• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hands across America Pass!!!

Things are cookin!! My email box was crammed when I got home tonight. For everyone that says this cant be done, we will find out for sure now. If not then at least it was proven. Judging from the response so far though It looks pretty good. Its a bit rocky in the midwest so far as expected but its only been 2 days for signup. Now,I am replying to everyone that sings up. If you havent gotten a reply and dont get a reply for 24 hours then there may have been a problem with your email or your return address. I did have 2 returned. If you dont recieve a reply from me plese resend and ensure your email adress is correct.Thanks everyone

jeffro, maybe it's too early in theplanning to ask, but how many smokes do you plan on putting in the tupperdor? Are you gonna' cram one full or just put in 15 or so and let the passers do their thing??? this should be cool; it's be neat to put a "log book" or journal where everyone could put an entry in detailing their part of the pass. That's something to tell the grandkids!!!! Or anyone for that matter! I know you're bust but I thought I'd ask anyway! :^)Ryan

It is a little early to say how many but its gonna have to be a big thing. Maybe a cooler? The only thing is this also needs to get on a plane to Hawaii so a cooler would be tough. Im figuring between 50 and 100 smokes to start though

Jeff,Heard from some of the guys here in the middle of nowhere who are on the JRBB. It looks like the Aloha State may still be able to participate and change those 2500 miles to 25. We've got a plan that could possibly work. Will, let you know ASAP.

This is going to be one of the MOST interesting cigar passes ever. :cool:

Ok Heres were we stand so far, WE NEED SOME HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.. FRom west virginia down through Georgia it is a bit sparse. We do have people there, 6 in Va,1 in WV, and a few in the carolinas through Ga. There is a person traveling from Va to Fla down 95 so we can overcome any shortfalls through this area. We've got Mobile Al and biloxi MS but we could use somebody or bodie between biloxi and Shreveport La. We also need help from San Antonio to Phoenix. Then from Phoenix to San diego. Northern Cali could use some help and then Oregon too as we only have 1 person in Oregon so far.From Seattle to minnesoto there isnt anything!! No big surprise there so if we have to we will mail it. We may still luck out and get someone traveling from there. I dont see too many people wanting to make that drive!!!Anyway from Ohio back to CT is no problem. So if anyone knows anyone in those areas where we need some help please contact them and encourage them to join. Realistically another 20 people in key areas would make this work except for perhaps the seattle to wisconson run but I think theres only about 30 people living up that way anyway!! LOL

Hey Jef it's looking good man! My hats off to ya' for working your @ss off on this!

Thanks Big worm!! Its actually not to bad right now. If it were to get to the 300-500 mark then it would be a nightmare but I could still do it. As for your ealier question about the starting line up. I was looking throught the humi and theres a few boxes of fuente stuff in there I may start off with as well as an assortment of isoms for the people that prefer those. Also some VSG Illusions and corona gordas, fuente hemingways to include short story,signature and classic although Im getting low on the classics so they may not make it in. Maybe a box of padron 2000 or 3000, CAO, I forget which ones, I know theres a box in there somewhere though. Im sure there will be over 100 very good smokes!!Im also looking for an inexpensive digital camera so we can get live updates from people across the country. Rod, has very graciously volunteered to host this event and he will be setting up a page just for us. It will actually help to have 1 page as a point of contact as right now I have to post to 5 different sites to keep people in the loop.

Good deal! SOunds like an interesting start and one that definitely has some planning behind it! How long HAVE you been planning this anyway??? :^) My hats off to Rod for hosting the event also; ain't it great when people come together over a common leaf, er, I mean bond...yeah that's it!!

Been Planning this since the night I posted it in an alchohol induced state!! i HAD READ ABOUT DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS BEFORE AND THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA. Always heard it couldnt be done so i thought I would try it. We have less than 100 people right now and I was hoping for more at least 200 to pull this off. Now it looks like with 20 people in the right places we could probably do it but I havent gotten any new entries over the weekend. Ive hit every major cigar thread too. Any Ideas?

Only idea I can think of is to have each person that has signed up for the pass contact their friends and get them to commit to it, it just might work! An alcohol induced state, huh? Funny how things just "happen" when you get that way!!! :wink:Ryan

Well it wasnt heavily induced!! Sometimes you have to just do it!! Its the only way it gets done!!Ok First Official email was sent tonight. If you dont recieve it please email me so we can make sure you are on the listJeff

"We are the world, we are the children....dum dum dum de dum de dum dum!" Heck, I might even break down and learn the second verse (first also) when we get this thing rolling. How about, "We are fam-i-ly, I've got all my stogies with me! We are fam-i-ly, give me some NIC-O-TINE! Yeah!""Rollin', rollin', rollin', keep those stogies rollin', kept those stogies rollin' - RAAWHIDE!"Cigar lighter clicks. "This is a 50 gauge VSG Magnum, the most powerful cigar on earth. It can blow your head CLEAN off. So you have to ask yourself - do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?" Herf, herf, herf.Dirty Harry, circa 1972.Hey, do I get to write off my gas mileage for this pass as a legitimate business expense? I was working...well, sort of!Is there a federal law prohibiting the transport of ISOMs across state lines? What do I tell the officer if they pull me over and I'm carrying 900 Cohibas and 75 boxes of Mayorga coffee in the back seat? Will Cigar Pass.com post bail? This is going to be interesting, to say the least.

ROTFLMAO @ SAM!!!!! On that note, I'm going to bed!!!That's too much!!! :biggrin:

Actually Sam there is a law about carrying possessing, trading buying selling of isoms. Its the trading with the enemys act. Tell him they are all dominican!!!Great post by the way

Got any estimates on kickofff of this baby? I know it's early but I was curious as to the timeframe you were looking at. Thanks.

Im shooting for 1 week!!! Lots of work to do. I still need to fill some gaps so this doesnt get stuck someplace!! The west coast especially!!! Oregon to northen cal is empty!!

Hello Jeff,I'm new to the group but this sounds like fun. Count me in. I live in Northern Kentucky. Just let me know what I need to do to get on board.Thanks and good luck!SKYDIVNEKD

Welcome to the BB SKYDIVNEKD! Jeff, have you used the Guiness Book of World Records line for advertising? This may be a good selling point...I know I want to be included in the largest pass ever! I really think that we should try to get a record. If a guy with 25+ long fingernails can get a record, so can we! I say hold off a couple more weeks and do some more advertising on other BBs. If you want help with that, I can help ya. I think this could be something really big and I want to be a part of it!