• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Thankful, and blessed. My daughter is in 2nd grade, exceeded benchmarks in Reading, Writting, and Math assessments. Significantly so. Last year she was at top 3-7 percent of 1st graders nationally, now, shes almost at 4 grade level. So damn proud of her, despite having her challenges to manage, she is so freakin awesome. Proud papa bear gloating done. :)

Thankful, and blessed. My daughter is in 2nd grade, exceeded benchmarks in Reading, Writting, and Math assessments. Significantly so. Last year she was at top 3-7 percent of 1st graders nationally, now, shes almost at 4 grade level. So damn proud of her, despite having her challenges to manage, she is so freakin awesome. Proud papa bear gloating done. :)
A Father's love is a wonderful thing happy for you buddy.

I just got back from a weekend with great guys. The time spent was much needed and well worth it. Enjoy your visit with John. I expect to hear details soon after! :cool:

Floyd T
My son just informed me that he got internet at his cabin in the national forest so we may be sending periodic details:cool: Previously we had to drive to a hilltop and sit for 15 minutes to get a couple text messages to go through.

This reminds me of a practical joke I played on a buddy years ago.

I used to like bass fishing, a guy who used to work with me was in a local bass club but he'd never really caught fish like I was used to catching. So he says he wants to go to Lake Fork, a big bass mecca that's sort of an overfished mess anymore. Anyway, he wants to go down in February to try to catch a big female pre-spawn. So we went, didn't do much good, I caught one fish over 7lbs and that was about it. Back then it was film cameras, I got him to pose with a fish, just something to show he was there I guess.

A year goes by, he calls and says the whole bass club is going down there, again in February. I remember the roll of film I never even got developed and told him I'd bring the pics by, something to remember our trip. Got the same day processing done, picked them up on a Wednesday and looked through them. Pulled out a couple that didn't need to be shared right then and went over to his place. They were leaving the next morning.

Thursday at lunch I took one of the pics I didn't show him down to the newspaper office. The old guy didn't know anything about bass fishing, which was great. I told him my buddy was way too humble to ever try to get his pic in the paper, so I wanted to do him a favor and put one of him in there. He took down the info and took a copy of the picture - the caption says February, I didn't tell him it was from last February.

It came out in the Sunday edition, front page of the Sports Section. They didn't get back into town until Sunday evening, walked in and his wife told him the phone had been ringing off the hook over the "fish picture". He didn't have a clue how any pics could have made it into the paper before he even got home. Then it dawned on him.

There were copies taped to the door of his office, his desk, guys in the bass club had laminated copies for him to sign. He wouldn't even take calls from me for a while.

Tyson.jpg

Last edited: