• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Never in my long life would I have thought I would see the " Beast " live. I'm sitting in my gazebo having my morning stick and coffee and begin to hear this loud sound of a prop driven plane, and I'm at attention. It keeps coming and getting louder. We are in a flight path to two major local Dallas airports, DFW and Love field, so planes are plentiful. Thought it was a V22 Osprey at first. Anyway, on it comes and I'm looking hard. Then, there it was at 2900 feet ( I use a program called Flight Aware so I can watch and monitor what I'm seeing ). So what was it, only a B-29 Superfortress And according to the chart which you can see I hope, 77 years old. What a great sight. How great can it be to see one live and in person. Wow. If you look down by Italy Texas you will see the plane in red and it's flight path, notice the time stamp and date so you know I'm not having a brain fart ( not uncommon ).

E6911DDD-5D6D-4795-AF82-3CE855FBBDB0.png

Never in my long life would I have thought I would see the " Beast " live. I'm sitting in my gazebo having my morning stick and coffee and begin to hear this loud sound of a prop driven plane, and I'm at attention. It keeps coming and getting louder. We are in a flight path to two major local Dallas airports, DFW and Love field, so planes are plentiful. Thought it was a V22 Osprey at first. Anyway, on it comes and I'm looking hard. Then, there it was at 2900 feet ( I use a program called Flight Aware so I can watch and monitor what I'm seeing ). So what was it, only a B-29 Superfortress And according to the chart which you can see I hope, 77 years old. What a great sight. How great can it be to see one live and in person. Wow. If you look down by Italy Texas you will see the plane in red and it's flight path, notice the time stamp and date so you know I'm not having a brain fart ( not uncommon ).

View attachment 47789
That's awesome Ed what a cool view!!

So in an effort to balance out my Unhappy post I submit this for my Happy post:
1. I did a ruck workout this morning and for those who don’t know what that is, you put 20-50 pounds in a back pack go walk several miles. I burned about 80cal per 10 minutes while running is more like 100 cal per 10 minutes. But it allowed us to talk while doing this and the topics we covered made up for the longer time for less miles. It was fun.
2. I went on a lunch date with my wife and a vineyard and it was a great 2 hour lunch with a beautiful setting and great time with the wife.
3. Yesterday’s test was graded. 88%. Not as good as I would have liked but a very respectful score nonetheless.

View attachment 47789
So cool!!

View attachment 47789
I didnt even know these were still in the air. What an experience!

View attachment 47789
My grandfather in front of his B17 Bomber the Little Lass (he’s top left). His plane went down on his 13th mission just off the shores of the Netherlands. Picked up by a German Minesweeper boat and spent two years in Stalag Luft III POW camp before being liberated by elements of Pattons Army. Said they just woke up one morning and had no idea where all the guards and staff disappeared to. Hard to believe they’d turn over such a beast of a bird to a 22 year old man and put him in charge of a crew of what many would consider immature boys today. He said you were thought of as an old man if you were 24 or 25. I’ve seen a few of them operational at air shows. So sexy, and I love the smell of the fuel, oil, and hydraulic oil. Noisy as well. No wonder he was so hard of hearing.
79850C67-3676-46E9-884D-EF553753FE6A.jpeg
7976F016-52BD-48BF-880A-644688FB1933.jpeg

I think doggles are the coolest thing a dog can wear.
We had another male bullie and when she tried them on him, he would just lay down and refused to move. I swear, it just sucked the life right out of him. He freakin hated them things, and he was the most laid back English I’d ever seen. Funny to watch though.

Floyd T

ps: you should have seen the shit show when she bought them puppy boots for winter!!! Phuking hilarious!

View attachment 47789
Thats awesone Ed!

That would make my day!

Just had a new-fangled stress test. They stimulate the heart chemically ....... no tread mill. It was one minute from injection to completion.

Nausea, chest tightness, general shit feeling for 45 seconds.

Nuclear junk injected ...... they said I would be radioactive for 3 days.

Thank God its done and I can go play golf, drink beer, and smoke a cigar!