• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Had my cancer follow up yesterday, at my Ocular Oncologist. Eyes dilated, lots of bright photos and a shot in my eye. Doctor said the tumor shrank from 3.2mm to 3mm, so I'll take that as a win. He did say that it might not shrink a lot, but as long as it's dying, he'll be happy. All in all, I'm happy about the prognosis. Still on schedule for yearly MRIs, X-rays, Ultrasounds and blood work.

On my birthday last week, it was announced that I'd be losing my job. Typically not something people would be happy with, but it's a chance for change. As a dad/husband, I've always looked for stability in pay/benefits. Something that pays the bills, takes care of everything we have and has great benefits, with the sacrifice of loving what I did. I just think it's something we settle for, because it's needed. I have an opportunity to find something I really enjoy doing, so we'll see. It's always scary, being let go from anywhere. It's that unknown and all the questions that go with it, that make this hard to get through.

In both of these instances, I honestly think a positive attitude, really does help. They both aren't things we'd wish on ourselves or anyone else. It's on us to find the joy, in the process. I love this video:

Leaving my old job was one of the best things I ever did. Hope you have the same result!

Had my cancer follow up yesterday, at my Ocular Oncologist. Eyes dilated, lots of bright photos and a shot in my eye. Doctor said the tumor shrank from 3.2mm to 3mm, so I'll take that as a win. He did say that it might not shrink a lot, but as long as it's dying, he'll be happy. All in all, I'm happy about the prognosis. Still on schedule for yearly MRIs, X-rays, Ultrasounds and blood work.

On my birthday last week, it was announced that I'd be losing my job. Typically not something people would be happy with, but it's a chance for change. As a dad/husband, I've always looked for stability in pay/benefits. Something that pays the bills, takes care of everything we have and has great benefits, with the sacrifice of loving what I did. I just think it's something we settle for, because it's needed. I have an opportunity to find something I really enjoy doing, so we'll see. It's always scary, being let go from anywhere. It's that unknown and all the questions that go with it, that make this hard to get through.

In both of these instances, I honestly think a positive attitude, really does help. They both aren't things we'd wish on ourselves or anyone else. It's on us to find the joy, in the process. I love this video:

Leaving my last job lead me on an amazing path. Like Justin said, I hope this does the same to you.

Sure would like to see how you got that window up there, dang!
Well at this point it is just framed for the window but OSB and tarpaper covered until the window arrives and I will cut out the hole in the OSB. I will NOT be putting that window in! It is 96x66 triple pane glass and probably weighs 300 -400 pounds. I don't even want to watch them put it up there! well.....maybe I do.😁

I’ll take both as a win/win! I could tell by talking to you that you were not happy at that job.

I’m cutting down and cleaning up some brush at the back yard. Found myself smiling and thinking of Jeff @CigarStone giggling like he was a ten year old when I felled a big tree at his sons cabin last time we were there. He truly reverts back to his childhood and his whole face changes when he does it. Looks something like this and gets everyone laughing.
BE6A1364-91D1-45CF-A62D-F4A90F120096.jpeg