as well........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Oh yeah, it's only 2 more days till the QSH III.

Good morning all and TGIF!!! The coffee is on and I've been awake since 0345 (3:45am) conducting the West Point Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call. After a few minutes of discussion with a number of key leaders to include the Garrison Commander, we have called a "Code Red" all day, yeah baby, 3 day weekend.

http://cgi.usma.edu/WeatherConditions/

USMA Snow Policy (Non-emergency positions)

"WEST POINT IS CODE RED ALL DAY." Only employees in emergency positions should report to work. Employees in non-emergency positions should not report to work until their next regularly scheduled workday.

So with the Quad State Herf III tomorrow, I have the whole day today to play in the snow and get things ready for the Herf. I'll probably stop over at Schlesinger's and see how things are to include checking on the fest tent that was erected yesterday. I'm not worrying about the tent though as it will take a NorEaster to knock that baby down the way it's tied and staked down. Anyway, I'll be around all day checkin' my emails and the forum if anyone has any questions / concerns in reference to the Herf. I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Just to let everyone know, we're less than 32 hours from Herfin'!!!!

Good morning all and yes, today is the Quad State Herf III. I've been working hard on this one for a good 3 months now and it's all paying off. Yesterday Tom (hudsonvalley), Rick (rrick57) and I packaged up roughly 1200 cigars for goodie bags and inventoried all the merchandise / swag for the door prizes / grand prize raffles. We were totally amazed ourselves how supportive the cigar community is to help out with a great "Cause" such as the fund for both. "The Families of the Fallen Fireman & Policeman from 9-11". It's a benefit that's near and dear to me and I hope we raise quite a bit for both. Well, enough of the sensitive stuff, it's time to party!!!!! I'll see all you Herfers in roughly 8 hours and drive carefully on your way up to Schlesinger's / Hudson Valley Cigars........ :D :thumbs: :cool:

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!

stogieman, too much party last night and sleeping in? I checked it to see how it went. Look at your posts everyday and enjoy them.

Terry

Hello all, I've been up since around 0800 (8am) but I had some stuff to take care of. See my post about the Herf and it will explain it all........ :D :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning all, the coffee is on and I'm glad for it. I'm finally recovering from Saturday's Quad Herf III which was a huge success. All day yesterday I was receiving calls from Cigar Reps and good friends as to how good a time they had. I'm glad the weather worked out and no one had any hassle that I know of. Oh well, now it's time to think about next year's event and when we want to schedule it and all :D . Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and you get to enjoy a few of the finer things in life........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning all and yes, I'm on my 4th cup of joe. Long story but I've been up since 0345 and being that we have house guests, I came to the office early and got a bunch of work done since I was awake. The weather folks are calling for some crappy weather today so I might be getting out early depending what we get, i.e., frozen rain, snow or what ever. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a couple of their favorites....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning all and a Happy Hump Day greeting to everyone. The coffee is on and it looks like bagels are on this morning's breakfast menu. We'll be spending most of the day at Saxjazzman's work location today as Carlos is the Jewish Chaplain on West Point and we are hosting our annual Pandemic Influenza tabletop exercize in their main social hall. We have roughly 60 guests attending from all all, i.e., local and community officials, higher headquarters, Air Force from Stewart Airbase, ect. It should be a great day and meeting our counterparts is always a good thing. Then later on this evening, I'm going over to Tom's (hudsonvalley) to take care of something that came in the mail before he takes of to Canada in the morning. I hope all of you have a super day and smoke a favorite cigar if you get the chance........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning everyone and yes, the joe is brewin'. All I can say is that this week is flying by and it's already Thursday. Meetings, presentations, high priorities and the next thing I know, here we are. I can't wait until this evening to kick back at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars and smoke a favorite or two and just relax and enjoy the break. If there are any of you that are in the area and have some free time, stop on by and enjoy a cigar with us and don't forget to bring along a good fishing story :D . I hope all have a super day and enjoy a favorite or two as well........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning all and TGIF!!! It was a fast and furious week with meeting after meeting, breifings and and other training events that made the week fly by. Anyway, the coffee is on and I'll be headin' over to the West Point Dining Facility (mess hall) this morning for some good Army chow. Well, we had a great time at Schlesinger's last night with a good crowd of regulars and a few locals to include Carlos (Saxjazzman) and Lou (LouieD) that have joining the ranks of the Thursday night club. I enjoyed smoking a Gurkha Grand Aged Churchill which was quite tastey. Here is a link to tell you a little bit about the stick:

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=464

Definitely a full flavored cigar with tons of creamy smoke that lasted a good 1.5 hours.

I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and gets to enjoy a few of their favorites if at all posible...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Hey Charlie, nice to see you. Back to work for me today but Monday I'l be in court (no, not as a defendant :whistling: ) Got called to jury duty. Finishing up the java myself and will be out pretty soon.
Have a good day all and TGIF!

Good morning all and yes, the joe is on. I'm thinkin' about running out into town and picking up a couple of fresh bagels this morning for Beth and I. They were predicting 4 to 8 inches of snow last night but it must have went north as all we ended up with is about and inch and a half of the white stuff. I know that NERF 2008 is going on today and I hope everyone going has a great time and they get there and return home safely. Smoke a favorite cigar or two everyone and enjoy this great day....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning all, coffee is on and the sun is out in full force. The weather guessers are calling for a great walking day today and here is the weeks prediction:

Sunday: Sunny. High 42F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday night: Mainly clear skies. Low 24F. Winds light and variable.
Monday: Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High 53F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
Monday night: Partly to mostly cloudy. Low 41F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday (24 hours): Showers. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the low 40s.
Wednesday (24 hours): Light rain. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the upper 20s.
Thursday (24 hours): Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the low 30s.
Friday (24 hours): Rain and snow showers. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 30s.
Saturday (24 hours): Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

http://weather.aol.com/

Since the NASCAR race is in Las Vegas today and the starting time is 1530 (3:30), I'll either run over to Schlesinger's and see what the fellas are doing over there and / or pick out a favorite cigar and go for a nice afternoon walk through town. It'll all depend on if it's windy or not if I feel like walking :D . Anyway, I hope everyone has a super day and enjoys a favorite as well........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. As I posted yesterday, it's feeling like spring is in the air and the winter is coming to an end. I know that we're gonna have a few more cold evenings but gernerally it's transitioning to the spring time again. I stopped by Schlesinger's yesterday and enjoyed a 601 Maduro Torpedo Cigar. The 601 Serie is the latest line from United Tobacco. These cigars are handmade in Nicaragua by Pepin Garcia exclusively for United Tobacco. The 601 is manufactured at Pepins new factory in Esteli, Nicaragua. The blend is a rich and complex blend of Nicaraguan tobaccos topped off with a beautiful dark and oily Nicaraguan Habano wrapper. The 601 is not for the faint of heart, it is very full bodied. Afterwards, I went home to relax on the sofa and watch the NASCAR race from Las Vegas. Carl Edwards won two weeks in a row and my driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. (driving the #88 National Guard / Amp car) came in 2nd. Overall it was a good race but Goodyear has to fix the tire problem that they presently have at that track as they had too many ride side blow outs. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of their favorites...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back