• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

This could go in the unhappy thread but it's really better here.

I went to my cabin Friday to play some golf in preparation for an upcoming outing. I spoke to the guy (Vic) who is running it and I am rooming with, bumped knuckles, and went to play. I played one hole and saw the ambulances rolling in. I went straight to the clubhouse and Vic was already in the ambulance, a friend who gave him CPR said Vic was gone!

I was standing next to Vic's daughter when the paramedics came out of the ambulance to tell her he was gone. I don't know his daughter well at all but it was heart-breaking to see her collapse to the ground. I drank with friends and toasted a few too many times.

I came home Saturday and met with @JoeMO , @Eqwhipped , and @Eqwhippette for cigars, drinks and good company. Had it not been for Joe, Steve, and Robyn, I would have had a bad day!

This is why I love this place!
A rather bizarre update.

I was notified yesterday that Vic is still alive. This is so strange because I was there when the paramedics told his daughter he had passed.

I am told they have lowered his body temperature and are slowly increasing it and trying to determine if there is anything to be saved. None of this makes sense, and my son-in-law, who is a doctor, told me it is also very strange to him.

In addition to the pins and needles, it appears there will also be some liability issues because the ambulance was outside the pro shop for 15 or 20 minutes, and when they left, they left slowly with no lights or siren?

A rather bizarre update.

I was notified yesterday that Vic is still alive. This is so strange because I was there when the paramedics told his daughter he had passed.

I am told they have lowered his body temperature and are slowly increasing it and trying to determine if there is anything to be saved. None of this makes sense, and my son-in-law, who is a doctor, told me it is also very strange to him.

In addition to the pins and needles, it appears there will also be some liability issues because the ambulance was outside the pro shop for 15 or 20 minutes, and when they left, they left slowly with no lights or siren?
I was just notified that Vic passed away. Thank God the drama is over.

Serendipity ...

Thursday morning, while at work, I decided to listen to some Little River Band and posted that in the Daily Jams thread as a "bit of Nostalgia". This showed up in the mail the very next day:

20230824_172233.jpg

This outdoor venue is only about 10-15 minutes from my house. Coincidence?? 😄

Serendipity ...

Thursday morning, while at work, I decided to listen to some Little River Band and posted that in the Daily Jams thread as a "bit of Nostalgia". This showed up in the mail the very next day:

View attachment 71862

This outdoor venue is only about 10-15 minutes from my house. Coincidence?? 😄
They are always watching, always listening…😱