• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

First and foremost, my wife’s family finally left after descending on our house for Christmas today. You know, the type, they don’t watch their kids as they drink, party, and carry on. So, cheese balls, candy, and other food ground into carpet and furniture. Then there’s the brother in law who helps himself to anything and everything without asking (thank God he doesn’t smoke cigars). I mean, what’s mine is yours, but ask first and don’t be greedy. Drinks all my good Cuban Rum! Takes a sip of Abraxas after helping himself, declares it crap, and pours the rest of the glass and bottle down the drain. Sleeps in my sons bedroom and helps himself to to all his stocking stuffer English chocolate we got him for Christmas. Don’t even get me started on how as a group they’d fix breakfast for example, then go off sightseeing, leaving every bit of the mess for my wife and I to sort. I always insist on helping when I’m a guest, and contribute to the food and alcohol. I thought the English were supposed to have better manners... They’re f’ng gone! ???

As therapy, my son and I shot clay pigeons in the backyard. Felt good and helped me relax! We should have written family member names on the skeet. Lol!
7F3890A2-0109-4E52-A93F-E7F0B8C680E1.jpeg

Dude, he drain poured Abraxas? What a fucking idiot.

In-laws suck, sorry John. We need to get together to fix this shit, maybe in April, when I'm jobless. I can come and drink all your swill and smoke your old crusty cigars.

Dude, he drain poured Abraxas? What a fucking idiot.

In-laws suck, sorry John. We need to get together to fix this shit, maybe in April, when I'm jobless. I can come and drink all your swill and smoke your old crusty cigars.
You have kinder words for him than I did!
I know you have manners as all my brothers and sisters here do.... So, doors always open! ?

Dang you can shoot in your back yard?! Jealous!
15 acres of woods around/behind us which leads directly to 1,500 acres of Spotsylvania Civil War Battlefield National Park. ?

How far to a grocery store?
Three minute drive. Ten minutes to local shopping and two hospitals in either direction. Blue dot is my house, and pink tag is the park/woods behind me. This area is full of Civil War history and National Parks observing it. We got lucky when we bought the place. Had no idea what was behind me at the time. You’d never know it pulling into my driveway as we live close on a semi busy road. The rear is a private oasis.

FB58DCE4-B837-449D-9BE2-BFFC985AAEF8.jpeg

First and foremost, my wife’s family finally left after descending on our house for Christmas today. You know, the type, they don’t watch their kids as they drink, party, and carry on. So, cheese balls, candy, and other food ground into carpet and furniture. Then there’s the brother in law who helps himself to anything and everything without asking (thank God he doesn’t smoke cigars). I mean, what’s mine is yours, but ask first and don’t be greedy. Drinks all my good Cuban Rum! Takes a sip of Abraxas after helping himself, declares it crap, and pours the rest of the glass and bottle down the drain. Sleeps in my sons bedroom and helps himself to to all his stocking stuffer English chocolate we got him for Christmas. Don’t even get me started on how as a group they’d fix breakfast for example, then go off sightseeing, leaving every bit of the mess for my wife and I to sort. I always insist on helping when I’m a guest, and contribute to the food and alcohol. I thought the English were supposed to have better manners... They’re f’ng gone! ???

As therapy, my son and I shot clay pigeons in the backyard. Felt good and helped me relax! We should have written family member names on the skeet. Lol!
View attachment 24156
I wish I could shoot skeet in my backyard.

Ok John, first off remember that we whooped Engadget in 1776, then again in 1812. We saved their as in 1912,and again in 1942. In laws, by Law of God suck. That being said their stiff upper lip sometimes needs to be pushed in a bit. If you were tactful- good for you. If you weren’t, the ‘Mercia! When are you crossing the pond next? Might I suggest a Marine approach of brake shit and kill people approach? Poor out their 20yr old Queens scotch and piss on the castle with Kentucky bourbon fueled vengeance?
One other thought, this is the Happy Thread, and maybe this belongs in a new “My In-laws sucks” thread. Just saying. ?

So my happiness thread is that I live 10 minutes from my in-laws and while That isn’t necessarily happy, at all times, they came and watched the UVA ball game and then left. Them leaving made me happy.

They’re English, but they don’t all live there Jon. It’s a big family with five brothers and sisters and their growing families that all live in the USA. The relatives still living in the UK we don’t see too often, but they seem to behave.

Juicing! Making fresh Pomegranate juice for drinks tomorrow night!

Then ,I will be trying the seven day juice diet. Thanks to Bill for the inspiration!

FB90B50E-9339-4A30-A766-0F0B956100FF.jpeg

So today, looking for a movie to watch, I'm scrolling through Amazon Prime Videos "Rent or Buy" science fiction listings and I come across .... NEMESIS. o_O

This is one of my favorite sci-fi B-movies of all time. And it's been UNAVAILABLE since the days of Blockbuster. Just one of those early Nineties cult following flicks that never made the jump from VHS to DVD. I'd seen used tapes for sale (at outrageous prices) and then, for awhile, you could get a very expensive DVD that did not, unfortunately, play on US video equipment, but that was it. For YEARS.

And then, just like that, there it was. With a 2018 release date, so I guess this just happened. Man, I couldn't one-click buy fast enough!

Nemesis.jpg

I rock. :cool:

I'm sure it'll look a little dated NOW, and I don't mind, but at the time it was the most violent action flick I'd ever seen.

~Boar

Filets & nice wine with the wife, sans kids.now off to bed. Someone tell me what midnight was like cuz I’m gonna miss it.

Took the kids and wife up to Philly for my Dads 74th birthday. I love having my kids around the grandparents. My memories with my grandparents is special and even though it’s a trek and we’re entertaining small kids in a place that isn’t designed for small active kids I’m still incredibly happy to do it. Especially when the grandparents start sharing stories and playing with the kids.