• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hands across America Pass!!!

welcome to the board sky!! just send me your city and state and your in!! simple as that!!

Puro, Im with ya buddy but as Ive posted I have some dead spots in the carolinas. At the same time I have someone that is driving from Va to Fla and can get us through those spots. once we are through those we still have some hurdles on the west coast but they are narrowing and then from the west coast to I'll or so. Look s like we would have to use snail mail fron the west coast:(:( Tough decision to make for me right now. Do I go with the sure thing down the coast or wait and hpe we fill some more of those gaps??I have posted all over the net the same thing that was posted here. Maybe we could advertise the world record more, and maybe that would draw more attention. Ill take any help I can get on this. If you do post anything just make sure they send me an email with their city and state.Thanks Puro!!

Jeff,I live in Newport, KY. Let me know when this will take off because I will be going to West Virginia in October. Keep us posted.SKYDIVNEKD

Hey Sky, did you send me an email? I have so many things going on its hard to keep track of the emails and the screen names and trying to keep them all together.

Jeff,The e-mail just went out. Let me know if there is a problem.SKYDIVNEKD

Ok Jeff, I'll see what I can do. This may sound crazy but maybe we could have a few local cigar shop sponsor this thid pass! If we could get a shop or two in the places we have spots open they could advertise in their shop and get the word out. "Be part of the Guiness Book Of Records!" I would read that sign. Maybe that's just me but it could work. What do you think Jeff? Finding local shops wouldn't be hard at all, their is a search engine on the web that finds cigar shops with a city and state you enter. If we did that, this could work.

Well, I tries submitting a "record to be attempted" to the Guiness Book of Records and their website is messed up. Every time I try it, it say all the necessary fields are not completed when in fact they are. I'll try again tonight. This is going to be awesome if it works out!

Wow! Puro Man...everytime that you post - you just keep getting better. I don't know what Jeff will think, but that sounds like a great suggestion to me. Cigar shops have two advantages, namely: (1) would help to fill in the "holes", and (2) who has more cigars to contribute than a cigar shop? Well, there are a couple of guys on this forum with Godizilladores, but other than that.....Wooohoooo!  :) As George Peppard used to say on the A-Team TV show, "I love it when a plan comes together!" :biggrin:We are the world.....
Sam :cool:

Absolutely Sam! They'll add to the box, fill in the holes and love us for it! I'm hoping this takes off b/c I want to see the size of the box that gets to my front door.AI-CO-RUMBA!"What is that," the neighbors will ask. "Oh nothing, just about 300 cigars for me to pick and chose from at my leasure:) Oh ya-lets get it on!

To paraphrase another A-Team saying:"Puro's on the jazz. man!" :biggrin:

I like the ideas guys. I really need to do something to start building some momentum for this. It started out great but petered out after a few days. I havent had a new person sign on in days. I also didnt want to piss off everyone at the other boards by posting this a million times. We have about 80 people right now. Unfortunately we still have some major gaps. We willalso have more by not getting this off the ground right away since I did have 1 peron going to hawaii and another driving down the east coast. Both could have filled some gaps but they arent going to put thier vacations on hold for this!! LOL. I think the listing of this pass in local cigar shops is a good idea. I would want all of the people joing the pass to have a cpu though so that we could maintain contact with everyone. What a nightmare if I have to make 300 phone calls as well as answer all the emails I get!! Maybe get Jr's and Fuente to sponsor us? I can talk to carlito about it in sept at the CFC in FLa. I was also thinking that maybe trying to get this going in 4 weeks was a bit agressive? If it kicks off in 4 months I think Ill be lucky!! LOL. Also, theres no way this is coming back by hand through the upper midwest!!! Theres noboday in those states!! even if there was they would have to drive 800 miles to pass to the next person. Thats asking a bit much!!! LMAO. In any event I should try and have a plan of action by the end of the weekend so people dont drop out that already signed up. We lost one today:(:( That makes 2 for the week!! Email me with any suggestions

Keep that chin up Jeff. It's gonna take some work but I hope you can pull it off.SKYDIVNEKD

The gaps should fill up in the midwest with the help of the cigar shops that will sponsor this. Sponsorship should be really easy, they get advertising, we get cigars! It works out for all. Don't worry though, things could pick up with their help FAST! Keep it up and I'll see what I can do!

Guys we are kicking this baby off!! Check out our pass page and our own forum!!! #### this is exciting now!!! I do believe we have the west coast covered!! Not only that but i was informed that we have someone from Alaska that will be at a herf in HI. So alaska will officially be covered in the pass!!

if its not to late I will join and I am in so calif I will offer to move the "box " might be a crate or a pallet as big as this is getting
up to 250 miles in any one direction like to vegas or phoniex or middle of calif if some body will meet me
snice I run a airport van service I would meet a fellow passer at the air if he is comeing through LAX or ONX <ontraio calif >
let me know if you need help